BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

wondering why you backed out with dr park d/t consequences of surgery but is considering dr jong?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those who had surgery with dr jong in taipei, which hotel did you stay in? do you recommend it? did you get a discount for being a patient? how did you get to and from the clinic?

That's so great to hear from someone that just had the procedure done. I hope everything is going well. I will be there in exactly a week. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Im sorry to hear your trouble in stretching. Is there any advice you would give at all actually? Im sorry it cant the other way around lol but i hope it is getting easier.

Hey yllom, definitely bring reading material/laptop when you go for your op cause if you do end up staying the night it is looooong if you can't sleep. I would make sure your room in the hotel is stocked up on drinks and snacks too. I couldn't walk for the first few days which also happend to be the weekend and there isn't room service on the weekends. Definitely bring a laptop to stream TV and movies cause you have lots of down time, expecially if you have troubles walking like me. I couldn't imagine going on a tour, I get faint feeling only walking 50 meters to the store next door. This process is long and painful but will be SO worth it in the end. I can't wait to report back with some great progress and inches lost on my calves. I have an appiontment with Dr Park tmrw and I'm sure he will aspirate my legs, let you know how it goes.

Oh I had spinal anesthesia and I asked to be put to sleep as well. He prefers spinal cause its safer :smile:

i agree, research is imperative. i wouldn't undergo any invasive surgery without it. that being said, i've been in contact with dr. park several years ago and started my research from his website. i was mostly comparing the different ways to atrophy the calf muscles, trying to figure out the cheapest, safest procedure. one of the things i found was that post op, the doctor presents a series of leg exercises. it will be hard for the patient to walk after the surgery and the natural tendency is to remain immobile because of the pain. but if the patient doesn't move, there's a risk of paralysis.
i was referring to mistakes in the operation. the doctor must be precise about which part of the calf he removes. there are nerves and surrounding tissue that can cause permanent damage if done improperly.
i'm not trying to scare anyone. i myself am just trying to be cautious. i have yet to go through with this surgery but of course, i still want to. it's interesting to hear the testimonies of people who went through with it.

hey scaredcat, i understand how hard it is to make that decision and know that i'm here for you! i give you alot of credit for doing this all on your own. i know how you feel. i definitely plan on getting the calf reduction eventually. i'm actually still hung over other surgeries too. i hope everything turns out well for you! if you'd like, my email is [email protected] i dont know if you have aim. just on the side, wifi is universal and you can always use gmail or skype to call people. (just putting that out there in case you were scared of not being able to use your phone). good luck!

i've seen pictures of girls who went through with the surgery and their legs came out a bit asymmetrical. that's what i'm most worried about. i've only heard of girls coming out paralyzed from the surgery (that's my greatest, ultimate fear) but it seems like the surgery is quite common in korea and taiwan. plenty of girls have gone through with it and dr. park has been in the field for several years now. don't be nervous! we're all here for you. when i go through with it, i'm hoping there'll be people i can count on too. be careful about how many painkillers you take. i'm studying in the medical field and overdose ore reliance on any drug, especially painkillers, can be detrimental. don't get addicted! that'll affect the rest of your life! so be careful!
much love and strength x

it was only liposuction of thighs and arms. I'm planning on doing the calf reduction surgery also and contemplating between dr jong and dr park.

Hey everyone,

Much better day today. I'm still having a hard time walking but it's do-able with the 2" wedges. I went to see Dr P and the nurse masaged my legs (left is way more swollen and sore) and then aspirated them both. I always feel better coming back and laying down after a small outing - even if its just to the clinic. I'm really starting to see the difference in my legs expecially after the aspiration! I have no regrets so far and know that once I see the end result I will be a changed person. I've spent such a long time being SO insecure about my calves and never thought it was something I could change. My advice to anyone who has also felt this way...don't waste anymore time - do it! Don't get me wrong I am a dancer and have basically been on my tip toes since I was 3, I am very naturally muscular... 6 pack abs without doing sit ups (which I don't mind :P) and I love shapely muscular legs on ladies, I think they're sexy - but mine over the years had definitely over deveoped to the point where I couldn't wear what I wanted because I couldn't handle people staring at my legs. I think a lot of it's perseption and we are all probably our own worst critic...anyway, day 8 and if I had to do it all again I wouldn't think twice :smile:

As far as I understand, there are different ways of calves reduction. Calf muscle atrophy is referring to nerve resection. Honestly, I have not done any further investigation regarding this way of calves reduction since it has never ever been an option for me (= totally not safe). But I did my best to research about gastrocnemius resection as much as possible.
I also wouldn't advise to look for a cheapest option, you health is priceless, therefore, I would definitely choose a safest one.
Stretching exercises are indeed very important. It helps to prevent severe muscle contractions and makes recovery faster. Although, I must admit, it's tough. I have done the stretches through lots of pain and tears :smile:

I agree with Misswallflower. Painkillers can affect your liver and other organs. Above this, the pain will be severe anyway and the painkillers will not give as much relief as you maybe hope. Just be prepared the first two weeks will be the hardest but then it will become much better :smile:

may i ask how many cm were your legs before the surgery and after

I guess I'm one of the ones who is having the muscle spasms because I am definitely not able to walk without my 2" heels, let alone stretch. I asked Dr. Park yesterday what I should be doing and he said rest, elevate and try to stretch toes back in bed. So that made me feel better because I thought maybe I was making it worse for myself because I'm not able to stretch. Has anyone else gone through this? Like I said I'm a dancer and I love my yoga, so as soon as I'm able to I will be doing LOTS of stretching...hopefully it will all come back.

37cm right and 40cm left - I'm 5'6" 130 pounds

Its too hard to tell with the swelling how hany cm lost but my right calf looks great already and I asked him if he took out a lot more on my left and he said 'double' so I'm assured it's just the swelling! I will let you know how my progress goes :smile: