BeautyHacker

I was botched in Korea and I had revision in the US

Some of you might remember me. I had zygoma reduction in a very prominent and reputable surgery in Korea. The surgeon in Korea left me with floating bones that shifted downards and everything sagged. This surgery in Korea literally aged me 15 years. After all this nightmare, I had revision in the US. I am attaching before and after images of my CAT scan. Hopefully, other people in my situation will feel more hopeful about a resolution.

I am sorry, but I will NEVER go to Korea for surgery. In these years, I have talked to literally hundreds of patients who had surgery and I also consulted dozens of surgeons in the US and in Korea. Korean doctors are just not as meticulous as US surgeons. Of course, there are bad surgeons in the US too, I know that, but, the Korean doctors just don't go through the same intensive training American doctors go through. Not to mention all these clinic in Korea show amazing before and after pictures, but they are photoshopped. I met in real life some people and in real life they look NOTHING like the before and after picture.s

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you share which reputable hospital you been to and which surgeon did for you? This is so that we call can avoid

You mean the surgeon who botched me or the surgeon who fixed me? Let's put it this way. I would never, ever, ever go to Korea for surgery anymore. Plus, I work with Japanese, Chinese, Koreans (in a different field) and Koreans are the worst. They do not understand the limitations they have. I also have repeatedly shared the surgeon's name

You seem very selfish, actually. I shared a long post, a painful experience, I put the before and after images and instead of focusing on that or showing your gratitude, all you cared is about yourself so you can avoid the clinic that botched me? Seriously?

YOU seem selfish actually. People with bad experiences usually post to help others not make the same mistake but all you seem to want is sympathy from random strangers on the internet. I am truly sorry for your awful experience, I honestly can’t begin to imagine the pain and immense suffering you have gone through but there is no need to be so vindictive and spiteful towards someone who asked quite POLITELY about where you had your surgery. And why exactly should she be grateful to you when your advice is “avoid all surgery in Korea”?

Excuse yourself. Check my post history. I have helped people to avoid my mistake. I have clearly stated where I had surgery. I have been contacted privately by dozens of individuals. How dare you. How dare you tell me I am the selfish one, seriously! Wow! I do not seek sympathy from strangers, I am here to raise awareness. I am here to hope people don't make my mistake. I can speak with AUTHORITY here, ok? Because you have no idea how many people I have seen and how many docs I have interviewed. I know what I am talking about.

I said the name of the clinic in Korea many, many, many times, but, what I find disconcerting is that the other person didn't even bother to compliment me or express any genuine feelings, all she was concerned about was that she didn't make the same mistake. HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU tell me that I am the selfish one when I spent hours replying to people. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I am glad to know that you are able to fix this.
Would you mind sharing your US plastic surgeon?

Dr Eric Payne from Houston. He is a REAL craniofacial surgeon and amazing. I saw a lot of patients in real life in his office and they looked amazing. I am so thankful I met him.

Your hard work really paid off. I remembered you emailed lotsa surgeons including Mayo Clinic.
How are you feeling now? Better?
I hope everything will go smoothly for you now. :smile:

thank you for your nice comment :heart:, yes, I am feeling better. It looks much better. I am still somewhat swollen, but, god, the difference is HUGE. Thank you again

I
Look under my name, I am completely new to this forum and have no idea who you are. I don't even know how to check your past posts. All I saw was someone who attacked someone else who didn't say anything rude or did anything wrong. Why should I be ashamed of myself for defending someone else? Now are you attacking and shouting at me, a complete stranger who has no qualm with you and even expressed their sympathy and condolences towards you. Edit: How is it not selfish to *demand* compliments or gratitude before helping someone?

• Like 1

In order to see what a forumner has posted, you can tap on the forumner's name, then a box will pop out. From there, tap onto the number e.g. 149 on "Posts" and you will be able to see the posts that the forumner has made.
Hope this helps.

By looking your attitude, you really deserve a botched job. Seriously.

What kind of attitude is this? This is Asian plastic surgery forum. You hating Korean plastic surgery is so stupid.
Go away stupid American.

You really deserved it!!!

Stop hating other people. what the hell is wrong with you???

Nobody cares about your botch job. Seriously.. cry me a river.