BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Actually that would make the calves bigger due to muscle building

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, you mention going in September, have you booked an appointment with Dr Jong as yet... where will you be travelling from?

Hi! Just went to Dr. Park this past month. I'm going on post 6 weeks now. I would recommend Dr. Park at the OZ clinic to anyone as he has done a great job.
My question for you, ChenL, is: did you experience any limping after your surgery? I don't mean limping from pain, but from slight weakness. And for anyone worried, it's not a very pronounced limp, but very subtle. I am experiencing this subtle limp and am wondering if anyone else has gone through this: and if so, how long did it last?

I'm sorry to anyone who tried to contact me before or during my time in Korea, but I couldn't get into my email account abroad (thanks gmail), and going through everything, I just didn't log into this account. However, if anyone has questions, I'd be happy to try and answer.

Anyone going to Korea, just know that a possible better place to stay rather than Yong Dong hotel is the Ephphatha hotel. It is literally down the street walking distance to the clinic about 1-2 minutes walk (about 5 minutes post surgery). I'm glad that the time I needed to stay at Yong Dong was booked, and so, I found this better and cheaper alternative. The best rooms are priced at about 70-75 dollars, and the cheapest is about 45-50 dollars. The better rooms have a washing machine in there (they will provide you with detergent), but every floor has a communal washing machine to use in case your room doesn't have a washer. Also, walk behind the hotel a little and you have a 7-11. They can also call food deliveries for you or you can go to several restaurants and cafes nearby. There is also a Burger King you can walk to or call for delivery. They are used to people coming for surgeries as I saw numerous Chinese girls there with full on face bandages. Also, super close to both line 3 and 7 subway lines. Those two lines will get you to all tourist locations as well. Line 7 pretty much right near the clinic and line 3 is about same distance away from the hotel but in the opposite direction. Anyways, that's my little tips. Hope that helps someone.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the hotel has a communal kitchen on each floor for everyone on that floor. All rooms have a refrigerator, and the better rooms have a microwave in them.

I can't help posting again, 9 months after my surgery with Dr. Park. For some of the girls who ask questions here, if you go through all the notes before, you will find pretty much all the answers you need. If you are desperate enough, spending a few days on previous posts is really nothing. For those who still have questions, I can offer my 2 cents here. It's been 9 months since i did my surgery, and i have never been happier. My calves are so much smaller and I'm finally having the confidence to wear shorts and dresses, which i never did before the operation. Only disadvantage is my scars are still red, but already much much better than right after surgery. i believe in a few years they won't be visible. Now i wear stockings when i put on a dress or shorts. But other than that, i only have good things to say. I do sports fine and i'm very happy with the shape. Thank you OZ and thank you Dr. Park. It's a whole new life.

@ lu1u

Hi there! So glad to hear you are doing well, and its awesome you found another hotel. Now, new patients to Oz clinic can have more options.
About the slight limp, I experienced that when I didn't stretched long and well enough and rushed through it. I'm 3 1/2 months post-op and there is no limping, except in the early morning when I wake up. After I walk it off or stretched for a minute or so, no limping.
I tried wearing booties, no stockings, and a dress out the other weekend. I had to quickly bandaged my calves up when I got home. Dancing for 4 hours with no stockings and on heels; I was sore for a day or two.
Dr. Park did an amazing job, yes I'm wearing skirts and dresses now. I was a around 36 cm, now I'm usually a 33. Made a big difference, I'm hoping to live bandage-free in 6 months or so.

