BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the consultation on wednesday and they offered me to do the surgery on friday if i confirmed the appointment till thursday 12:00.. was perfect for me bc i like to sleep over an important decision. some clinics want u to decide right after the consultation.

I wasnt very satisfied with the consultation back then, our oppionions about the end result differed a lot. Thats why i didnt go with them. But i remember he was a nice, friendly guy and also their english tanslator/consultant was veery nice (forgot her name tho).
I would definitely consult other clinics too if i was you ;)
Btw i'm typing this msg for the 2nd time, i got called for surgery during typing last time :smile:

Oh did you have your surgery already?
Wow. Good luck! :biggrin:

Yup it was Dr. Suh from JW.
Some surgeons don't listen to what you say and tell you how you should look... But he was very friendly/patient and will explain his opinion on how to approach your surgery without being overbearing. :smile:

Hey guys,

I will be in Seoul Oct 13-23. 2014 ;) , and planing to do double eyelid surgery and epi in Pitangui .

I will be living near Gangnam area ( actually 10 min walk from Pitangui).
I speak Chinese and English.

anyone interested to go around or shopping , please add me :smile:
Kaokao ID: vovobengal

You're not consulting any other places? You're planning on going just to Pitangui?

I'll be in Korea in December for my eyes (and nose/fat graft)... Please keep us all updated on your experience! :biggrin:

Aw that sucks, kkim, to have to go through recovery and not see a difference! Would you be comfortable PMing me before / after pics of your first rhino with Dr Suh? (no pressure if you don't feel comfortable, but it would be amazing if you could, since I'm considering him, too!)

Had you also considered a fat graft to the bridge when you did your first nj? Like you, I don't want an implant, but I'd consider a fat graft.

My biggest worry is that I'll go through the time/money and not see any improvement!

I don't think any reputable surgeon will do fat graft for your nose bridge. I wanted to avoid all types of foreign body implants, so I didn't raise my bridge at all. Plus, my bridge isn't all that low either, so Dr. Suh said that while he would like to put a 1-2 mm implant, it would be alright if I didn't want it.

As for my photos, since I only did tiplasty and not a proper full on rhinoplasty, I don't think my results are representative of what Dr. Suh is capable of. I would be happy to share my photos after my revision, but at the moment, I think it'd be unfair to Dr. Suh and JW.

While I can't say the results are what I wanted, the service at JW was excellent back in 2012. They have a new english coordinator though, so I don't know what it's like now... people seem to be reporting friendly service though.

Gotcha - out of curiosity, what's the problem you see with fat graft on a nose bridge?

I thiiiink Dr. Park at Dream does this (or perhaps it's dermal fat wrapped in fascia or something like that?) but I'm not sure.

Well, fat graft is notorious for being unpredictable and reabsorbtion is a recurring issue. I did a quick google search and it looks like most doctors don't recommend fat graft to nose bridge.

I know that lots of places do dermis graft though. Which also has high reabsorbtion rates, but less than fat. But for either of these, because there is reabsorbtion, the results would be unpredictable.

I suggest you do your own research and see what doctors think when they do in-person consults. When will you be in Korea?

Yes I agree with kkim. I never heard of anyone doing fat graft on nose bridge. Please do more research before heading for surgery

Hi. I'm a guy as well. I'm not planning to go around that time. However, keep us updated on the forehead fat graft. I'm interested in doing that myself. Good luck!

Hey, I see you've had alarplasty done. I'm planning on doing this as well, but can't seem to find very many b/a pics. Do you mind sharing your experience with me? Thanks!

Finally finished my consultation and surgery + recovery process reviews. I like the results so far but swelling is still really bad. http://purasuchikkuboy.blogspot.ca/2014/08/in-person-consultations.html surgery day can be found in the next post. It was so hard choosing between life and jw!

After my surgery I chatted with Daphne for a bit via e-mail (eng consultant at Dream) and she gave me some pretty interesting info. We started to talk about other clinics since she asked if I wouldn't mind telling her who I chose over Dream.

Apparently JW is pretty big competition for them and they recently lost quite a few potential clients to them. Wonjin still has a good reputation among Koreans, she was surprised to learn it has a bad rep with oversea people (basically this forum). She also told me Grand isn't doing too well and has a bad reputation among Koreans right now.