BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi Blossoms, congratulations on getting the ops done. Can you share a bit more why you find it is a hard time? Good thing you have your husband with you. Do you mind if I PM you? I will like to learn more about the procedure with Dr Jong. Thank you...

S

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Christy, since my last reply to you, I have heard from Dr Park. I sent him photos of front and back view of calves and he sent me back a picture of another case he operated on and I take that to mean that he could help me so I will very likely see him. Just to update you. Have you decided to go? Do let me know if you will like to chat. I could send you my email. I just PM yet. Not enough posts I think. Good luck whatever you decide...

S

Hi ChicagoSteph, I have a question on the spinal anaesthetic. Was it painful when it was administered? Did Dr Park explain why it is better than GA (I suppose GA is never really good huh)? I am a bit worried about going under GA. And how are your measurements now? Do you see a difference? And how about the scarring? Just to add also very impressed you went alone and took everything in stride and so upbeat!! Very encouraging...

Girls, my last post of the day. Dr Park said I need to lose about 6 to 8 cm to get to my ideal calf size. Has anyone lost that much? If so, I will be very interested to hear! And I was wondering if the more you lose, the harder the recovery because more of the muscle is removed?

Hi scared cat, I havent undergone the operation...I too am too scared to try! I'm hoping I can go either end of feb or mar this year :s ....I was hoping chicagosteph or marshmallow can shed more light on how effective the ops is... I have also undergone Botox but it had no effect sadly on my calves

Yup...I feel your pain. I have naturally enormous calves (it's a hallmark of my figure type)...I only do the elliptical for cardio because of foot problems (old tendon injury on one, newly irritated bunion on the other) and through a 30-lb weight loss and some yo-yoing thereafter, my calves haven't really changed in size at all :sad: If I had some extra time I'd totally give Pilates a shot--not sure if I will this semester, though! As it is I think I'll be laying off the gym a bit while my foot heals--oddly enough, I seem to lose weight when I'm not working out (cardio kind of ramps up my appetite)

Merry Christmas. I was scared too when I found this website about 3 weeks ago I think. Suddenly I had a choice but needed courage. Now I am not so scared. I talked to a couple of close friends who were neutral. I did not tell family yet and I would say don't until you have decided. Best of all, I wrote to the doctor I wanted. I think you have done that. Don't be scared. Whatever happens, you will be ok because at the end of the day, even if you back out of it, you are still beautiful. We are all girls, remember that, so we are all beautiful. I very much doubt you have bigger calves than me and although I badly want to change, if you ask me if I can live with them, yes I can! And so can you. So whatever you decide, do not worry. And I read up a lot on the different muscles. It helps to know what and how it will be removed. If you want to chat on email, please let me know. I still do not have PM privileges....don't know why...

xxx
S

Oh, I wanted to add, I think the surgery is in the long term better than Botox because although it is invasive, it is not toxic. I think it is called Botox toxin (scary) and I cannot imagine people injecting toxin in themselves periodically which will affect the liver and kidney over the long term. So, I am glad it did no good for you! Check out this German plastic surgery website for the explanation of the different muscles. Haha, no doubt some of the information he got was provided by Asia, I still think he presented it in a very clear way and after reading, I felt a bit better. There is a picture of the various muscles and an explanation of their function. http://www.iatrum.com/en/calf-reduction-surgery.html

S

Wow, 30 lb weight loss?? Can I just say, amazing. Well, in my experience, I actually gained weight in my calves when I gained weight and I actually reduced when I lost weight although it is proportionately less so my calves remain a lot bigger than the rest of my body. Maybe you should measure and you will see it did go down, even a little bit! Last week, I started walking on flat road and for a long period and it seemed to have gone down 1 cm :smile:) and Im so happy. Now, I think it probably gained over Xmas wahhh

Yup, I thought that would happen--but I did measure before and after, and the difference in circumference (between ~165 lbs and a much healthier 135) was like 1/4 inch--hardly anything. Both my parents have tree trunk calves, though (my mom has the very common "Skittle" figure, not quite a pear, but basically flat everywhere except thunder thighs and big ol calves, kinda bowed legs. I don't really know men's figure types, but my dad is just big all over, lol)

You know what you're right - I think exercise can increase or make the calves bigger. I measured mine two years ago when I was still actively going to the gym- it was36. I had to stop my membership due to work so I have not been exercising . Its now currently 34 - but still it looks like a man's calves - really annoying the he'll out of me!