BeautyHacker

Coolsculpting vs. Lipodissolve... What works and what is a scam?

I am trying to get rid of my double-chin. I would like to avoid liposuction because I had a very rough recovery in 2013 and have pretty much sworn off plastic surgery (at least, until I'm in my 50s and need a facelift or something).

Does Coolsculpting actually work? What about Lipodissolve? From what I've seen, there are better, more significant results with Lipodissolve, but I have also read horror stories. Anyone have actual experience with either?

Lipodissolve does work well on the face area but its unpredictable. Alot of clinics have stopped using it using if you put the wrong amount in, it can burn you from the inside and cause permanent scarring and damage. I wouldn't take the risk. Not to mention that swelling period can be as little as 1-2 weeks or as long as 6 months. It depends how your body reacts to it. I was considering lipodissolve 2 years ago but my surgeon stopped me and explained the risks.

I have used coolsculpt before. It doesn't work well on the face from what i hear. I had it done on my body. Results are absolutely crap and each treatment is expensive too. If you want to see results you need to diet and exercise or else u can forget about seeing anything noticeable. If you do diet and exercise then in the position where you use the coolsculpt you can notice some slight improvements after a month. Very slight. But because you cannot exercise your chin....well its pretty much useless for you.

Oh, boo. Have you heard about ATX-101 that is coming out supposedly this year? I have high hopes for it... It's supposed to be a "safer," FDA lipo-dissolve.

I may have to resort to SLIMLipo, though I am terrified of going through any sort of "surgery" again. Do you have any experience with liposuction? Would you recommend laser vs. traditional?

ive only gotten lipo on my face. I avoid body work because i scar very easily on the body :sad:

Laser lipo is minimally invasive and yields great results on the face. Im getting that done in May for my cheeks actualy :smile: U can be totally awake btw for laser lipo. That's how simple the procedure is. If that helps lol tho some ppl might be squirmish at the thouht of a needle in u while ure awake

Acculift is a form of laser lipo.There's tons of different laserlipos out there. Acculift is just one of them. Its all a matter of marketing and branding. i think the main different between laserlipo is the frequency they use. Acculift is the most used one in Korea at the moment. In the US they use some other one invented by some harvard scientists or something i can't recall the name. With regards to sagging....well i dunno how much the acculift prevents sagging since ive never had it done. Some people say they experience tightening while others say the tightening is but an illusion from the swelling and sagging occurs after swelling is gone. So im not too sure.

Wow, thanks for all your info! So you did not use Acculift on your face? Which lipo did you use on your face instead?

I am leaning towards SlimLipo because of its tightening effects. I would prefer non-invasive, but I've heard so many bad things about Lipoddisolve. A lot of posters claimed that it caused them GI dysfunction years alter due to the chemicals. ATX-101 is supposed to get approved this year, but I'm not sure if it's going to be significantly different from Lipodissolve.

i wouldn't be the guinea pig for atx-101. let others who are more daring try it first haha

i used regular lipo, incision through my inner nostril so no scarring at all. I have some slight sagging now from it thats why im trying the acculift

I haven't gotten lipo yet -- K Couture was the one who got lipo. I would still prefer to go the non-surgical route, given how rough of a recovery I had from my eyelid surgery & nose job last fall. I am really having high hopes for ATX-101 given the studies I've read, but it's not available yet.

I may get SlimLipo because of its alleged tightening effect if I do resort to getting surgery again.

(Yes, I realize I could just work out and diet, etc., but my double chin always looks like crap regardless of whether I'm thin or slighly overweight -- I just naturally have the face of a 200 pounder). It's genetics -- my parents are in great shape but both have hideous double-chins, too.

Update: I got the soy-based Lipodissolve this week. I decided I don't want any more surgical procedures for a long time. It was $200 and I had it under my chin.

The pain and agony I've read from internet reviews seems to be greatly exaggerated. It was about as painful as Day 1 of eyelid surgery recovery, and only for the couple of hours immediately following injection. I went right back to work after the injection, actually. By Hour 4, it just felt ginger to touch, and by the 7th hour, it didn't really hurt at all. I didn't swell significantly the first day. When I woke up the next morning, I was super-swollen, but then I drank some water and it went down within half an hour. It's too soon to report on the results of it yet, but I can safely say that the pain associated with this is NOT that bad. I did have an itchy reaction for about half an hour due to all the B12 in the formula (I always react to B12 vitamins with itchiness), but that went away as well.

from what the surgeon told me lipodissolve's effects greatly varies. Some people can swell for as little as up to 5 days whilst some can swell for as long as 6 months. There's apparently no way to predict this.

I hope ure swelling goes down and u see results! I hear lipodissolve shows visible improvement in the facial area.

Thanks, K Couture!

This is terrible, though -- just when I swear off plastic surgery, I'm being introduced to the wonderful world of non-surgical procedures! :-/ I was so impressed by all the lasers for different skin conditions (I have horrible skin), Lipodissolve (which, I agree w/ you -- seems to work really well on double-chins and small areas of fat... not so well on large areas), and injectables. I better not become a Botox addict when I'm older...

Hi K Couture, would you happen to have an idea where you are going to do your accuflift? How much would that be charged? I will be in Korea in the 19th and have planned to visit AT, DA and TL. Thanks for sharing.