BeautyHacker

Vline + Zygoma at EUDental

Hi! Yes I’m 3 weeks today, I left Korea on day 8 after the surgery.
I think my swelling is slowly going down, 2/10 now?. It’s slower than the first 2 weeks, but beside those close to me/see me everyday, other people who haven’t seen me in a while don’t really know that I’m swelling. Maybe I just look like I just gained a few kg. It’s Lunar new year and I meet a lot of people, but no one asked.
I’m beginning to feel more comfortable in my daily activities. I can fit 2 fingers in my mouth now. I still avoid eating meat (pork & beef)/anything hard or chewy. I eat rice and noodles normally, ground meat, thin sliced meat & chicken is ok for me to chew now. My diet is almost back to normal.
Still have to be extra careful with my cheekbone area & my face in general.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome to hear. Are you liking your results visually so far? Do you have all sensation back in your face?

I'm planning to go in late March, early April for consultations and surgeries. I'm not comfortable booking with any particular clinic until I've consulted with a few in person before making my decision. This means I can't lock down a surgery date before going on my trip. You basically solved this by doing two separate trips - one for consultations and another one a few months later for the actual surgery but I don't think I can do that. Did you deliberately plan that due to limited availability of surgery dates? Basically, I'm wondering if I'll be able to book my surgeries shortly after the consultations in one trip or if the best surgeons are booked months in advance.

Hope you’re loving your results so far! :biggrin: How was it flying back especially so soon? (Cabin pressure, swelling, bleeding - I’m assuming you flew) I have been told by many that a 2 week stay is most recommended.

Hi! Thank you! So far I like it, even though I still look a bit swollen, but I can already see the improvements at my chin & cheekbone. I have all the sensation in my face, I'm not sure if I should say "back" because I think I didn't experience numbness from the beginning, maybe just a little bit on my lips the first few days but I still could feel it. I also think you shouldn't put down your deposit before actually talking to the doctor or have a look at the clinic, see how you feel. At first I wanted to go in 1 trip too, but then I heard that January is the most busy season of the year and realized that I'd also be short on recovery time too (I had 2 weeks sharp to recover before Lunar new year come and I have to meet all the relatives). It was not a too long flight to Korea so I decided to make 2 separate trip. However I think April might be less busy. I read elsewhere that busy season are when Korean students have their summer & winter break. Also, I think that good doctors are busy and fully booked but not for months in advance. There might still be some slots in the week. I've seen many patients doing it in 1 trip so I think you should be okay, maybe have to wait a few days - though it's just my thoughts :biggrin:

Thank you! The result is not final yet with the residual swelling but I can see the improvement and yes I'm happy so far. Just getting a little impatient with the swelling :biggrin: Flying back was ok for me, it was a 5-hour flight and I slept most of the flight time, even before the plane took off. I was afraid that the pressure when the plane lands might hurt but I didn't feel any different than any other flight. I also didn't see any increase in terms of swelling and I experienced no bleeding. That night I did feel a bit more tired and uncomfortable than any previous days - not sure if it was the flying or the weather in my country. But the next morning I woke up feeling normal. Anyway, I've also heard stories of people feeling uncomfortable/bleed during their flight. I think you should be very cautious, ask your doctor and listen to yourself. I felt very normal & healthy, that's why I left earlier. If I didn't feel well physically or mentally, I would have stayed as long as I needed.

Sure! I stayed at TOP hotel residences Insadong. It was not in Gangnam area but is on the same line (line 3/orange) with the clinic, lots of bus lines nearby too. It has a large fridge with freezer, stove top, kitchen utensils etc that was extremely helpful for my recovery.

1 month update: (I did my surgeries on Jan 7, so if I count the days it's not 1 month yet, but it's 4 weeks already?lol)

1. Diet: I'm almost back to my normal diet. I can eat mostly anything now, even meat. I still avoid eating ribs, steak or squid (too chewy), but ground meat, thinly sliced meat, chicken, stew meat are easy to eat for me now. My local Oral surgeon also said that I shouldn't feel scared to open my mouth wider than I can, so anything that's too big I try to squeeze it in instead of cutting it small - so I can practice my jaw. I used to eat very quickly, after the surgery I was slow like a sloth, but now I can catch up with normal people's eating speed. Just need to get back to my speed :biggrin:
  2. Swelling: As I expected, the residual swelling is going down veeerryy slowly now. It's still 1~2/10 swelling, not too significant, but definitely still there. I don't know what to do to reduce it, but it seems like all I can do is be patient and wait T_T
  3. Results: I can see that my face shape is improved, smaller but still very natural. I don't tell anyone beside my mom and sister about the surgeries. Other people who don't know is not suspicious at all. I told them the swelling is because I got my wisdom teeth removed. My friends say that my face look younger (they thought it was because of the swelling that makes me look like a baby - but NO hahahaa it's the reduced cheekbone - anyway they don't need to know :biggrin:) I can't wait until the swelling go away for the final results.
  4. Daily activities: I'm more comfortable with my daily activities now, but I still don't run/go to the gym. It feels like any unattached tissue may drop if I excercise. I prefer laying down and let gravity does its work :biggrin: I can firmly massage my face when applying skincare products or cleanse my face now. Before I was scared I might break something so I just gently pat pat, but now I just massage all the way. Still haven't go to facial spa yet, I trust myself to do it but don't really feel comfortable letting others touching it now.
  5. Other: Another problem with me is when I smile, my lip wouldn't make a moon/banana shape like this :smile:. Instead it's more like this :\ (not that bad, but you know what I mean - not a perfect smile shape). Now I can smile like that :smile: emoji now, making a complete symmetrical banana hehe. This was not at all expected, but it's after the surgeries so I think it has something to do with the chin?

Hi! I was able to negotiate the price with them, however if you agree to share photos I believe there will be a bigger discount. I saw a lot of people shared a good offer if they agreed to sharing photos. I didn't agree to share my photos but I find their price reasonable compared to other places & with 1 night stay and other services.
Also, I liked that the negotiated price still included tax and I could get tax refund at the airport. I prefer this compared to just getting 10% off by paying cash with no tax refund like some other places offered - it felt like I'd be doing it illegally without the government's acknowledge and if anything went wrong there wouldn't be documentations.

• 4 weeks later...
Scratch the second question, I saw your comments on other threads on your consultations.

haha yes, I was very indecisive when choosing where to go to. But here is the main reason why I chose EU if you didn't see it. also another thing is I got an impression thru some group chats that EU is pushy and don't care about what you need, I think it's not true. At first he told me I didn't really need vline, just zygoma reduction would naturally smoothen my face line, unless I aim for perfection. I insisted to do vline.
PMed you the price.

Hello, for the third time. Could you kindly PM me the price. I would like to know how much I have to save. I think I asked like three times already on this thread. :sad::sad::sad:. I kind of want to know so I can tell if I'm getting overcharged or not during consults.