BeautyHacker

Are Chin implants offered in Korea?

thanks for the link! good info to keep in mind!

I think its based off of what you think is right for you. In my case, my chin isn't super recessed. I just need a subtle yet strong change. I don't mind removing the implant when I'm 50yrs old tbh. It's just something I feel that need in my 20s-40s.

For such a subtle change I can't justify going for a bone cutting surgery that requires major downtime (I cannot afford this as I'm an athlete. I cannot just take 2 months off from the gym). I've also been under 3 general anesthesia surgeries...and the recovery is a so stressful for me and that I would never want to go through something like that again unless I absolutely have to.

Again, do it if you feel like you absolutely need it. That's my advice :smile:

Everyone has brought up awesome points and I agree its what works
for you in terms of lifestyle, cost, safety factors, etc. Bone cutting is expensive, scary, more dangerous, with a somewhat harder recovery. I’m still trying to figure out what to do myself. After I meet with several doctors I’ll see the scans and where my nerves are and what my options are. But I had a question about the GA, I’ve had it around 3 times before and after the first night I was fine. Did you have a harder time?

@ryanthelion Hey
My 3 GA procedures:
Orbital decompression on right eye (Oct 2016)
Septoplasty (Feb 2017)
Zygoma on right cheek + Buccal fat removal on both cheeks (Sept 2017)

I was fine the first time and second time I was also better, but I could notice that I was a bit more tired and my throat was messed up. The third time, I felt like I was run over by a truck and my throat was screwed up for a while, and i lost my voice, but I recovered by day 2-3. GA puts a lot of stress on your body. You need to be in good health/conditioning to go under GA imo. I would avoid it if I can.

• 1 month later...
As I have a silicon chin implant placed about 25 years ago in my early 20's by a very skilled reconstructive surgeon, I can tell you from my personal experience pros and cons of the implant over a long haul. Pros as you can imagine, it's less invasive than bone cutting method and easier to remove if you so choose. Back then, the surgery was done only with local anesthesia (in my country anyway) so it was traumatizingly scary and recovery was super painful. The implant was not custom-cut either which I still regret because it could have been fitted better. It's basically placed in its default shape. I initially regretted the surgery tremendously for about 2 weeks when swelling was bad, but once the swelling was gone around one month post-op, I was actually very happy since it was pretty remarkable what an improvement it had made especially when you see yourself in pictures. I get a lot of complements on my smiles all the time. When you have somewhat protruded mouth or recessed chin, it definitely improves your profile. Cons: other than initial pain, I started to notice that the position of implant may have very slightly migrated to the right if you scrutinize it very closely as well as chin has receded very slightly. These are actually two of most common long-term issues associated with chin implants: especially the bone absorption (silicon implant negatively impacting the chin bone) over time so it does not look as good as it did 25 years ago now although the difference is subtle. I didn't have any infections or weird sensations after the surgery though. So when people talk about having to replace it 20 years later, it's possible due to bone absorption making the chin recessed compared to the time it was in full shape. In fact, I've been thinking about re-doing it after some more research. I'd love to hear from other people who has done it more recently and their experiences. Maybe the implant material could have improved by now in which case, it might mitigate the absorption risk?