BeautyHacker

I was botched in Korea and I had revision in the US

I agree ☝️You can’t make a generality based on one experience or personnal experience with some asian people.. a lot of girls has been very happy about their surgeries in Korea

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I wasn’t going to say anything because I’m new here, but some of these posts are very inflammatory beyond being upset about a botched surgery. Bringing nationality and race into it is unnecessary and seems pointed.

While warning about a particular doctor or clinic is very helpful, condeming an entire nation of surgeons/people is overreaching, and those of us who want to have surgery in Korea won’t be dissuaded from it by these kinds of posts. Korea provides a specific aesthetic that works for certain people, and even as an American living in Asia, I prefer said aesthetic (and the prices). I’m not defending Korean plastic surgery as a whole, nor am I saying it’s better, but frankly, the tone of some of these posts creeps me out.

You all need to excuse yourself. This has nothing to do with racism. The educational and medical systems in certain countries are JUST different. Would you go to Belize or to Namibia to have plastic surgery? No! Not because you are a racist, simply because their education and health systems are JUST different. For the love of God, you sitting there and preaching have NO idea how many suicidal patients I have talked to. Patients who have been butchered in Korea and are suicidal. You have no idea how many doctors showed me cases of patients butchered in Korea. Seriously. I have gone to dozens of clinics in Korea and dozens of clinics in the US. There is absolutely no comparison. I do not care if you call me racist, the medical system there is just not stringent as in the US. Enough said.

Please have surgery in Korea, by all means. Seriously. It is NOT a matter of aesthetics. It is a matter of lack of proper training and lack of proper technique.

So please GET OFF THE SITE if some posts creep you out. SMH. Why read them in the first place. She is entitled to her opinion as you are to yours, OK? You are just as overreaching telling her off. This is HER STORY not yours.

Thank you for asking. The facial contour looks completely better, younger, more feminine, more natural. I am still very scared because the surgery was done recently. They used plates as you can see in the cat scan images, but I am so scared the bones will move when I yawn or when I chew. I got too scared after the surgery in Korea.

Wow.

Good luck with all of that bigotry.

We’re done.

OMG botched surgery is always a nightmare aesthetically, psychologically and financially.
I'm really sorry you had experience like that.. and it's great that you've managed to find someone to fix it.
You wrote that "I had cheekbone reduction in 2014 in one of the most reputable clinics in Korea", and you joined this forum only in 2018. How did you find the information back then which clinic was reputable? I mean I've spent some time on this forum and haven't ever seen anyone mentioned that clinic.
So maybe it's the problem of particular surgeon and clinic, which weren't professional enough, and not the whole Korean surgery industry?
I'm really curious because I'm planning my trip now for my ps in 2019, and it's really really hard to choose a reliable place, but Korean surgeons look more experienced with asian faces, especially for V line and asian rhino. So I'm confused ;/

Hilarious, people are throwing out the racist card for speaking the truth. First off, you can not sue a plastic surgeon in Korea even if gross negligence is performed. They have way less training than their USA counterparts. Dentist have become plastic surgeons after 6 months to a year of apprenticeship. Korea is the land of fast money and shoddy work in other industries so why would PS be any different. Just look at apartments or offictels and the ****ty construction done the cheapest way to make the highest profit. I live in one.. place is 2 years old and has mold growing, no insulation, leaky faucets, and so on. How did they fix the mold problem... spray some stuff on it and put new wallpaper over it.. Lipstick on a pig. Did you know Hyundai and KIA have to make their cars more reliable and more safety features for the USA. They sell the same car to Koreans in Korea with cheaper materials and safety at a higher price bc they can get away with it.

I'm sure there are some great Korean surgeons but I would not risk it. I deal with Asians from all over other countries in my business and Koreans on average are the more arrogant and overconfident of them all by a long shot. They are always the victims. I'm married to a Korean before you call me a racist. If you decide to have surgery in Korea, research for months and months and see results of the actual human in person, not in their infamous photoshop pictures lining the subways to make you feel ugly and insecure.

So weird..

But I think you are right about a point
Waiting for real humans results rather than being cheated by fake pictures. That’s what I’m doing..I’m waiting for a girl results (hoping she will share with me) before doing any deposit for the clinic I’m considering. I want to be sure of my choice and I’m ressearching since 6 month, still waiting for girls results tho.

What's weird. I read this post and decided to give my input as someone thaty lives in the country for 10 years. Let me guess, youve been to korea for 3 weeks and stayed in the most affluent area and think it's rainbows and gumdrops all the time.

Yes, my screen name is tongue in cheek. I'm just so sick and tired of the racist word being thrown around if you criticize anybody or country not the same ethnicity as you.