BeautyHacker

Brow bone reduction - does anyone have experience? (Consult or sx)

Hey everyone,

I am very interested in brow bone reduction surgery and hoping to find a clinic in Korea or possibly Taiwan. I am cisgender female (western features) but the angle of my brow bone compared to my nose gives a masculine and sunken-eye appearance. I had hoped rhinoplasty, lots of botox/fillers, and giving an illusion of a raised brow with brow microblading (tattoo) would help, but it didn’t give as much of a feminine result as I wished.

So far, most of the ffs and brow bone reduction before & afters I have seen are by surgeons in the US, which look amazing but after having experience in both Korea and the US for various surgeries, I prefer Korea (cost is a benefit but skill, final result and hospital treatment is obviously more important).

I have only really found information on larger hospitals (ID, Wish Clinic, Grand) which show these procedures on their websites....but there are so many threads advising against places like ID.

Would anyone have information on this? Or looking into the procedure yourself? Most threads I see for this topic on TPF are left unanswered or outdated.

Thanks so much in advance, TPF has helped my PS journey tremendously xxx

Hi @thelilachour, for your kind information korean doctors don't perform brow bone reduction or forehead reduction procedures because these procedures are not very common in Korean culture. There is I.D hospital which does perform this procedure but you wouldn't wanna go there and regret later. I'm also looking for some good doctor who can perform forehead bone reduction/setback, efficiently.

As for now, U.S is your only choice or rather your only viable option to get brow bone reduction.

• 1 year later...
Hi there
have you found any doctor to do this surgery, it seems there are more doctors in Thailand who are performing this.

forgive my ignorance and I know this might not be the right thread, but what does cisgender female means? is it different from transgender?

to TS yeah I think Thailand is the best country to have this kind of PS done.
goodluck!

Dream offers it but I dont think they have information about it on their webstie. Your safest option for good results would probably be to go to a surgeon who deals mainly with facial feminization (as they would have lots of experience with forehead reductions).

My experience finding a clinic for Brow bone reduction :

A. This Doctor in Belgium is an expert in this field, I contacted the doctor Dr Bart van de Ven via their online forum, sent my pictures and paid for 50Euros and 4days later I received an email with doctor suggestion and quote (Euro7000). The appointment will at least take 6months+.
https://www.2passclinic.com/ffs/brow-bone-reduction/
Dr Bart van de Ven.png

B. I contacted doctor Chuang at wish clinic in Taiwan and received an email back about the cost (TWD140000) however they did not reply back to my emails after that which is strange.
https://wishclinic.com.tw/en/brow-bone-supraorbital-ridge-reduction
doctor Chuang at wish clinic.png

C. I contacted Doctor Kim Nam-bok at K-Artps Clinic in Korea and they have loads of pictures in their webpage and they told me that doctor is doing this type of surgeries on daily bases I have to stay in Korea for 2 weeks and it costs 6000-7000 $.
http://www.k-artps.com/en/?ckattempt=1
Kim Nam-bok at K-Artp.png

D. With Thai clinics, my experience is not that great since they seem to be not straight forward.

I would be happy to hear anyone's experience with the above or other clinics regarding Brow bone Reduction.

Attached pictures are from each of these doctors (From their websites)

• 2 weeks later...
I also haven't had it, but I was considering to get it as well. I was considering Dr. Kyle Keojampa in the States since he performs Type 3 Forehead reduction which can give the most dramatic change but is also very difficult to perform (I couldn't find many doctors who do it).

http://www.drkeojampa.com/

EDIT: Oh I realized that Dr. Bart van de Ven at 2pass Clinic in Belgium also performs Type 3 Forehead. His reviews on RealSelf are very mixed though - some say results were amazing while others say it was horrible (some say it's Russian Roulette). I was highly considering him for the low cost, but I don't think I want to gamble with my forehead.

Hey, I'm actually considering FFS kind of surgery for myself too! But in my case I want to do V line and maybe brow shaving for more feminine looking face :smile: I'm also doing research right now, and I've never heard of Wish Clinic. I've contacted ID already and maybe I'm gonna have consultation there and see what the surgeon can advise first, and I was also considering Face Dental and Banobagi.

oh im going to id too. i think it's better to be done all at once at one place. and im sure id has had more patients than other clinics for those surgeries which means it's more experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out doctor Kim at K-art, he is the only one i know that does make small incisions for brow bone reduction.
I have had it recently with him and will update you the result next month.