Jump to content
BeautyHacker

kpopkelly

Members
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

Everything posted by kpopkelly

  1. Same here. I am sure it heavily depends on the clinic and doctor involved but Korea seems to have WAY more safety measures and practices in place by law to protect patients.
  2. So for chin surgeries, it isn't always about the outside appearance. Sometimes it involves the bite. So where teeth lineup and it corrects issues with under and overbites. Some people, you can't tell much of a difference because of this.
  3. My cousin is. I will let you know how things go for her. I can't remember what clinic she had booked with but it isn't the one you mentioned. I will have to ask her. I believe she heads over there the third week of October.
  4. Yeah, that is what that means. Skin tucking, removal, etc. So basically everything that falls under this includes body lifts, tummy tucks, arm lifts, thigh lifts, and breast lifts. All designed to help fix the look, shape, and feel of the body post weight loss.
  5. It is usually called buccal lipectomy or cheek reduction surgery. But it also is part of V-line treatment too. So it depends on who you go to. I just know this cause I was looking to see what trends compare like in the US vs Korea.
  6. This is very thorough. I have bookmarked it. It helps to see the process other people have gone through to get a better idea of what to expect. I always appreciate people going into detail like this too. Thanks for sharing! I will point people to this thread if they ask about the consultation process.
  7. I think people get things confused because it is a foreign clinic. It is technically both. The thing that makes it an OMFS is that they do functional surgeries too. It isn't like it is a one or the other thing. Some plastic surgery clinics have OMFS options, others do not. Does that make sense?
  8. I am talking about legit clinics, not ghost doctors. I don't want to confuse people. I was talking to someone on Facebook and she had been in contact with a few Korean clinics. She is trying to decide on where she wants to get her surgery done. It is her first time so she is being cautious and asking lots of questions. Well, one of the clinics stopped contacting her back. I don't want to say which clinic but it is a bigger one like View Plastic Surgery. It isn't some new, small, or not well known place. They just stopped all contact with her, stopped responded to her messages, aren't returning calls or anything. Now I am wondering if this happened because she is being too indecisive and they feel she is wasting their time? Has anyone here had this happen to them?
  9. A friend of mine had to do this once and the clinic told her before she even did that her deposit is non-refundable if she cancels or changes dates.
  10. I love the music, I don't fully understand the trends. I would probably be more up to date if I traveled more and had more free time to invest into the Korean fashion scene!
  11. Oh that is a shame. I am on Instagram but I don't use it as much these days. I follow a fair bit of plastic surgeons and clinics as well as beauty trend accounts. If you look for Korean beauty trend accounts, you can probably find some that include plastic surgery pics of before and afters.
  12. Even if you became friends with a local, you won't get local prices. I have looked into this. You pay the standard costs of foreigners because the surgeries are a bit different. A lot of doctors charge more because certain facial features require more work. Korean faces have softer features.
  13. What does apgujeong aesthetic mean? Is this like Korean facial features and characteristics of the shapes of the eyes, nose, etc.? I have never heard of this before. I do agree about the filtered content. I noticed a lot of them have filters over them.
  14. I noticed some clinics only do face work while others also offer body work like breast implants and lipo. Those tend to be larger clinics that offer both but you can also find some that only focus on face or body separately. I am just curious if it is better or not to find a clinic only for face work, or if it matters. Someone I was talking to online said I should only work with facial clinics, ones that specifically focus on anti-aging for what I am after.
  15. Can I ask why she wants to look more Korean? And in what way? I know of a few clinics that might be a good match for her but I am just curious as to why someone would request such a thing. I think mixed women look beautiful, best of different worlds sort of thing.
  16. Look for reviews and feedback from real people that traveled to be there. Like people from other countries I mean. If they have a good track record for working on non-Koreans, they will have plenty of feedback and pictures to prove it.
  17. Botox is great when it comes to the non-surgical approach but you have to make sure you go to someone that understands it. I had some done in the states that was not good but later had some done in Korea and it was fantastic. Lasted almost twice as long too.
  18. Absolutely. I even tell people of this when they visit Japan, which is probably the safest place to visit at this point. I have heard of people getting taken advantage of or just outright discriminated against over there too.
  19. Yes. This is one of the big red flags. I don't think people think much about it though unfortunately. I will say that I do wish there was an app for non-Korean natives/speakers to browse feedback from clinics from people. It is hard to find anything that doesn't have poor translations.
  20. Holy cow! That sounds absolutely terrifying! I am sorry that happened to her but thank you for sharing. I know people don't like hearing about this stuff but it is better to be throughout with all doctors and clinics than risk anything like this!
  21. Just give yourself the standard recommended time off. From what I have read, that is 4 to 6 weeks. So start counting at your post-op exam before you leave Korea.
  22. I agree with this. You can't go based on them but you should use them to see completed work, especially on non-Korean patients. I have heard of people going to get work done but the doctor they went to mostly worked on Koreans so the end result was not good!
  23. I knew about the other ones but did not know about ADHD meds. I am going to have to make sure my friend knows. She is going next month and one of her kids is on Adderall. I would imagine she needs a permit or needs to get it there? Not sure. I will tell her to look into it more. Thanks for this info!!
  24. A friend of mine decided on a clinic and booked an appointment, has everything set up to get her surgery in June. Trouble is, she intended on traveling alone but her husband will not be able to take time off work and they don't have family to watch their kids. I offered but I would only be available on weekends. She will be in Korea for 12 days. They are 10 and 12. Does anyone have any tips I can relay to her with experience in going to Korea with kids?
  25. It depends on your age and how much work is needed. Sometimes, you can only do some improvement but not a complete fix. A doctor that is well experienced would be able to give you the best idea of what your options are.
×
×
  • Create New...