BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post-Op Day 10 **final Dr.Visit**
Its my last day in Korea, final visit with Dr. Park, RN Ami, and RN Susan. These three played a very important and helpful part in my surgery, recovery. Being alone in Korea for a major surgery, they sure made my worries lessen each day. I will miss this team, very family like and genuine. Communication was smooth with them too, they spoke english quite well. We did another fluid aspiration, my left leg didnt have much fluid, but my right leg had 6cc of fluid. They sent me home with few medical syringe and medical stocking for the calves.
I can't believe this journey has ended for me in Korea, I felt very well taken care of and safe @ Young Dong Hotel and Oz Clinic. YD Hotel calls every night once to ask if I need a ride to Clinic tomorrow and its free (saves $10/a day for me). After staying there for 13 days, I noticed everyone is very kind and attentive to their guests. Brought me a humidifier just because, brought me an umbrella in the rain, Left enough pillows for my legs. "Outside" Room service menu was delicious and affordable, prompt, and kind service. I tipped him 1,000 won each time. They do not expect tip, but I just am thankful for the delivered delicious food especially when in recovery. After my full 13 days here, I must say, Dr. Park knows his hotel and Young Dong was a great choice for his patients. I also highly recommend Dr. Park and Oz Clinic, he didn't waste my time with non sense from the very beginning. Very informative, descriptive, and thorough information. His pricing are listed on his website, his consultation with me was on my calves and not about other parts of my body that may not be perfect. The past two weeks he never once pushed another surgery on me; just only encouraged me and spent more time with me on recovery: Stretching correctly.
Results?? I came in with Left Calf @ 36.7; now @ 33.5 and Right Calf @ 37.3; now still most swollen and @ 34. Its the smallest I've ever measured my calves. I'm super excited and am thankful for Oz Clinic's professionalism and continued support in my recovery.
I also met amazing forum members Skylights and KN16502 at Oz Clinic and they both had their calves procedure done too. Its such a nice feeling, to know I was not alone.
I feel very fortunate to have found and chose Oz Clinic and Dr. Park. I feel positive in my recovery, and will keep in touch Dr. Park to keep him updated in my recovery.
I'm on the airplane now, I made it through check in, security, duty free shopping on my own. I didn't need a wheelchair, according to Dr. Park. He was right. I just needed to stretch alot and walk slowly. Korean airport employees were also very kind the whole way, knowing I had surgery, the United Airlines rep even checked in a small luggage for free for me so I can walk easier. Another employee walked my backpack in the airplane for me. They are most kind. I plan to come back to Korea for tours. I havent seen enough of Korea this trip, but its enough to make a girl wants to come back often. i
Thanks for everyone's time. I wish everyone a wonderful year. I will continue to post Post-ops couple months down the road instead of daily:smile:. I do expect to walk normally within 2 months post op and back to normal activities like running walking: 6 months to 12 months.
Take good care everyone!! :smile:

Some of the girls emailed me and I thought I'll just share my experience here with everyone. I'm 6 months post-op. All good so far...except the incision still red and scars visible but Dr Park said they will disappear as time goes by. I'm 34 cm on both legs from 38 and 39 cm before surgery. All good, i can run and jump and swim no problem. I just ran 4 km on the tread mill. I feel like there's no need to wear bandages anymore but I'll follow Dr Park's advice and wear them as long as i can. Finally i'm able to wear boots and skinny jeans. Best thing i did in my life!...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi ChenL,

Thank you for the details of the recovery post operation, it is really helpful. May I know how is recovery for you now? I am intending to go korea for calf reduction next month alone. I am really scared now.

I am wondering, how does the bandages that you need to wear post op look like? Do we have to wear it 24/7 and for how long? I am concerned as I have to return to work after 2 weeks and I am normally in pencil skirts. And I wish to be in skirts as soon as possible, so can the bandages only be worn at night, say maybe after 1 month post op? If I have to wear bandages for 1-2 years post op, it sounds like too long a recovery period for me. I don't exactly have big bulky muscles to begin with, only mild hypertrophy of the calves which measures 34cm now. I just want it straighter looking.

I hope you can provide some insights to my questions. Thank you so much for any feedbacks. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
@ LOTSAJUNKIE,

Hello there and I apologize for the delayed reply.

Today is 2 months post op for me. I bought a cotton bandage to wrap, because the other type itches too much. I massage my calves daily with lotion, wrap them, and elevate the legs to ease the swelling. I've been doing this the past two months.
I understand your concerns with bandaging long term. It is what it is, doctor recommended at least 6-12 months of constant bandaging (24/7). However, I've taken the bandage off a few hours to attend a party a few times. As long as you are constantly wrapping and massaging your calves daily, a few hours off won't hurt here and there. I would check with Dr. Park to be sure though.
You should also contact Dr.Park and question him what is your ideal calves circumference; because everyone is different. Ex: I wished he could make mines 31/32 cm, but he said my ideal was 33cm. That's where I'm at right now.
Hopes that helps. Have a good weekend! Let me know if you have more concerns:smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Black Caviar,

I have been following your journey with Dr. Liu and the selective calf nerve ablation. I am having a consult with him and would love to be in touch with you about your experience with this procedure. Is there any way I could have your email?

Thanks!

Emily

Hey Black Caviar,

for some reason I am unable to. Can I have your email? That may be easier so we don't have to log in to this forum : )

Thanks so much!

Emily

Hi Guys!

I'm considering going with Dr. Jong in Taiwan, and I've backtracked quite a bit but can't find his exact pricing and his website. Does anyone happen to just have them? Thanks!