BeautyHacker

Life After V Line Surgery

Hey! From what I've seen the sagging is permanent, but everyone has different experiences. Some people don't get any sagging and other people have severe sagging. It's mostly determined by how much bone you get removed. Of course if you remove a lot of bone it's natural that your skin will sag in those parts.

But you can definitely get the sagging fixed if it's really bothering you. In most cases it's not really that bad so don't worry too much. I don't know about the results after about 40 years though. Your skin might not look so great around your jaw if your skin is already saggy since your skin will get even more saggy as you grow older.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thank you jojoyes :smile: Heartclock wrote in this thread:
This long cut she mentions, is the smooth cut all over the jaw, where you don't dissassemble the chin and then assemble the pieces again, right? I'm 17, so I wonder if I could heal the saggable skin permanently and in time. Logically, I could imagine that if a child got jaw surgery, which makes his jaw grow differently, the skin would grow to adapt to that jaw...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi,
I've been off of purse forum for a while; I wanted to know if you went through with the surgery and how it went? I hope it went well if you had it done?

• 4 months later...
Hello!

Made an account to record my experiences because I just did jaw reduction surgery and chin implant 18 days ago! I realised a lot of you guys went to korea but I did mine in Thailand instead.

My peak swelling was day 3 and 4, after that it went down quite quickly. I love how my jawline looks now but the area around my chin, is still semi swollen and I look abit like moomin (Japanese cartoon) ahaha.

My face before surgery was very short because I had quite a severe overbite and a square jaw, but the overbite made it look worse because my bottom jaw was not aligned properly (due to teeth grinding since young, I suspect) so my bottom jaw pushed my whole face backwards and I didn’t have a chin.

Overall I’m quite happy with my new jaw line but still waiting for my chin to be better. My whole bottom lip to chin area is quite stiff and still numb right now.

If anyone has questions I’d be happy to discuss where I did it, with which clinic and etc etc :smile:

• 8 months later...
Hi chigirl1972
Sorry I know this is an old post but I'm hoping you will be able to reply. I have been through a similar situation to you. I had v-line surgery in april 2018 at banobagi along with accusculpt Lipo on my cheeks and under chin they also failed to warn me about any skin sagging post-op. I am now 4.5 months post op and I have saggy, droopy jowls and prominent nasalobial folds. You mentioned you got a smas facelift and cheek lift did I.d hospital do that for you? And did they offer to do this for free or did you have to pay ? And if so how much? I went through doc Finder the medical tourism agency for my surgery with banobagi so I hope they will provide me with some assistance when the time is needed. I spent all of my savings of £23,000 so I don't know how I will afford a cheek/face lift but I cannot live with a saggy face either, I'm only 36 and look like a 46 year old. Doc Finder said I should wait another 2 months to see if it heals if not then I hope they can do something for me because I am stressing out like mad. I've waited 36 years for my plastic surgery transformation and now i feel more ugly than before.

did u say u spent £23,000 for Vline and Acculifit?

Vline is around USD4K. Acculift if Im not mistaken is around 1K.

Sorry that u are experiencing sagging, I hope u can find a way to atleast fix it.
All the best!

Also rhinoplasty and some laser treatments.

I don't know where and what clinic you saw v-line for 4k us dollars but for me as a foreigner they charged me 17,18 million won for v-line surgery and that's through the medical tourism agency Doc Finder. I did get a discount for all of my surgeries so it was roughly £23 k overall not to be too exact, I did have a bit of change left over. Maybe they over price foreigners, I have heard some foreign people experience this too.

I just checked and I spent £18,420 to be exact and that is without the laser treatments. Price breakdown: £4,540 for rhinoplasty, alar base reduction and accusculpt and £13,880 for v line and bone graft of chin. I saw Dr lee for nose and Dr Oh for v-line. Hope this helps makes things clearer for you, if you require further help then let me know.

Zygoma reduction + Angular jaw correction + Genioplasty and bone graft was £13,880 with discount of 15 %. It also depends on which doctor you saw and I saw Dr oh who is renowned and every case is different. Not everyone is going to pay the same price it depends on your own personal circumstances and needs.

Oh ok, u had zygoma as well, so thats a big operation and other operations, that explains the total amount.

I had vline surgery exactly a year ago, my double chin got worse and i have some extra fat left on my lower jawline. It does bother me but not like a lot, i still want to get rid of it but i wouldn't want to go back to my incredibly older asymmetric chin/jaw.

But also my chin still does not feel healed and it's still kind of sensitive. At this point i sometimes worry about them not healing at all past this point

Is there a way to make them heal or you just have to wait and see...?