BeautyHacker

Are Chin implants offered in Korea?

@Fried$hip Genioplasty is when the cut your chin bone and extend it. Chin silicone implant is just inserting an implant after making an external incision at the bottom of the chin and placing the implant over your chin bone. The downtime is considerably lower than genioplasty.

Im interested!

The downtime is lower initially but remember implants have a limited lifespan, so some time in the future you'd need to get it replaced and go through it all again. I'd rather just get something done once and be over with it for the rest of my life.

Not sure if this is true...where did you find this information? I was told that implants can last a life time. Or else why do some surgeons offer, say, medpor chin implants that cannot be removed easily as they adhere to the tissues?

While the material may last a life time, foreign objects in the body may need to be removed later for other reasons like infection, displacement, etc. We're talking about something you'll have in your body from say age 20 to yours 90s, many things can happen during that time. When it comes surgery, I'd always opt for the body's own tissue if it's an option as it is here. That's just me though.

@Ashly117 This is what I've found from my research on both methods. As @Gats mentioned, I've seen more people get an infection and eventually remove their implant (not sure if this applies to medpore, but our bodies do tend to reject foreign substances esp over time, as I haven't seen any long term 10+ years research on it). Some doctors on medical forums say implants are expected to last avg of 10 years.

"The benefits of genioplasty include added projection in both the vertical and horizontal dimensions. There are extended chin implants, but they fail to correct any vertical deficiency. Additionally, a chin implant will cause resorption of the bone in the long term."

"In brief, medpore is indicated for mild to moderate horizontal chin deficiency while osseous genioplasty is recommended for any chin"