BeautyHacker

My honest review on Docfinderkorea

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just finished my rhinoplasty surgery last month and I feel like I had a similar problem when I was just starting to plan my surgery and where to even start.. Hahaa so just like you, I saw those YouTube videos as well and decided to reach out to DFK. For me, since I was set and determined to get a Rhinoplasty just around April 2018 and my goal surgery month was September, I had such little time to research and I was also limited on going online to research about anything because I work in an island in Alaska over the summer where there are no cell towers and barely can get any cell signal or WiFi. So I only had 5 months to get the ball rolling, whenever we would go in town away from the island I would email DFK regarding the procedure that I wanted and stuff. I didn’t know about this forum yet, but I honestly think that everyone’s needs are all different so DFK was a good choice for me, as a first timer doing PS, first time traveling to SK alone, and helped me along the way while healing. Just like you, I have that wide alar filipino nose but since your half white, you probably have a tall bridge compared to mine. Lol DFK provided me 5 clinics I can go to that they are affiliated with that are safe along with the prices and suggestions, and they were; Banobagi, View, Cinderella, JK, and ID Hospital. I was originally gonna go with Cinderella because of youtubers Celia and the price was not as high as Banobagi, but I took my time with responding back which clinic I want to choose and kept checking back on the clinics websites, since I have slow internet in the island I tried to research as much as I can and ended up choosing Banobagi for their proportionate yet natural style on their rhinoplasty b&a photos. I also came across their promo of the month on their website saying 30% off for rhinoplasty with their top nose surgeon Dr. Lee Hyuntaek, to secure the deal I must transfer 5%-10% deposit to Banobagi before July 31st... so that was a no brainer for me. I emailed DFK and asked them if they honored Banobagi’s promo or should I talk directly to Banobagi instead and they told me they honor the promo as well and that was a done deal for me. Once I got to SK, did my quick consultation with Dr. Lee and we discussed my ideal nose, and he mentioned some add-on like chin filler so my new tall nose will harmonize with my chin proportion, I like how he cares about how the whole face would harmonize and not just give a pretty nose, anyways, the total price for my rhinoplasty surgery was $3960.00 w/ the 30% discount, I paid in full, in cash, and in USD (ask your clinic first if they do that though). They don’t do monthly payments specially with foreigners, maybe they do with locals, idk I’m not a local so idc lol. DFK helped me out with transportation to and from the airport, moving to my Airbnbs, and to and from the doctor’s appointments. I learned how to take the train so I went exploring by myself, I suggest taking the train, traffic sucks for taxi lol and a lot of walking helps to deswell and heal faster because blood is circulating anyway. On my 4th day post op when they removed my nose stint and tape, it looked great I had no brusing anymore (secret is walking!) On the 11th day they removed all the stitches and it did not hurt at all, the youtubers hyped the pain up but it wasn’t bad. Hope this helps you ^_^

Hi I am really considering having surgery in Korea , can u recommend a very good clinic at a good price that I can cunsult ?

• admin locked and unlocked this topic
  • 8 months later...
Hi I would also like to ask a few questions.”, what’s your KakaoTalk?!?!

I did consult docfinder at first :biggrin: I was naive back then and was very impressed by their super long email, how they explained the procedure in detail. Then I realised, like you, it’s all copy and paste as I did more research and noticed others got the same responses too. And, I also got ridiculous prices :annoyed: like 20mil+ for rhino, V-line and zygoma.

I agree with you that even consulting with clinics themselves seems more personal and genuine. Also much cheaper :shocked: I don’t know why docfinder claim to not inflate their prices and tell us to email the clinics themselves and that we’ll receive the same price:confused1: it’s too good to be true and obv false hmm

Not hating or judging on anyone who uses these services, but I hope they can know that navigating in Korea and going through surgery “alone” with the clinic is not difficult and if we can get a better price too, why not ? :smile:[/QUOTE]
H

• 5 months later...
Back in 2016 I messaged DFK and clinics directly for quotes. Both gave me the same prices. As it was my first time going to Korea for PS I used DFK.
This year I have also contacted DFK and individual clinics for their prices for other surgeries. When again comparing the quotes, it is the same. So I am unsure why I keep reading that people receive better quotes when contacting the clinic directly. In my experience this has not been the case.

I would think you possibly can get a better discount when going alone and bargaining during f2f consult. But what I have read is there are others receiving better prices via online consultants.

• 3 weeks later...