BeautyHacker

Any Kakao groups for those trying to go to Korea for DES?

I just want real world people accounts, talk and connections from those who are trying to go to Korea to get DES done. It's hard to go to Korea from USA and try to consult each PS clinic (there are SO MANY!), make sense of it all, as well as understand how to exchange the money from US dollars to Korean won, as well as break the language barrier as locals do.

Any kakao groups I can join? Please and thanks!

PS: My goal is to go in December for DES, consult 4-5 clinics in person, get the surgery (I'm looking for a natural, incisional DES), and be back in USA after 2 weeks! With the users I've talked to (thanks MissOrange for example!) I've chosen MVP, JK, Dream, UVOM, and JW. I'm still researching and reading stuff up on PF tho! :smile:

Hey! I'm going to go to SK in this Dec too! I'll prob get lifting surgery(thread or acculift) and eyelid surgery :smile:
I'm talking to ID, JK, Top class, Uvom, Cooki. I guess I need to narrow down and decide where to visit for consultation.
You got plane ticket already?

Hey! Yay it's awesome to find someone going as well and no I haven't gotten a ticket yet have you? I've been keeping in contact via email with clinics tho and getting a grasp of prices...

What made you choose those clinics can I ask? :smile:

Well, I want to visit some of big clinics and small local clinics. I thought big clinics were more reliable but I recently found bad reviews of big clinics that people got botched and most of the good reviews on here were from the patients who got the surgery with discount.. So yeah I decided to check out some small local clinics as well.
Like Uvom and Cooki.. not much info of them but the consultation with them is good so far :smile:

my date for korea is set :smile:

sweet! THanks for your input!

• 3 weeks later...
Heey yourfavasian I noticed Uvom was on your list! I’m considering them myself and would love to hear your opinion not sure when or if you’ve already gone but pls let me know when u can. Thanks a lot. my flight is already set too for a flight on July 23rd!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

• 1 month later...
I’d love to chat with someone else who’s going to Korea for surgery too! I’m headed there at the beginning of May for revisional DES and have absolutely no Korean language skills (downsides of being a korean adoptee). Feel free to add me on Kakao if you want to chat! I’ve been to Korea a couple of times before, but never for surgery. I can probably assist with common everyday questions you may have about international travel to Korea, like currency exchange. Kakao: mkallison