BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey hun I'm planning on going around the end of nov/early dec.

Whats your kk?!! Would love to talk to someone else in the same boat!

HI! I'll be going end of november for double eyelid surgery as well!

Hi everyone! I have been on purseform for years now researching and researching. I finally had DES done at JW clinic in July 2016. This post will probably be my last (unless I randomly decide to check back to answer questions. Just a disclaimer, I am going to rant and write everything that comes to mind. I will not profread this since this may be quite long so sorry for typos and such. I actually wasn't going to write about my experience at all since I figured this is it and i am done with my ps journey, but i remember getting very annoyed with people that finally get the surgery, vanish, and never tell people how it went. ANyways here go.
Surgery: incisional + epi
Clinic: JW beauty
doctor: Dr Choi hong lim
Planning/logistics: I traveled completely alone. Flew from US to South Korea and stayed at hotel sunshine which is 5 min walking distance to JW. You do not need a translator. Buying food, getting around, taking taxi/subway is a lot easier than i imagined. Plus, you can get everything you need at grocery stores. All you gotta do is pick up items, pay, and not talk to anyone lol. My biggest concern going into a goreign country was buying food, but that turned out to be a non issue. oh and I stayed for 10 nights.
Clinics: only consulted with 3 (jw, teium, dream)
JW: ultimately chose this one because dr choi seemed skilled and made me feel very comfortable. he was also nice. most importantly, he specializes in incision des which is what i really needed since i have to much skin and fat and what not. they showed me a lot of ba pictures not online and I really liked his style. I've also read a lot about his credentials so was very interested in him. However, I could only find very few actual people with photos of their eyes that got done by him. (there are ppl like mizbunnie and miss lemonade, but I was afraid that was marketing or something). So it was actually pretty risky for me too choose him since not many people on purseforum (i think there is only one girl with pictures on here) that recommended him. In the end, I'm very happy though.
Teium: dr kwon had a way to him that made me feel like he knew everything about des. however, i didn't go with him because I personally don't like his style. his epi is to much and just too sharp. also, i've seen pictures of ppl who had their eyes done with him, and when they close their eyes I don't like the cut of the incision line. Like it's really sloped high from the inner corners/ (lol, not sure how to describe this) nevertheless, dr kwon is the safest bet for foreignors. I highly recommend him to ppl to lazy to do research or ppl who are not sure and don't want to deal with researching less known doctors since you eyes will turn out fine with him.
Dream: Only consulted here cuz it is close to my hotel and jw. not much to say here. i never really did research on them and can't even remember which doctor I went to.
Preparing for surgery: after I changed and washed up etc. I was hella nervous because I felt like i was making a rash decision and part of me wanted to run away. It's really quite surreal at this point. Anyways, I was still questioning whether I should have chosen dr choi over dr kwon so yeah, i was a total mess in the head. I finally decided that it's too late now and i just need to have faith. I only calmed down after dr choi spent a really long time measuring my eye, using tools and stuff to make sure everything was even, the height of the crease, how much skin he was taking off, and everything was perfect. He was very meticulous drawing the designs on my eyes and making sure everything was symmetrical (which is my biggest worry). So I guess that's when i finally decided he is a good surgeon and I trust him with my eyes.
After surgery: By the time I was fully awake and aware it was already 3pm. forgot to mention earlier my surgery started at 10am. So i was asleep for a long time after that. Anyways, when I could finally walk and stuff, the nurse (or somebody) got me a taxi (even though my hotel is literally 5 mins away). i got in, they brought me to my hotel. i went into my room and just slept. around 5 pm i woke and ate some oatmeal stuff i prepared before.
For the next couple days I just went out to by food, walk around, do a little shopping and then come back to my hotel. Also, about the hair washing thing. I asked the nurse about it when I went back for checkup my 3rd (or 4th? cant remeber day) and she just pretended she didn't know what i was talking about so i was like whatever and just went to a salon to get my hair washed. no big deal though.
When i finally had my stitched removed by a nurse, i got to see dr choi. he looked at me and was super happy with the results. at this pint I was still pretty swollen and slightly bruised, but he said tat i healed well. my left eye was a bit moe swollen than my right but he assured me that my eyes will be perfectly even after a few months.
CONCLUSION: all in all, it was a whirlwind of a trip, but at 1.5 post surgery, I am incredibly happy with my eyes. I have no epi scar, but I do have a scar where the incision was. It is a thin red line. I kakaoed them and they said that it will eventually turn skin color and will fade within a year. (lol that's a long time) most importanlty, my eyes are even! my left eye was actually a tiny bit smaller before so the fact that its even now just makes me sooooo happy.
I will probably be back later even though i said i woulnd't at the beginning of this post just in case i left out anything important......bye for now

• 3 weeks later...
Having ptosis correction at the young age, is there side effect? Is there other problem with botched ptosis correction? I know if the surgery done badly will cause eyes not able to close properly or having a look looking constantly suprised or angry.

Hey guys,

I am going korea early 2017. I have assymetrical epi and eyelid

I did epi reversal with dr chung and my epi become more assymetrical but i dont look angry anymore.

I am planning to do epi on my right eye and double eyelid revision.

Currently im leaning towards:
Dr Duhan ( i see his before ans after and i like it)

MVP ( hear some good review)

What do you guys think about them?Any info would help me

Add my kakao if you guys wana discuss further

I sent you a PM for more info but I also wanted to know how long it took for you to book surgery after initial consultation at JW ? :smile: Thanks!

Hello, for those of you that did DES or ptosis correction, how long did it take for you to notice any change? I did ptosis correction and I'm post op day 7 but it feels like my eye shape is almost the same as before (looks like monolid unless I raise my eyebrows)

I ended up going with Mega because TL was not responsive and I wasn't able to meet the doctor during consultation and other clinics were too high in price including MVP (they wanted me to pay a deposit before I can negotiate any discount and their rates were the highest out of the few I looked at).

I told the surgeon I wanted my eyes to not look monolidish and wanted them to be wide open withoit raising my eyebrows and he seemed to understand but I guess I didn't point out how much of double eyelids look I wanted? I'll try asking the clinic tomorrow but eyelid wise I don't think the shape changed; however my eyes are wider than before due to rhinoplasty bridge augmentation (didn't need to do epicanthoplasty as a result)

Could you share your experience please? :smile: Like, what procedures you had, which doctor performed them, how was the consultation with the doctor, the attitude of the consultant, the price, if you were able to bargain etc!

Also, is it possible that you post before and after photos here or privately in kakao? I am interested in Mega but yours is the first review of them I find!

Thank you:smile: