BeautyHacker

For those that got FC/V Line.. pros and cons?

For those that got such surgeries, and anything similar to any type of FC, could you please comment on the post-surgery results and if you have noticed anything different since the surgery? Like no sensation or feeling.. can't move your jaw a certain way.. etc. Looking for both pros and cons but mainly focusing on the risk side of things so I can make an informed decision to see if it's worth it for me.
I am not scared of any surgery (got rhino, eyes, and BA) but for some reason, FC scares the crap out of me even though I would love a more photogenic shaped face =/

When i first looked at my face after my vline i loved my chin and it looked small but as months went by it started looking bigger due to my fats and muscles, which was pretty saddening but it's already whatever to me. I have noticed the slight sagging which is just a rly small double chin that only gets noticeable if i purposely force it. The fats and muscles are really annoying though cuz it doesnt disappear.
I had no idea and i didnt note this on my PF review but only after 4 months i noticed my lower gums were completely numb like 98%. And thats only because i never bothered/forgot to check and it doednt affect me in any way.
6 months are almost coming and i keep healing better each day, my chin doesnt feel tight anymore, i can open my mouth more and it's getting less sensitive as time goes by.

I don't regret getting fc.

I got fc on one side of my face. My right cheek was off balance but I liked my left cheek. So I got right cheek zygoma reduction.

You see the results in 1 month. But the recovery sucked. I can only imagine how hard it would've been if I had zygoma reduction on both sides of the face. You definitely need some willpower or someone to take care of you...The first week is the WORST not because of pain but because you can't eat anything or open your mouth to even talk.

But even some couple of months in, there's a little bit of soreness if you try moving your face too much in weird positions. It's been 4 months op for me now and I've fully healed :smile:

So if you survive, the results are fantastic. They definitely make a huge difference.

Hi @kayart0803 , I got mini v-line surgery 2 weeks ago at Regen. As Ashly117 mentioned, the first 1-3 days were really difficult, and I could barely swallow water nor talk, and literally had to keep a ball of paper in my mouth because I was drooling phelgm/blood 24/7.

After about 1 - 1.5 weeks though, I began to see my results and it was amazing, I wanted subtle results and my doc did an amazing job (you can see the pics in my post). My results were natural but so powerful and fixed my short chin.

As for complications, I still have some soreness when eating, it takes several months to be able to open your mouth as wide as before. Sometimes I feel tingling throughout the day. My lower chin is still numb but I wouldn't say 100%, I can still feel it when I touch it just not when food gets stuck under my lip. I can still make every facial expression and don't have any sensational complications. And at my consultations with the head doc at Regen and GNG, they said only 1-2% of their patients experienced nerve damage/numbness. I recommend that you do your research, specifically on the doctor you want surgery with, and you should be fine! I definitely don't regret getting vline, I can see the results so well when I see myself in my phone camera now. Good luck!

Had vline about 9 months ago. When I first had surgery, it took a couple of month for the swelling to go down..so your face might look unbalanced because wseellong may not go down evenly in both sides. I can talk normally, face expressions are normal. But ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY CHIN AND LIP , I CAN NOT FEEL ANYTHING. So it is possible to have nerve damage . I can stil eat normally, but I wish my sensations would come back 100%. The results are nice, have not had any sagging, but I do have an ever so slight double chin . Most ppl don't notice. Would I do it all over again ? Yes , because I hated my face shape. But I'm glad you are really looking into this , some people could not live with having possible nerve damage

Ugh, that makes me sad. I want a BA too. But really wouldn't want to lose sensation there. Like you said, even if you go to some of the best docs you can stil get these side effects.
How long has it been since you got the BA?

Yeah, I went to a doctor that I really trusted and love my results! But yeah, no sensation and it's something I gotta live it. It's been a little over 2 year :smile: I don't regret it because I really wanted this done and is ok with losing sensation (even though it sucks). But for my face, not sure if I can live with numbness there >.<

I had v line two months ago, my chin is still numb and food gets stuck in the lower corner of my gums because I can't feel it. But every once in a while I feel a weird tinge and I can feel a little more of my face again. So I guess there's still time.

No sagging except for the first two days because of the swelling, then it all disappeared :smile:

• 1 year later...
I had facial contouring with zygoma 2 years ago. The first year i experienced a bit of numbness and some pain in my lower teeth, but after a year i completely healed so nothing bothers me health wise. However I had crazy amount of swelling and some sagging, so i had to get acculift, which actually made more difference to my face than the fc. I don't regret doing fc but i do regret the shape that i asked for.

• 10 months later...
Where do you go for your acculift ?

What kind of sagging?

Im in the same boat as you. I did the v-line 2 years ago, but I have some sagging on cheeks and a prominent double chin caused by the loose skin.

I'm going back to SK in may and will get facial lipo and maybe threadlifting.

If you do the v-line you will have to deal with sagging and loose skin and do an after treatment. I talked to some of the girls from the 2018 kakaochat, and they mentioned they had similar issue.