BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

hi - can i ask why it failed with Dr Park? What has Dr Jong offered that is different?

it would be lovely to stay in contact and yes I would be happy to send you email - not sure how to send private message via this forum so that I can forward email - have you managed to do this as yet?

christy

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi lil_tiga

I feel that it is important for you to go with the Dr who is best able to achieve the end result you are hoping for. Dr Jong has quoted me 3200 uk pounds to also include liposuction on knees and ankles where required to improve overall shape. I have been pleased with his reponse to my emails so far and he has been most helpful and informative however it is an important choice to make. I think that the flights and stay may cost aprox 1000 pounds though have not explored this in detail.

i definitely wish to travel this year and think that it would be better to go either spring or autumn due to it being cooler and wearing thicker clothes.

I thought that there was no answer to this problem until i googled one day and found out about the operation and then the forum link. It has been a massive help to find people who have lived a similar experience and have knowledge of the operation. I have lived the majority of my life since adolesence, wearing trousers and long dresses, and avoiding situations during which i would need to expose my legs. Those around me have no idea of the extent i am troubled by this. Sorry to go on so much but what i am trying to say is that i am desperate to get operation done this year if possible.

I do not think that i would have the confidence to go it alone and the only way i could justify having an operation to my husband would be by saying i was having liposuction and that it was cheaper abroad. In which case he would be more agreeable to know that i was travelling with someone else going through the same thing. Let me know how you go on with your decision making - good luck!!

Christy

Hi Kren, i feel so sorry that you had to go through so much, travel all the way to Korea and not have it done. I hope Taiwan will be successful. I have the same question as christy. What did Dr Jong offer that Dr Park did not? Was it the soleus? Because I know Dr Park will not touch that. Was it lipo? Because I asked Dr Park if I needed any and he said no.

Girls, to share these, I want everyone to read so this is in bold THERE IS A CLINIC IN GERMANY BUT THEY DO TOTAL AND NOT PARTIAL RESECTION. They could not explain to me why so I decided not to even ask further. I was just curious and looking around. Be careful ok? Always check and keep asking questions cos we only want to go to the best doctors. Just my humble opinion, but you are worth every penny you spend, so save up and go for the best. Be patient and dont go to just the cheaper alternative unless it is the right one for you.

xx
S

i sent you a private msg with my email, chirsty :smile:)

keep in contact.

kren

scaredcat,

yeap. it was kind of a trauma. but i'm glad i met steph over there, to help me through emotionally.

anyway, i chose dr jong, cause he's more into the shape of the legs, rather than just removing the muscle.
like you mention, dr park doesnt touch the soleus, which he said my legs will look bowed. i wont want that.
my concern is the shape of my legs, and not just the muscles. thus, i gave up in the end, and research about dr jong after that.

kren :smile:)

I completely agree with scared cat - i looked into operation offered by Dr in germany though was not satisfied with the response - there was a complete lack of infomation provided plus the fact like already mentioned it is full resection rather than partial.

I have been very satisfied with the information from Dr Jong and have faith that he can achieve what i hope for, though not everybody may be suitable for the surgery he undertakes in the same way that obviously not everyone is suitable for surgery with Dr Park. I would definitely not choose to go just on the basis of price.

Christy

Hi gingersnaps... Was just wondering if you are very satisfied with the results? Many thanks and best wishes for the new year :smile:

Hi Marshmallow, I want to do the procedure with Dr Park. You mentioned your calves grew. A few other girls also had similar experience. How are they now? Are you in the third stage of recovery? How long as it been? I want to do everything possible to make sure the results are long term. He did not touch the soleus did he? Do you have a big soleus?

thanks!
S

TOPIC: SOLEUS

Hi Girls, I am not having second thoughts about who to go to. I instinctively want to go to Dr Park. Now.....ok, it has all to do with the SOLEUS. A couple questions please:

1. why Dr Park will not touch and why Dr Jong does?
2. what difference it makes to the results?
3. anyone has done a procedure involving soleus? please share?

xxx
S

Hi i think the soleus is more important to function, so maybe if the soleus is altered you will not regain full strength. I'm not 100% sure tho :/

I don't know if people remember but someone a while again mentioned a dr in sweden who was considering performing calf muscle reduction. So i emailed him and he said he will be performing the procedure from march this year for £6000 in Sweden, and you would only have to stay 3 nights in sweden, i think maybe because it is only a short flight back to the uk. Although it is more expensive than going to Asia you will be protected by eu laws and if there are any problems it easy to book a flight back. Here's a link to his page: http://www.drselvaggi.com/

here it is:

Thanks lil tiga, I got it! I quote email fr Dr Park: "I don't think you need liposuction or Soleus muscle resection.

The reason why this surgery is safe is there is remained Soleus muscle which can compensate for the loss of Gastrocnemius muscle."

:smile:

Oh didnt think of that.....good point. But somehow I prefer Dr Park as a lot of girls here have been to see him?