BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with wishingstar -- definitely tell the clinic that you've had a previous silicone implant that was removed b/c it was starting to protrude. There is scarring from the original procedure where incisions were made and healed tissues and skin elasticity that may need to be taken into account during your next rhinoplasty procedure. Think about it -- if they think you've never had anything done to your nose before, and operate on your nose only to find scar tissues (while you're drugged up and cut open on the operating table) that wasn't initially considered in their intended surgical plan, they may be forced to change techniques on the fly without enough time to plan, and it may result in a botched outcome. That is a worse case scenario, but it's not worth the risk to save a little money. Even a "good" case scenario, if you go to a clinic that does its due diligence with imaging first (MRI's, CT scans, etc), if they find out that you've lied, they may be upset and jack up the price on you above and beyond what you would have paid for a revisional rate anyhow for being a complicated/risky client. Either way, IMO it's in your best interest to disclose the facts and discuss techniques that considers all the facts in order to avoid any additional unnecessary possible complications.

It's not a completely accurate picture painted, about locals receiving better service/more expert surgeons, or that foreigners can't sue so doctor's don't care about them (the government actually offers foreigners a way to address medical disputes via the Korean Medical Mediation and Arbitration Agency http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2013/08/117_108721.html). One of the reasons why it's costlier for foreigners is b/c S. Korea as a whole, is aiming their economy's growth towards medical tourism, and to nurture international trust and to attract foreigners, they are improving safety standards, increasing governmental regulations and requirements (including registration, additional staffing, periphery services) for clinics who are catering to foreigners.
(http://www.medicalkorea.or.kr/en/why/safe-advanced-infrastructure.jsp)

There are currently still hundreds of unregistered clinics still open for business, and to be fair, maybe some of them do a good job, and that locals do know and are okay with. But they're illegal chop shops where you are gambling with your face to save money. Also, for registered (legal) clinics that aren't aimed at attracting foreigners, they would not need to have as much governmental oversight/regulations to follow as those who are attempting to attract foreigners, so costs may be lower in those places (and while I'm not saying those clinics are unsafe, their safety standards are not ensured as much as "foreigner" clinics) (http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-02-korea-foreign-focused-plastic-surgery-clinics.html)

Note that the bigger picture is that S. Korea's national agenda for medical tourism isn't only geared towards PS -- the government's bigger "game" is in the healthcare industry as a whole, meaning liver/heart/organ transplants and 'heavy duty' medical needs as well as biotechnology (Samsung is even producing medical equipment and has a whole medical campus now, as their business model geared for the future is in medical equipment -- beyond handhelds/ watches/ netbooks/ telecommunications). In order for trust to be gained to attract international business, the government is very keen to make sure foreigners have a satisfactory experience in the country -- including for PS -- otherwise their 'bigger game' poising to be an international medical destination is undermined. I posted a report on medical tourism in s. korea in the 'ultimate resource ps in korea thread' for anyone interested in reading more of the current context we're in...

hi there I am new to this Forum!!!
I had consulted banobagi via mail and was replied a quote
all for one 7700000
and
cheek reduction ie zygoma 6600000
I asked for the best discount possible because of a limited budget and I got the best price for 1300000 Korean won.... which after exchange rate conversion is about 1800000
bexcuse of the steep price I feel like I have to find another good clinic ...
so I chanced upon ever m... which looks promising ! but I am scared because I can't speak fluently...
and seems like there are problems with translators

can anyone tell me approximately how much does an translator charged
and
how much does ever m quote for jaw shave , cheekbones, buccal fat and masseuter muscle reduction ???

Would love if someonecan reply !!! ^.^

No problem. Which other clinics are you going to be consulting? Please keep us updated. I'm kind of having a hard time to narrow down because I was pretty much set on Teuim or Opera for my DES based on the reviews here and even booked a place nearby. However, I'm also really interested in Wannabe & TheLine based on their website pictures, but I haven't seen a lot of reviews about them.

I wouldn't discount a clinic based on what they quote you online. This us just a base 'foreigner' quote they give to everyone, it is subject to change once you have a face to face consult and depends on your situation and how much of a discount they give you. 'All for one' procedure is coined by and is signature to Banobagi, it would likely just be a VLine or FC procedure at EverM..and you can request that as an optional?

Do anyone know how to sue a clinic in Korea if the surgery went horribly wrong? Many people that plans to do plastic surgery in Korea want to know this because it is important to know how to sue a clinic in court before surgery.

I have searched on the internet and i have found nothing that tells concrete how to sue a clinic in court.

Thanks in advance!

Forget about it, is the most realistic path. You incur risk, and you have to be real about that. The forms you sign generally absolve the clinic of all, or most, liability. Couple that with patients often not being local and therefore it involves international law, which may have its own limitations of liability, and a clinic's resources to fight a case versus yours, and the outcome becomes obvious.

Why should i forget it? If the surgery went horribly wrong i have to ask the clinic for a free revision or i have to sue the clinic, i will not let them get away with it. I can record everything the doctor said on my phone during the consulation, i have a good soucre and evidence.

I just want to know how to sue a clinic in a court in Korea. I just need to fix a lawyer and then show the court my evidence that will support my case. When i have done this i have to wait and see how the judge will respond and how the outcome will be.

You can sue all you want--in theory, in your imagination, until you get down to the particulars of the cost and difficulty and the incredibly low probability of a favorable outcome. Not what you want to hear, I fully realize. There's a reason you don't see much online about successful suits against PS clinics from surviving patients.

Hate to break this to you but it's actually illegal to record a conversation without the involved person permission or consent.. So I advise you to not do it, since they can't use this in court and it might even end up being used against you for invading their privacy.

Thank you for your advice. I dont think i will have a choise. I need evidence so i think i will record everything the doctor said during the consulation. Then if i decied to sue the clinic, i will just ask my lawyer if i can use the recored material as a evidence or not in court.

Do you know how to sue a clinic in Korea? How can i go the court and sue the clinic? I found this website about Constitutional Court of Korea, and it sounds interesting. http://english.ccourt.go.kr/cckhome/eng/index.do#none

Here is a another website that tells how it works with courts in the country. http://www.korealaw.com/sub/information/boardView.asp?brdIdx=43&mode=view&brdId=litigation

Someone posted a linked to a news article that posted another link to how to settle with a clinic in this thread a few days ago. If you want to settle something, you have to do it through this I think

https://www.k-medi.or.kr/index_main.html

And here's the link to the news article as well

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2013/08/117_108721.html

Thank you very much for your help. I will read both websites and try to understand how it works.