BeautyHacker

Double Jaw indecision

So now half of the clinics I contacted say my face is long and double jaw would be best to correct it, others say I could get by with having the chin and rhino. I'm trying to avoid double jaw but ugh now I'm thinking maybe just do it and be done with it rather than trying to avoid it by fixing everything else. I guess I'm in the grey area and this is a tough choice. Has anyone had here double jaw? Was it worth it?

I can't find any medical literature online for the criteria for double jaw (as in minimum millimeters of jaw length, amount of retrograde etc) if someone can point me to that it would help. I've posted my pic on MissOrange's thread to see if you think u can help that way too

Absolutely not @Chinnie. My docfinder quotes listed double jaw for me and I did not need it. Just as you do not need double jaw.

Thanks a lot hun! And see it thought didn't need it and was sure about it, but damn these clinics getting in my head and I know better! I was talking to one and they said they have to do double jaw otherwise the chin and the nose won't get good results, then I started to second guess myself idk!

I'm getting this surgery in a few months and couldn't be more excited :smile:
Do you have a gummy smile and how big is it?
If not, shortening your upper jaw is a bad idea as it will bury your teeth under the lips and practically kill your smile.
Is one or are both of your jaws recessed/protruded or do you just have a non-existent/jutting chin?
Which one of your facial thirds is bigger than the others - forehead, midface (glabella to subnasale) or lower third?
These are the questions you need to ask yourself if you want to know whether or not double jaw is needed in your case.

• Thanks 1

My smile is slightly gummy, but not enough that I mind. I do have maxillary hypoplasia (the forehead and chin are more prominent) and I had a Oro-max surgeon suggested double jaw whe I was a kid but my parents decided braces only. It went okay teeth have move back on the bottom since the jaw is narrow and now I have to have braces again :sad:. Gonna try invisalign and teeth shaving though... I don't want to deal with more metal in my mouth :sad:

Hi Chinnie,

I understand your struggle! Double jaw surgery is so hard to recover from and so invasive...
The best way for me to give you my unbiased opinion is for you to send me a pic, you can blur out everything except for the face shape.

I think the clinics want to give you the conventional k-pop face shape, and those people all went through double jaw surgery. If you don't go for it and just do your chin and nose, it'll still be an improvement for sure but perhaps a less drastic transformation.

Thanks dear

Well I'm gonna post up my pics here anyway lol I blotted out the eye this time cause I'm more shy today idk lol

I know I definitely do not want the kpop baby face! And some places said let's do jaw and ckeek shaving and I'm wtf are u fot real did u even look at the pics? Maybe the jaw is big though idk I just don't want a hard long face

Oh yeah n here is my cute little half smile, if I full smile doesn't look as bad but the lip tuck in and shows gum. You can see the smile/jaw asymmetry but I'm more concerned about overall aesthetics

Thank you :smile: I shared my teeth pic too. Damn I might just have to do double jaw :sad: These opinions are helping because it's been a tough choice. No matter what I am going to be a complicated case lol

Indeed! You don't need cheek shaving, your cheekbones aren't protruding excessively. But my honest opinion is that you would benefit greatly from double jaw surgery! I've seen tons of cases of before and afters where the before was just like yours. Great transformative results! You can ask for a subtle change so you won't get that Kpop baby face, but a nice oval face. :smile:

I've looked into it in the US in the past, the doc said it would start at 20k to do! And don't think insurance will cover it. However if I got it done in Korea it'd be cheaper but I'd be worried that I am not close enough to the doctor in case of emergency. I would have to come back for rhino too. Ugh I wish I could just get the bone scan and then have some sort of Skype conversation instead of going there blind.

Maybe I can just get nose eyes and the fat graft when I go. Then consult about the jaw / chin too and come back if I need do DJ, like next year. That way I will heal and I can see my look maybe I will be happy enough and not do the jaw. Also could get a revision and the second fat graft at the same time if I needed it.

yea you should get braces, metal ones imo as invisalign dont do nothing. teeth shaving is bad, removing enamal is not ideal imo as that wears out with age anyways better have more of it for later although it's surgically fine just my prference.

you have a long chin, and double jaw surgery could fix that. alternatively you can just reduce the chin size with a genioplasty. that owrks too,

Hi @Chinnie you have what I had (see images) and I think chin shaving would correct your strong chin like I had with sonopet, an ultrasonic knife. No postop pain or swelling with immediate results. I paid £3k on top of my rhino to add chin reduction sonopet. Look into who does sonopet in your area. Then fat graft to soften and add volume to your face like I did if you like but the chin shaving is what is most needed for now.

Based on your picture and smile you need twojaw surgery. I have almost the same face shape as you and doing it soon