KIT;)

@ChenL
Hi, thanks for responding! I think we might experience different types of limping. I'm doing my stretching properly, although, admittedly not as much as I did the first month. It seems like when I'm home or in places with level flooring, I'm ok. The minute I'm outside or with rough flooring, I seem to have this subtle limp. My mom says it's not noticeable until I point it out, and even so, it is very subtle. I'm just kind of wondering if that's from slight weakness still and if working out the legs, like walking more, will help that out? Also, how long did the swelling last for you? I'm 6 weeks, and although it's much better from the beginning, the legs are still slightly swollen. I'm thinking it might be completely inflammation free in about another 2-3 weeks (hopefully!). I do experience bruise like pain when you press down on the leg, mainly from the knees to the foot. Not at all painful as to debilitate me, but kind of like a bruise at its end stage. Did you experience anything like those?
I'm happy to hear you took your new calves out for dancing! How exciting! Glad to hear you're doing so well...and yes, let's kit. ��

@kiki
Hi! Happy to see you're still posting. I read your posts a couple of times before surgery, and once more afterwards. I'm not gonna lie, I remember reading about your swelling, but I can't remember if you mentioned how long it lasted. I know it must be annoying if you have to keep repeating yourself, but is it possible for you to tell me how long your swelling lasted? Did you experience any bruise like pain (not at all that painful) similar to the one I mentioned in the above post?
I'm seriously envious that you're at your 9th month. I'm at that stage where I'm counting down the timeline of getting to live bandage/swelling free. :smile: thanks for all the posts of your experience!

Hi LU1u, to be honest i don't remember how long the swelling lasted. It wasn't too long. To put on bandage everyday was a pain but at least it was winter for me so it was easy to conceal. I don't remember too much pain at all..which is good. I think i'm just lucky-i never had fluid, and pain and swelling only lasted a very short period of time. maybe a few weeks i think. I measure myself everyday and i think i'm finally bandage free. i still wear the stockings from Dr. Park - since i have scars to hide anyways. But other that other, there's nothing i can complain about. Good luck to you and be patient! it will be over soon.

Hi! I actually found them on Airbnb. When I originally booked, I didn't know exactly where they were located at because I needed exact dates and most places were booked for the dates already. I was fortunate enough to get dates needed with place super close by. Like I said, I didn't know where they were. When I went to go to the clinic, I thought I might have to take a taxi, but instead, I got up early, grabbed a map, and went to a cafe. When I looked at the map, I realized it wasn't that far off, and lo and behold, it turned out to be down the street. I think you can book from anywhere, though, as I've seen them on Expedia.
You can take a limousine bus from the airport (#6009- cost 16,000 won or roughly 16 dollars) which will drop you off across the street from the hotel (I forget what the stop is called, but the hotel can give you all the information needed). In fact, you will see a Citibank across the street, and if you go up a slight hill from Citibank you will clearly see Ephphatha hotel on your right side. It's not a huge steep hill so no need to worry about it. Now, walking to the clinic, when you leave the hotel from the lobby, you will go down the same hill, and at the bottom, you go to your left. You keep walking until you see a beauty/makeup store called, Olive Young. Right behind Olive Young is the clinic on the 6th floor.
As for walking post op, I would say you'll be fine. I did it, and from what I hear, many people went sightseeing the next day-- so walking down the street from the hotel shouldn't be an issue. Just take it slow. You can not take a taxi because it's so close by that no taxi driver will do it unless he plans on making money off you by driving around the block a few times.
I don't know if you're going to go by yourself, but I did, and I was fine. It is nice, though, if someone else is with you for support.
Good luck with everything, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• 1 month later...
Hello. I really want to get this surgery, but can't decide whether to get it done with Dr. Park or Dr. Jong. I currently live in Korea so going with Dr. Park would be convenient. I hope someone can help me with my decision. My calves are thick all the way down to my ankles, and the outer muscle sticks out, giving my leg the shape of a banana. lol. I hope that's a good description. I read that Dr. Jong works on another muscle (sol) that Dr. Park won't touch. I'm wondering if I should go with Dr. Jong because my whole leg is muscular. I would appreciate any input. Thanks! Oh, I almost forgot. I have had radio frequency, botox, and lipo. My calves are still huge. Lipo helped with fat removal, but botox and radio frequency was a total waste of money.