BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Hey flintstones fan :smile:

Yea, it's day 3 (I think) and I'm really pleased with it. I've had no bruising, no pain since the surgery - the worst that's happened is some recent itchiness. I think it's a really non-invasive surgery - he just stitched the "line" into my eyelid.

I got it done at Banobagi with Dr. Choi but I also consulted at:

Opera (I liked them, the consultant was great - I only went with Banobagi 'cause I couldn't find anything online about the doctor at Opera...and this is a small thing, but he poked my lids a little too hard when we were discussing lines and a little part of me thought maybe that would translate over into the surgery room)

The Line (really busy, bit disorganized - head doctor saw me because I threatened to leave, he was nice and honest, actually recommended I don't do anything at all). This was probably the best price - a little over $800 for both eyes - but yea, I didn't feel that comfortable here. And there was a lot of waiting).

ASPS (only spoke to the consultant since all the doctors were busy and wouldn't be free for another 30 -45 min, even though I had an appointment - was not impressed by this. Consultant also tried to insist I should have both eyes done - which I made clear I didn't want - and also insisted on anesthesia, which I also didn't want).

Wanted to check out Teuim but my god, that surgeon is busy :smile:

Good luck and I'm sure it'll turn out beautifully! I'm really, really happy I pulled the trigger and finally got mine done :smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a bad review about Cinderella in another thread. I think i should post here to reduce your hassles.. i got an infection a few weeks following my surgery and its not looking too good. I met another girl who also had infection and was receiving treatment when i was in the clinic waiting for my turn. I regret my decision :sad:

Hello
I also had a surgery with Cindrella could you please email me so we could talk
Here is my email:

[email protected]

Thank you

The small clinic i went to is called Lead Plastic Surgery. I'm still waiting for the recovery.
The consultant there does understand basic english but wasn't willing to speak. I was there with a korean friend and he was the one doing the translation for me and bargaining the price. Dr Lim there is able to communicate in English.

The location of clinic is near exit 3 of apgujeong station. I had my procedure done on 14th April and now my right eye is still a bit more swollen than the other one. Overall I do like the clinic and doctor! One special thing the doctor offer was botox injection on my forehead. I don't have any visible wrinkles on my forehead to begin with, the reason for the botox was, by my best understanding, to correct the bad habit of using too much eyebrow muscles and forehead muscles to lift up my eyes. Doctor recommended non incision methond + ptosis correction + fat cells removal. Due to the weak eye muscles, eyes may look sleepy, after ptosis correction, botox will sort of numb the forehead/eyebrow muscle and hence force my eye muscles to work. And for recovery it will strengthen my eye muscles and to be less reliant on the forehead and eyebrow muscle. Does it make sense? I'm not medically trained but that sounds sensible to me.

First price was quoted at 2.5m KRW but due to an event going on it was reduced to 2.2m KRW. My friend was helping me to bring it down to 1.8m KRW. Dr Lim said that, if I agree to his proposal to get botox injection, he will do it for me free of charge, and it's completely optional. I thought that's agreeable to in the end, I paid 1.8m KRW for non incision / ptosis correction / fat cells removal / botox.

The paperwork in the clinic are in Korean, so you may need to get someone to translate or bargain for you if you would like to go there.

Hope what I am sharing here is helpful! (I dont know how to upload picture, but i'm willing to share)

i'll just copy paste it.. i dont know how to share link haha

Hi everyone i'm back and i want to apologize as i wrote good things about Cinderella back then without waiting for the result. The job was so well done i couldnt resist writing good things about them. It would be a sin to not write a follow up review.
I'll just get to the point. It turned out I had an infection. I resided in Korea but I have to go for business trip. I followed instruction and everything they told me to do. Everything was going great until I realized my eyelid was in pain and there was a discharge... I panicked and went for check up in a nearby plastic surgery hospital and the surgeon told me it is an infection.
That is not a good news. He gave me some antibiotics and told me to go back to the original surgeon asap but then I remember I met a lady with infected nose while i was in Cinderella. I thought oh well we have different surgeon and maybe she was unlucky.
Well i guess thats not the case.
I am not sure what to do and if it will leave more scar or it will be botched. But it doesnt worth the time, energy and money. I guess the discount they gave me will be used for further treatment and maybe future revisional surgery.

I guess it's just time to pray. there are people who turned out fine.. but there are people with infection just like me and another girl I met. She had nose. mine was eyes. well.. 2 facial parts are proven to be infected in Cinderella.. i dont know if im too negative.. but what's next? breast? we never know.. besides after infection how the line will look like? will i be botched? do i have to spend for revision? now i'm spending for further treatment koz honestly i don't trust them to take care of me anymore.. even if they provide free service. my face is more important than the money.

Hi gals. I actually did incisional DES a year ago. Quite happy with the the crease and all. Only problem is that i didn't do epi. Hence DES made the Mongolian fold worse. Am looking to do only epi at Teuim.

However I never hear anyone who only do epi without DES (cos adi did DES some time ago). Can someone with experience please share?

Hey Jen,

This is exactly what I want to do Epi without DES .. I am in Korea now and will try to find out just arrived today. If anyone else has gotten just Epi surgery performed without having to do a new DES please let us know!

I third this :smile:. I will need epi+revision on my left eye and epi+??? on my right. I was the one that previously wrote about regretting not getting an epi with my primary surgery.

Where did you have your first surgery?

I had my eyes done at Cinderella clinic in beginning March. I took my stitches out 7 days later as directed and I was still in Seoul for a month after my surgery. I went in one month after my surgery (beginning of April) to double check with the surgeon that everything with the healing is FINE before I leave Seoul.

I am back in Americas now and realized there is a big problem. There is thread sticking out of my right eye and the wound isn't healing. I only realized this after leaving Seoul.

I messaged Cinderella right away about this issue . To be exact, I messaged them about April 10th. They have been ignoring me and taking forever to deal with my case.

I was extremely dissatisfied with their aftercare because my wound is clearly not healed if there is a thread coming out of it. It is red and itchy. This will likely lead to an infection sooner or later and I need to deal with this FAST. I have been nonstop messaging them and yet they kept delaying their reply.

FINALLY, they replied and said the thread will MELT if it is inside. They told me to CUT the thread sticking out of my skin and the part that is still in my skin should just MELT.

Is this even possible? That thread will just MELT??

Anyways, I told them I am not cutting it because that is quite scary for a regular patient to cut a thread close to their eye. Cinderella consultant told me to go to a doctor back in my country and cut it.

If someone is considering Cinderella, think again. Their aftercare is horrible. They do not accept responsibility if there is a problem.

I am currently waiting for the consultant to reply to me after I told her that my doctor isn't willing to cut it...

I have been waiting for days already...and the LINE messenger does show she "seen" my message.