BeautyHacker

recommend docfinder or no?

hey guys, i want to know your experiences with docfinder and if you recommend going with them,
or just going alone and finding your own translator?

and do you need to pay docfinder? cause i heard that your cost gets higher at clinics when you go with them cause they need to get some profit out of taking you there and recommending them

and if i were to go alone with my own translator what would be a average cost like per hour? and per day?

thank you!

Yes I'd like to follow this forum as well! I am currently in Busan and will be making my way to Seoul over the next month - where I hope to get lipo done on my abdomen, flanks, bra line and lower arms. But there is so much conflicting information about docfinderkorea. So many people say - use docfinderkorea, so many people say - do it yourself.

I only have one more month left to make the decision (even though I've been researching for years)

Looking forward to hearing people's opinions!

Personally I feel it's best to just go on your own. Like what you've said, docfinder does result in you paying a higher price to the clinic (usually the case) and they work with a few selected clinics so most of the time you may be limited to the clinics they recommend you.

Depending on what procedures you do, many clinics around have translators or English-speaking consultants (some may have Mandarin-speaking ones if they cater to many Chinese patients). If not, search around for your own translator and make sure they only translate for you and not recommend clinics or are brokers for any clinics.

may i ask where your going to get the work done? (:

yeah i also heard that they make you pay a higher price then when you come alone, so i was hesitant.. do you know the average price to just have your own translator in korea?? cause i found some on facebook like freelancers? and they were 40,000KRW an hour and i didnt know if that price was high or low ^ ^

To be honest - even though I've been doing research for years - I still haven't fully decided on where to go.

The top choices I have so far are: The line, 365mc, pretty body clinic, Dream and TL

The line and 365mc are my favourites - but I think that they are also the highest costing. So I'm not sure how I feel about that and I also don't want to just be treated as a "number" and not get quailty care.

Thanks for you reply, this what one clinic (ID clinic) with docfinder gave me as a quote which is so expensive.
Zygoma reduction + V-line : 17 mil krw or V-line : 10 mil krw
Face & neck lifting : 14 mil krw
Forehead endotine : 6 mil krw
Actually they listed other things I needed too but like you said, you end up not certain of what you need.

By any chance, was the last one Regen? Because I've heard they recommend them a lot.

Can you please expand on the experience that you found with My Seoul Secret? Did you ask for prices from the hospitals prior to reaching out to My Seoul Secret?

Any additional information would be super helpful :smile:

Yeah, so MySeoulSecret had a second option where you can DIY (Do it yourself). I found clinics on my own and never told them about it until the day of surgery. Their purpose is to act a guide like give you instructions on how to get to your airbnb/hotel from the airport. Nice restaurants, shopping centers, etc. They're also willing to legally help if it comes to that with regards to PS and make sure your surgery went well by following up. Also, they have nice knowledge about PS industry. Try getting in contact with them and ask him about their services. For this, I think I paid $150 USD or something like that.

Hi, I used DFK service last month and I don’t know why DFK price looks a little more expensive. When I compared mine, the price from banobagi and DFK was same and I got discount on top of that too.
DFK told me from the beginning that their service is free and they runs on a commission basis with clinics.
And I do get the same price and used DFK service for free.
If you go to Korea by yourself, nobody will be able to help you this much and we don't understand Korean. So I think it’s a good idea to use their service. It's not bad and if the cost is same, why don't you use the service?

Wow that's really impressive....

^You should read why I wrote carefully. I said I took their 2nd package where you can do things yourself. I never once revealed my full name and DOB to MySeoulSecret (info needed to operate as an agent). They didn't know about my clinic of choice until hours before the actual surgery...when all bargaining and payment was done.

They offered this package precisely to those that hate involving 3rd party agencies into the mix. Also, the staff is composed of internationals and Koreans who were raised in the west. So they seemed trustworthy to me...not that I don't trust a local Korean, but as a foreigner in Korea, yeah, I trust fellow foreigners a bit more.