BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Hi Everyone,I've been searching about DES for months and ended up with shortlisted clinics: ITems, banobagi and Teuim. Is there anyone has experience with Items, quite like B&A pictures but there are not much review about it. Banobagi and Teuim have a lot of mixed reviews so I'm really not sure. I'm planning to go to Korea early next year, anyone going around that time?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my consultation at ITEM and I was really unhappy. The doctor that saw me was super rushed. It made me feel like he didn't care about me and that I was in some sort of factory. The amount that they will quote you will also be higher than smaller local clinics. They own I think like 3 or more floors of the building that they're in, so that means that your surgery cost covers apart of their "rent/mortgage". That's something to consider. They also advertise very heavily at the subway stations with a lot of billboards. So you're technically paying for that too. They told me that they would never overcharge me just because I'm a foreigner. When I heard that I rolled my eyes so hard, because they were charging an arm and a leg for their procedures when other clinics charge a fraction of that. Their before and after photo booklets looks very dolly so if you want a more natural look this might not be the clinic for you. When I was there I paid attention to all of the receptionists faces, and it was very obvious that they had work done. I don't know if it with ITEM or not, but it didn't look good at all. You could really tell that they look unnatural.

@Talkischic thank you so much for sharing your experience. Definitely cross Item out of my list.And yes I want to have a really natural look, if you know any good clinic for DES, please let me know. Teuim and Banobagi are the ones who I can found the most reviews. However they overcharge foreigner too much so i still looking for some other clinics as well.

I hear you girl! I'm still in search of a clinic for my DES too. I also like Banobagi results but their prices are a turn off. I'm going to keep hunting. I'm in no rush.

Hi,
has anyone done epi TWICE? Or has bad results with epi?
I had mine done half a year ago & there are still overhanging skin left, which I'm quite eager to remove by doing another round of surgery.

Please let me know, thanks :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
May I know which clinic did your epi? TIA:smile:

i saw it on facebook that Banobagi has event for eyelid surgery~ check that out~~

Hi miss orange

Do u have any epi scar from the surgery from
Mvp?

was wondering what doctor you visited and how are the results now"?
if its okay could you send me a before and after photo? kakaoid: ton0011
if anyone could give me some advice about having double eyelid surgery in korea as a asian foreigner please add me on kakao as well, i am so scared

• 1 month later...
(I'm posting this in different areas because I want to warn or at least inform others. I know that everyone's experience can be different.)

Hi everyone, last month I decided to get revisional double eyelid surgery at MVP due to positive reviews on this forum...unfortunately, I am completely upset with the results and feel depressed. :sad: My eyes are entirely uneven - the doctor did ptosis correction on my left eye MUCH more than on my right eye. So when I blink and also when my eyes are open, it's incredibly obvious that my left eye is bigger (as in, you can see much more of my left eyeball/brown iris). My left eyelid opens upwards much more, and it's not like I can control how much it lifts up versus my right eye. I've been spending more time doing makeup to try to make it even, but it's really difficult and people can still tell, because that's how big of the difference there is. Has anyone had this issue before? I thought MVP would be good for revisional double eyelid and Ellen made it seem like this would be the last time I would ever need eyelid surgery...now I'm already thinking about my next surgery. This is incredibly upsetting and I feel angry at the doctor and the clinic. When I was expressing my preferences and concerns before the surgery, it looked like he didn't even care. Maybe because MVP knew that I was a foreigner/didn't live in Korea, they didn't provide me with the best surgery possible. I don't understand how Korean doctors who have probably performed thousands of surgeries could make a mistake like this. I understand that you can't expect perfectly even eyes, but the unevenness in my case is unbelievable. And I know that I still have to wait for the swelling to go down over months, but that's not going to change the image because it's the ptosis that's the problem here. I would post pictures but I don't like sharing private information on the Internet...I want to cry everyday. Also, MVP definitely overcharges. They charged me 3 million won when another clinic asked for 2.4...I chose MVP because of the good reviews here and because I thought that a high price meant quality results. Boy was I wrong, and I deeply regret it. Oh and another horrible result - it's not just the ptosis that is uneven. The eye shapes are completely different too. My right eye has like an upside down U shape (like a normal eye for example), but my left eye looks deformed like...okay this is a better way to picture it: my right eye looks like ) shaped, but my left eye is more like ] shaped. It doesn't curve, it's more like a straight line across the top. I hope that makes sense. Please do your research instead of depending on these internet postings, and really take your time with consults at MANY different clinics. Meanwhile, I will keep looking for other clinics for my next and hopefully last revisional surgery...I am so heartbroken.

Edit: the clinic I'm talking about is
http://mvpps.com/mvp/mvp.asp?part=mvp

And Korean version:
http://www.imvp.co.kr/eye/center/ssang.jsp

(I might consider posting pictures of my botched results after a few months after the swelling has subsided even more)

Omg I'm so sorry that happened to you...*hugs*
Is the left eye still natural looking or does it make you look like you're surprised? Sometimes when ptosis is too much, it makes someone looked shocked, is that your case or does your right eye need a bit more? :sad:

Sorry to hear that. Asymmetry issue is common in the early healing stage. I am sure if you ask them about your concern now, they will say "it's too early to predict the result, please wait..."
I did my eyelid surgery with MVP in November last year. Unfortunately, the swell has not subsided completely, so the "crease" has not showed up yet. In my case, my right eye can open up more upwards than the left eye if i try really hard to open both eyes as much as i can together, there is no "surprise look" on my eyes. According to what Dr Seo told me, the ptosis of my left eye was corrected more than the right eye; But i don't see much difference as before. Since my left eye and right eye were not the same size to start with, i don't think Dr Seo did make them the same size after the surgery, but the asymmetry is not that obvious though. Besides, i still feel my left eyelid is heavier than the right one when i look up, it doesn't bother me though, i am not sure this is normal healing process or he didn't remove enough skin.
I cannot comment anything on Dr Seo now as it's too early, i will do after another 4 months.