BeautyHacker

Vline + Zygoma at EUDental

maybe I inserted the wrong way. https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1025739-eu-dental-or-tfd/#post-33674453

Sorry i totally missed your replies.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gmcnm19, do you speak Korean? I don't but I do speak English, so I'm wondering how to navigate setting up consultations and getting prices from EU Dental with the language barrier. If I call them, can I use English to get through the conversation?

I don’t speak Korean at all. I used English to communicate with them. Their English was good. There was no misunderstanding for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Zygoma + Vline 3 month post op update (op date Jan 7 2020):

Eating: I can eat anything and everything now. Actually I started eating normally since 2 month post op, but now I can comfortably open my mouth very wide for bigger bites, can chew chewy food like beef tendon or pork ribs,... My jaw felt tight during the first months but it gradually got back to normal and I actually didn't realize when did I start opening my mouth wide again. Just know that now at 3 months mark, my jaw could function almost like before the surgery.

Healing & daily activities: I feel like my jaw and chin area (Vline) are completely normal now. However, it's true that zygoma surgery takes longer to completely heal. I don't feel anything too uncomfortable anymore, but I'm just naturally more protective of my cheekbone area (front and side - especially the side cheekbone because I saw that it's very thin and small. I'm afraid I might break it). Anyway, nothing really affects my daily activities anymore. I can exercise, I can sleep on my side. I also went to facial spa and didn't tell them I did any surgery. I was very scared that they might hurt me but it was ok :smile: the only thing I still refrain from doing is running & skipping rope. I never tried and don't plan to, mostly because I'm afraid it might cause sagging? I'm not sure the science behind all of this but I want my tissues to have more time to stick back to my bone before I do anything that may make it drop. LOL.

Sagging: At this point, I still haven't experienced any sagging, but it may be too early to tell as many people said that sagging only appears after at least 1 year. My skin now is still like it was before the surgery. (BTW I have normal skin type but my skin post op was SUPER oily for 2 weeks. I was so afraid that my skin was changed forever and become oily skin type, but after 2 weeks, I was back to normal-dry skin). Right now I'm having a bit of double chin when I look down, but I also gained 4 kg since the surgery and everytime I gain weight my double chin shows so I'm not sure if it's sagging or if it's the weight gain. I'm back on my diet now and will keep you updated of the double chin situation after a few more months as I lose my weight.

Swelling: My swelling is almost fully gone now. I look like a normal person, don't have to explain to anyone that I just got my wisdom teeth removed etc. I still feel a little swollen on my right cheek, but just a little bit. People say that swelling will keep decreasing until 6M, I can't wait~

How I like my result: Right now, I like it very much. I don't look too different from before the surgery, but my face structure isobviously improved with the reduced cheekbone & jaw. I don't look like I just went through plastic surgery. Still very natural. When I take selfie, I don't have to take it from a certain angle to look good anymore. I can just lie down, take a selfie from flat above and still have a small face. Also, my friend thought I had a nose job because with the reduced cheekbone, my nose seems higher.

Other things:
1. When you couldn't eat properly for a long time, you tend to eat a lot when your jaw is strong again (or at least I do). Be careful T_T. I always use "testing my jaw" as an excuse, now I gained 4 kg and regret this so much
2. As I mentioned from the first post, this is just my experience. It's different for each person so just because my recovery process was easy doesn't guarantee that yours will be. In my opinion always take bad experience seriously so you can expect for the worst, don't count on good reviews only and have a false expectation.
3. Choose your doctor wisely. I had to wait for a while before saying this because I want to see my results first, but at this point I think it's safe to say I made a right choice in terms of doctor and clinic. From the fast deswelling to no sensation loss to the huge change yet still very natural, I think it says very much about the doctor's skills. I stay in contact with another person who did her surgery before mine at the same clinic with the same doctor, we both agreed that our doctor is skillful but we should just cheer silently because people just assume out of nowhere that good experience = promoter. Anyway just choose carefully. Unexperienced doctors are everywhere, but so are experienced ones - you just have to find them ^^. And please DON'T CHOOSE MY DOCTOR JUST BECAUSE OF MY REVIEW. Do your own research.

Glad it was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
A little observation: As I did my BA and went to GA again last week, I realized that the GA at EU was quite high quality (?). I breathed in 2 times and fell asleep immediately. When I did my BA, I breathed in for about 10 times and could feel a little headache at the back of my head before falling asleep. Not sure if this means anything, but I obviously prefered going under GA quickly without any worry.

Yes I saw your post and learned that the GA is breathed in thru a mask not injected in and I was like *phewwwwww.

4 month a few days ago and I'm seeing an old good friend today. We haven't seen each other since last year (6 months before my surgery). Can't wait to see if he's gonna notice anything.