BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

Hi,
You may want to try Zell Dermatology Clinic (formerly Illomys), Dr. Park speaks fluent English as he studied in the US before and he has excellent bedside manner. His clinic is very nice but not known to foreign patients as he doesn't advertise I think. Their price is also very reasonable.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx winterntht!

After pictures are too blurry with crazy lighting flash effects. Seems to be airbrushed or potato quality on purpose.

Well you can look at the other before and afters on the website yourself. This one is just from an independent reviewer on a korean cafe, I'm not korean nor can I read korean so all I've got is pictures and rough translations. All I wanted to do is suggest clinics because people can only find hushu and other foreign targeted clinics.

I'm still trying to look for more :smile: Magic dermatology is just from a word of mouth I have heard from someone I actually know.

• 2 weeks later...
I read a lot of ulzzangs (who are known for their dolly look and perfect skin) go to Chungdam U. There is also a thread on pf where she went plastic surgery here she was impressed by their skin/dermatology service [original post]. She also tells you how to login and navigate through the site.

Looking through the b&a's I haven't seen a whole lot of mature aged people going, it is mostly young/college looking kids going for acne scars, acne, whitening, even skin tone etc. However, I am sure they still do provide services for them :smile:

I think the only problem is that there isn't really like a one time service and you get and you magically have perfect skin, I think you need to go like 3-4 times to see a real difference.

Hopefully you guys can find the skin before and afters, they really are amazing!

Thanks for your reply winterntht!! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
if u know any other clinics pls let me know. thanks .

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm interested in finding a good clinic as well - my issue is dermal melasma, but from talking to a number of beauty experts, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I'm hoping Korea is more advanced.

Hey peeps, sorry I'm new to PS and such. So a few quick questions..
Will there be complications of I go for skin smoothening & whitening treatment right before and after PS?
For those skin treatments with 3 sessions, how spread out are these treatments? Across the week?
Anyone with quotations for skin refining and whitening - for uneven skin tone, acne scars and large/clogged pores?

As you can see, I haven't done much research on this. The plane tics sure ain't cheap so my greedy self would like to get more things done for my coming PS trip next month, if time and budget allow.

Aww ok.. Thanks for your advice!

• 2 weeks later...
I found another clinic that no one has mentioned yet and it seems they are english friendly and won a Korean medical award.

http://www.serionskin.com/en/

~ extra info ~
For people who are wanting to get rid of acne scars specifically (and need some whitening). I have read and also suggested by my korean friends, the most popular choices to counteract them is: fraxel laser and aladin peeling.

However I would avoid fraxel laser, though it is effective, you need multiple sessions and doesn't really change your skin "within", so if you do not religiously take care of your skin after, it will go back to what it was. (I did this before and my skin was good for 1-2months and then it went back to me still getting pimples and the scars from it argh).

The Aladin peel apparently you can have some effective results only after 1 session and it helps/stops with sebum secretion.

PRP is also good to improve overall skin (scars, more collagen).

• 1 month later...
I was chatting to a forumner on Kakao and she mentioned she has considered Anacli as one of her possible dermatology clinic. I couldn't find a proper english site but they are featured in the "Visit Korea" website, so I guess that's some sort of credibility(?)

http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=309463

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=262487