BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Filler doesn't last forever.

The thing is, in my opinion implants are not interchangeable with fillers. Implants are not just "permanent" version of fillers. They look and feel different and also affect your face movements differently. It's because implant is actually a piece of silicone stuffed in your cheek. The movements in your face can never be the same with implants as with fillers. You might find your smile and eyes are different after implant. Filler is moulded much more closely to your face (if done properly).

True that filler is not as permanent (usually last 1-2 years) but it does build up. People that look "over stuffed" with filler tend to be the ones who go back for more every year. It's not necessary. Over time you need less and less filler.

But don't make mistake of thinking that inplant is just a permanent version of filler. It is not. It actually look and feel and move quite differently. Also, if you don't like implant or you get infection, you have to have another surgery to remove - more time off, more money, more stitches plus chance of sagging.

Wish Clinic is great. Dr Chuang speaks great English, as do the staff. I also did rhino there and love my result. Taiwan is a lot cheaper than Korea for surgery (esp these days - Korea is super exy now!!)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't fillers the equivalent of fat graft?

Anyways, I kind of wanted a very TINY cheek implant on the side of my face to make it a bit wider and rounder and to have that "perfect" circle face shape, and then fillers over and under that implant to give it volume and to sculpt my face into the face shape that i want, which is that "perfect" shape thingy

The thing is, I don't want to go again to get more fillers, if it fades away, honestly, id rather just get the surgery and then forget about my face forever, and not have to worry about how the skin will shift and what implants i should get in the future.

Do you know of any procedures like that? Would REALLY appreciate it.

I wouldn't want a HUGE implant on my face, I would probably want about like at most 1-2 cm of a cheekbone implant, and I would also wanna fat over that implant so it doesn't look as protruded

So you're saying, id have to go get more fillers, for about how ever many years it takes, which then, i'd get less and less fillers, eventually I wouldn't have to get anymore?

Money for me is really not an issue, so I don't mind if its expensive, but if you know of any other clinics that specializes in cheek implants id be really appreciative of you :smile:

I will DEFINITELY check out wish clinic since its good, but a variety of clinics are better also :P

My implant was tiny also (about 2cm).

However, even small implant can erode your natural cheekbone because it's not fixed in place. They can move as you eat (even if it only ever so slightly you won't feel it) but overtime it can erode the bone you have.

Honestly it doesn't take very long in the scheme of life to build up filler. You'd probably only want to get a touch up once every 18 months for 2-3 times. You can also get more semi-permanent versions of filler that last even longer (I have never bothered).

IMO if you only want 1-2cm of cheekbone difference, implants are definitely not worth it. If you go check out the Make Me Heal and Real Self boards you will see that for most people, implant is not a "one time thing then don't touch for life". If the implant moves, you gotta fix. If the implant thins your skin, you gotta get filler over the top anyway to cover it up or remove it altogether, if the implant gets infected, also must remove. Plus I'm not sure they have a life long warranty to begin with...

At the end of the day it is totally your choice:smile:) in my experience, just not worth it. Even having such a tiny implant changed my smile (couldn't see as many teeth) and made me look fake and plastic. I looked tighter in my face.

I was so relieved and happy when I could get it removed and didn't experience too major sagging.

I can't really recommend another doctor only because I just went to Wish Clinic. Maybe Thai doctors in the big hospitals like Bumrungrad? I don't know which country you're from but I'm sure western doctors have more experience with cheek implants than Asian doctors too FWIW as most asian want to get rid of cheekbone these days:smile:

Most plastic surgeons recommend fillers or maybe fat graft at first to see if you actually like how you look with a fuller face. Cheek implants, even small ones can make great differences, but they'd have to be done by a skilled surgeon who has experience with them or you could end up with disastrous results. I had cheek implants done in my home country and because the surgeon didn't place them right they pushed/ affected my facial nerves and I had them taken out after a week, but the damage was already done.It left me with some slight facial paralysis/weakness on my left side of the face and when the nerve regenerated I developed sinkinesis, which means the development of linked or unwanted facial movements, like when I smiled my left eye becomes a little narrow or when I blinked my left cheek and mouth corner also lifts. I had to have physical therapy to re-train my facial movements and it's barely noticeable now. I also developed a seroma and the implant looked like it would pierce my skin, it was like a scene from a horror movie where all of a sudden things grow and move under the skin.
Anyway my point is that whatever you choose make sure you pick a skilled surgeon, who has experience with the type of procedure you'll get as even fillers don't come without risks. I'm not sure Korea is the right place to go for cheek implants, maybe Item has decent results. The results posted by clinics like Top Class for cheek implants seem worse than the before to me but it depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

I can agree and say that cheek implants are not always a great idea. I had them done in the United States and one ended up becoming infected! It needed to be removed and now one cheek is flat.

Can I ask which clinic you went to when you had those cheek implants? And, I'm so sorry to hear!

I messaged View Clinic to see if they offered cheek implants and they said that they did offer frontal cheek implants, but side implants are a little difficult? Does that translate into anything? about if I should have them done by them? or if the results would be good? because I kind of wanted side cheek implants at about 1.3 cm. So any advice would be helpful, even maybe other clinics that are specialized in that area??

And the look im trying to achieve is the face shape of Portia Doubleday, my face is just a tad bit more oval than hers, but I think with cheek implants and some fat graft on top of that, it will fix everything. in my opinion

I think side cheek implants are a very bad idea and will make you look very strange and masculine.

Also most people with cheek implants have a stiffer looking face, especially when they smile (look at Lana Del Rey, Dawn Yang, Jocelyn Wildenstein)

To fix your oval looking face into a more heart-shaped face, maybe it's better to make the lower half of your face smaller.

Try fillers for your frontal cheekbones to have more fullness and then perhaps maybe fat removal for your lower cheeks or jaw reduction if needed.

If you look on RealSelf, mostly everyone who's gotten cheek implants looks very strange, especially when they are placed on the side.

Good luck

I completely agree especially re: stiffer looking face. DY's cheek implants ruined her looks IMO.

Also seconding slimming the lower face instead of getting implants as a way to make your cheeks look more prominent. In retrospect that's what I should have done in the first place :s