BeautyHacker

LOWER EYELID SURGERY experience in Opera Plastic Surgery, S.Korea

Thank you for the detailed comments.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get fat repositioning surgery for my dark circles in spring but I only have 6 days days before going back to work. Do you think it will be okay(I work and live in SK)? Or do you know any treatment that heals swelling and bruises fast?

Many forummers here shared that Sinnech, Bromelain and Arnica could help with healing and reduce swelling and bruising. But before taking any best to double check with your clinic as every one's PS case is different to some degree. Good luck with your healing!

I had a severe bruises on the cheeks and went to skin clinic to get some ointment. I got 'Mung Cream(Mung mean bruise in Korea) It was around $16 and it helped the area a lot. I remember a pharmacist saying that the ointment includes vitamin A(?) not sure. Maybe you can double check with your clinic later. Good luck!

Hey, @gloriawow. This is the picture taken after 7 days. The operated areas looks purple and yellow but the swelling was not that horrible. I think if you take a surgery on the first day of SK and at least have 5 days of full recovery, you will be okay. But it is only my opinion so why don't double check with your clinic.

This is my first time actually looking at the post surgery pictures... it is so real. Thank you so much for sharing it!

I think this will be my last update of down-time pictures. As I wrote earlier, the swelling was maximum on the 2nd day and after stitching out(14th), I wasn't worried about the appearance. Best lucks to everyone who's going thru the same experience!

Right After Surgery > 2nd Day > 7th Day > 14th Day

The pictures are so real and helped me a lot to understand the lower eyelid surgery downtime. I didn't know that the swelling is the worst on the second day. Thank you for sharing them.

Actually she used the external incision method. Usually only for older patient that method is used. Younger patients just do it via TCR without any soof manipulation and the internal method is used, so there is no visible scarring even during the first few days post op

• 2 weeks later...
Once my mom and I had a consultation of under eyes. She was recommended a lower blepharoplasty (removal of sagged skin, incision around the eyelashes, removal of eye bag by taking out the excessive fat, re-positioning of remained fat in order to make the area fat) She was 58 years old and she had sagging wrinkled skins. My case, they recommended under eyelids surgery via TCR without any external incision. My concern was just for dark circles and slight puffiness. We haven't taken the surgeries yet because it is super peak season in Korea but probably will try next year after searching bit more in this forum! Good luck to all SK beauty travelers.

Hi Oxana, thank you very much for sharing your experience and congratulation, you look great. I am 44y old and got the same problem like you. I plan to go to Seoul in February. Could you tell me the full name of doctor Kwon? Shall I contact him for appointment in advance? Thanks

Thank you and @K Couture for adding more good/helpful information.

My surgeon was Dr.Kwon, Soon Bum?Beom? He is the only surgeon whose last name was Kwon. I made an appointment two weeks advance. Lunar New Year's Day is in Feb, 2018 which is big holidays in Korea. I think you should contact the clinic in advance if your plan includes taking surgery too. Good luck!