BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

hi alana rose, do you have any pre and post op pics please? any pain with walking or light exercise after?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one's calves are big due to fat content, then weightloss/burning of fat through exercise would certainly reduce it.

But if one's calves are big due to hypertrophy of muscle, then running is unlikely to reduce it.
Surgery, botox or pilates (or other forms of exercises that lengthens muscles, giving them a leaner appearance) are the only options for reducing the bulk.

I'm a huge believer in exercise and its multiple benefits, but in this particular discussion on calf reduction, I think we need to be more scientific in the solutions that we put forth.

Coachgirl12, please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for you that you got your desired calves through healthy exercise :smile:

It's just that, unfortunately, it might not be a feasible option for everyone.

If your calves are muscle, there isn't anyway you can get rid of them unless you constantly pay more attention to your upper body and never work on your lower. I have had huge muscly calves my whole life, can't get rid of them. one calf is literally bigger than a football... Don't ask me how i know lol.

People ask me if I play soccer that's how my calves are! I have to concentrate my work out on upper body. No running it makes my thigh and calves super big. I have to walk on treadmill, and during high intensity aerobics, I have to be low impact. No jumping jacks for me.

hi

i am a 39 year old female from manchester area - is anyone from england / scotland planning on having this surgery between nov and next march/ april time -as apprehensive about going alone and being in pain!

thanks

Hey christy

You can use the general email, dr park usually answers within 1 or 2 days. He's really helpful and supportive. :smile:

thanks for the reply - dr park emailed back very quickly to general email within a couple of hours however i am disappointed that I may not be suitable for op due to him thinking that problem is with lower rather than upper calf - he needs to see more photos - maybe dr jong can help!! - anyone else have similar pro:smile:blem

Hi to all the Brave ladies!!!!

I have been so shy about my calves since I am quite slim but lower part of my body is heavy, I have been trying to lose weight for the longest time, but forever, my body and face looks so scrawny and my lower part of my body is ok, still the calves cannot slim down, after reading all the posts, i am so ready to go for the reduction, will try to save more money and go to Oz next year!!!

Fighting!!!

Oh btw any kind ladies out there can show me their before and after pics, too bad cos i am too new here, i cant pm anyone

Hi I am from London and going in November this year - yep its getting near. Please PM me if you want to talk more!

hi
thanks for the reply it would be good to speak with you though can't pm you as yet due to being new to the site - need to submit several messages!!!

i am awaiting reply from dr jong and dr park as not sure operation is suitable as yet due to shape of legs - just hoping that will be as desperate to change things

i take it you are from london? keep in touch i would be very interested to learn how you get on and also:smile: if possible see some pics of before and after

Very much hope you find what you need. Understand your feelings. Keep an eye on the forum, I will post when I get back as to how I get on :smile:

Anyone reading this who has had the operation with Dr Park please can you tell me how you paid if possible?- ie bank transfer/cheque? etc and how you timed the payment. I know Dr Park said transfer takes a week to clear so it would mean payment up front week or so before I leave but there is always the worry of last minute change of mind and have to take that into consideration although I don't really think I will do that. Anyone got any advice? Thanks so much:smile:

Hi ladies,

Mr Park got back to me, its about 6,300,000KRW no tax. i know its a package for the whole reduction surgery, its stated in their website what is inclusive but to be 100percent sure, i am gg to email him again about any other extra cost we have to be aware of.