BeautyHacker

Paying deposit to get discount

Hi everyone. I am travelling to korea soon for my first surgery. After contacting some clinics for now my online consultation, I realised that some clinics offer significant discount off their quoted price if i were to fix an appointment now and pay a deposit. Is it advisable to do so? Will i have to pay much higher fees if i were to walk in? Is the "usual" procedure to have an online consultation, book a face to face consultation, then schedule for surgery?

My schedule will be pretty tight in Korea, wondering if its possible to have a face to face consultation on my first day there, and do my surgery (eyebag) possibly the next day or day after? Thanks!

On 11/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, tosmua said:

Hi everyone. I am travelling to korea soon for my first surgery. After contacting some clinics for now my online consultation, I realised that some clinics offer significant discount off their quoted price if i were to fix an appointment now and pay a deposit. Is it advisable to do so? Will i have to pay much higher fees if i were to walk in? Is the "usual" procedure to have an online consultation, book a face to face consultation, then schedule for surgery?

My schedule will be pretty tight in Korea, wondering if its possible to have a face to face consultation on my first day there, and do my surgery (eyebag) possibly the next day or day after? Thanks!

i highly do not suggest placing a deposit, prior to an actual face-to-face consult with the doctor. you lose your bargaining power once you place a deposit (since the clinic already has you locked in). clinics often offer a further discount (off the price they quoted you online) after you visit them in person. you will also have significantly more bargaining power if you do not place a deposit (as they know they have not locked you in). 

process-wise, yes you should schedule a face-to-face consult with the doctor (and not consultant) before deciding if you want to go ahead with the surgery. clinics often are willing to make arrangements for foreigners (by re-scheduling local patients) if you inform them of your tight schedule in korea. 

all the best for your consultations and surgery!

On 11/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, somedayskiesareblue said:

i highly do not suggest placing a deposit, prior to an actual face-to-face consult with the doctor. you lose your bargaining power once you place a deposit (since the clinic already has you locked in). clinics often offer a further discount (off the price they quoted you online) after you visit them in person. you will also have significantly more bargaining power if you do not place a deposit (as they know they have not locked you in). 

process-wise, yes you should schedule a face-to-face consult with the doctor (and not consultant) before deciding if you want to go ahead with the surgery. clinics often are willing to make arrangements for foreigners (by re-scheduling local patients) if you inform them of your tight schedule in korea. 

all the best for your consultations and surgery!

Thank you so much for your detailed advise! that is really helpful. shall make an appointment for face-to-face consultation and take it from there. thanks!