BeautyHacker

Banobagi Clinic Concerns

So I'm planning to get cosmetic surgery at banobagi next year (facial contouring, rhinoplasty, eyes) however with the research that I've done there are so many mixed reviews that I'm really confused. For example the youtube videos that patients from the clinic uploaded seem great but idk if I can trust them since they're sponsored, most of the reviews I've read were fine but I also read on one thread that they were blacklisted and from some other person that someone died and another person's surgery was botched(they could just be rumours but i'm not sure) although I can't seem to find any negative news articles on banobagi idk what to think and I'm scared but this clinic looks really good. Can anyone tell me their experiences/opinions? I really need it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my nose and eyes done at Banobagi in late November 2016. I noticed straightaway there was a problem with my nose as I felt a lot of pressure and told Dr and he said it will go away. Before surgery, I had 2 consultations with Dr and told him I wanted my nose soft after surgery, and he reassured me it will. I notified them after 1 year of waiting for it to get soft that my nose is till very hard and there is a lot of pressure near the nose tip, ever since post op. I waited for another year for it to get soft and finally decided I can’t stand it anymore and will return for revision for a softer nose, only for them to reply that warranty is only 1 year which I was not notified. It’s also my fault not reading the contract before signing it on the day of surgery. Yet, the contract does say if any issues arise within 1 year, they can do revision once free of charge at a suitable time. My issue clearly arised within the first year and now is a suitable time for me to do revision. Had they told me that warranty was only 1 year I would have went last year when I told them about my issue. Now they’re just not taking responsibility and told me if I wanted a soft nose like natural people I shouldn’t have had my nose done. Like I went with it because Dr reassured me it will be soft and promised for a free revision. Had he not done so I wouldn’t have had my nose done. Now if I want them to fix the hardness and the uncomfortableness, I have to pay them which doesn’t make sense at all. I’m already paying for my flight tickets just to go to Korea for them to fix the issue which shouldn’t have existed. Very disappointed. Not to mention one side of my eyelids feel very heavy.

I went to Banobagi and had Dr. hyuntaek do my rhinoplasty and alar reduction just September 18 of this year and I love how mine turned out. I, on the other hand actually READ and ASKED the translator what I was signing about before the operation took place & I definitely heard Devon say that “after the surgery, give it atleast 3-6 months post op for the swelling to go down, and if there’s something you don’t like at all, please let us know and we will fix it free of charge, but it’s good for 1 year only.” And I remember asking if that 1 year includes the 3-6 months of deswelling? And she said “Yes, that’s including the 3-6 months deswelling period” so it’s really 6-9 months of warranty lol but either way, atleast there’s a warranty, not like here in the US lol. The first week post op, even though I looked like a mess, I already felt very happy because my nose bridge was higher than ever and my nose didn’t bleed abnormally post op and I honestly didn’t feel pain. Right after the operation, I even walked to get fried chicken at the convenience store located behind the guesthouse (I wore a mask of ofcourse). Just a heads up, you’ll read a lot of blacklisted clinics and have a bad impression at first, I know, because that’s how I felt when I read them on some of the posts here, but when I replied to that girl that posted her “blacklist” she said it’s cuz the Dr didn’t take his time with her ‍♀️.. which for me is a dumb excuse . I went with what I felt at the time and that’s to trust my gut instead of letting these negativity get to my head and have regrets afterwards, because at the end of the day, it’s your own face and money. For me, I’m definitely a Banobagi fan and I’m already planning my trip to fly and visit them 2019 for a genioplasty next. I know that they are pricey as mentioned above, but I always go on their website monthly to check for promotions they give out. They’re having a FC promo for 30% off til end of feb and that’s with their head FC Dr, they’re also having rhino for 25% off. when I went for my rhinoplasty, they were running a 30% off for July and so I only paid $3960 for rhino + alar reduction. Like I said, I did my OWN research and only took this forum and its posts with a grain of salt, at the end of the day, I went with what I felt was right at the moment and went with it, it’s risky but that goes for all experiences for any kind of plastic surgery. So, Goodluck shopping & I hope your surgery goes well with which ever clinic you go to!

Their promo for fc is wirh Dr Park not dr Oh who is main FC doctor i think

Oh I saw the picture of his face and automatically thought that was Dr. Oh hahaa. But either way, I’ve heard good stories about banobagi for fc, my friend that I met from here and kakaotalk, he end up not going to banobagi because of the timing and his scheduling but he said it’s definitely his top choice and still would recommend them.

The Indonesian girl and her mother in-law that I became friends with while staying at the banobagi guesthouse told me they ended up choosing banobagi because of the discounts online too, she told me she just sent them an email or messaged them & sent in a deposit before the deadline of the promo. I went through DocfinderKorea, they give you 5 clinics they manage or prefer for you to go to, but they dont tell you if any of the clinics are having a promo at all (kinda disheartening in my opinion because you trust them to give u a good deal going with them but you really dont, but other than that part, my experience with them was fine.). Good thing I still researched on my own and always visited the clinics’ websites they gave me to choose from and I ran into Banobagi’s July promo for 30%. So I emailed DFK ASAP and asked them if i chooseBanobagi will the promo still work or should I just go with banobagi instead of using DFK and they said promo is included too.

You’re welcome! But like I said, still do your research. If you haven’t reached out to DFK, try to message Banobagi first on Facebook and ask about the discounts and perks that goes with it. Go to the websites and always check for new updates. ^_^

I actually visited there to consult for my nose and man..it was the worst experience EVER! I guess the doctor who I sat with is the head surgeon there, and he looked very tired and wasn't even trying to listen what I wanted to say. And after that, the consultant gave me some crazy numbers for a quotation...and I asked her why it's so expensive, and she said if I know any cheaper clinic, I can go there. WTF?!? so rude... I left without even saying goodbye lol

Wow. I’m sorry for your negative experience, wether it’s from Banobagi or a different clinic, I would’ve hated to feel that way if I was getting a consultation for my face too.. but I honestly can’t believe that’s how they treated you because my experience with them was totally the opposite. Even when I was almost 20mins late for my 2nd appointment post op for the light thing, they were accommodating and nice. But as for the prices, I already knew Banobagi were a lot more expensive than the other clinics so I wasn’t surprised at all if they gave you a high price, I’m not sure if you did your research first before going to them that’s why you were surprised? but I do agree that the consultant shouldn’t have been passive aggressive about it either way. It sucks to read negative things about Banobagi because of my positive experience with them, it’s shocking and unbelievable but then again, to each her own and I know that no clinic is perfect. Btw It’s good to post up negative and positive reviews on Realself website too so future patients can also see others experiences. That’s where I looked up clinics and real reviews since purseforum isn’t as reliable as it may seem. Where did you end up going btw?

Yes, I agree with what you say how people have different experiences with the clinic. I also did my research on Banobagi and I kind of knew that they were expensive, but I was surprised with the fact that they would charge that much for the primary surgery. But if you had a good experience with them, lucky for you :smile: For me, it wasn't a pleasant experience...especially with the consultant. I ended up going to Faceline because one of of my friends also went there and they welcomed me lol.