BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi cutesnoppy,

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you share me some of your current calf? my email is xxx

Thank you very much again. I feel much more confident to go to have surgery in Taiwan.
Any suggestion, please please advise me.

^^

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow .. so are you still there? When are you heading home? I went there by myself but luckily met other girls that were getting the same thing done and had their support. I was such a baby too and still am when it comes to pain. I questioned why i put myself through such torture but glad i did.

My ideal is 32cm as well. Currently I am slightly above 33cm but definitely prefer to be closer to my ideal. my ankles are slightly chunkier than yours, they're almost 23cm. I'm also short so it doesn't look as appealing and definitely more like cankles. I might be able to chnage the size of my calves but there's nothing I can do about my bone structure.

I am not 100% content with my results yet given that they still swell. Hahaha Ask me again in another year.

I wish you the best and don't worry, the pain eases as the days go by. I was walking fine, maybe with a very small limp, after the 2nd week. Maybe that's why the doc recommends you to stay for 2 weeks in addition to the post-op care. I live in a city where I can walk everywhere so I wore a knee brace for a week just for add'l stability. To date, the tendons behind my knees still wells and tightens up, it doesn't cause any difficulties in walking or anything, all you have to do is stretch a bit.

Hi luvlie21,

Since I last wrote on the forum two weeks ago, the swelling in my legs has almost completely disappeared. I've also stopped elevating my legs at night or wearing bandages. My scar is barely visible anymore. So don't worry! Sometimes the progress is slow and sometimes it suddenly speeds up :smile:

In the first one or two months after my surgery, I also felt like I had a really big soleus muscle, but I think that was because I had spent all those years focusing on the other side! I looked at what other people's legs look like and it's normal for that muscle to stick out a bit to give the leg shape. I don't even notice mine anymore.

I switched between the stockings and bandages quite regularly, but I do think it's important to wear one or the other as that will help with the "empty space" in the leg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cutesnoopy,

I'm interested in getting the calf surgery with Dr. Jong. Would you mind sending me your before and after calf pics to [email protected]? Also did Dr. Jong remove part of your gastronemius and soleus or just one of the muscles? Thanks for the info!

Hi,

Photos send to you. I had partial reduction of both gastronemius and soleus muscles & lipo on knee & calf.

luvlie Don't do it! I am the same way as you! I am 4'11 with calves of 14.5-15 inches! So you are not alone! Sometimes I think they either medium or large, but It looks great in heels! We have the average standard calves that some people want so don't feel too bad about it! Live your life as being who you are, because my boyfriend tells me the samething my legs looks nice and atheletic!

omgggg.I saw the title of the thread and I was curious considering I have huge calves. I never in my life expected to read what I have just read!... For a very long time I hated my calves, they run in my family, but one day in middle school this girl said" "omg, i love your legs!! you have such gorgeous calves!!" and i was like "really?!?!" she said "omg yes!! I'v been dancing for years and I wish I had legs like yours!!" Thats when I realized that they werent that bad. I always joked that I wished I could just cut them off and never knew it was possible until I read this thread. and then I see that people are complaining about their caleves that are 35cm??? like are you kidding??? I had to measure mine and they are 52cm. beat that!!haha. I wish mine were 35!! haha. Anywho, no surgery for me, I learned to embrace my calves and recently I took a ballet class and it has inspired me to make it a hobby(now i want to look like a dancer!!)...I hope everyone who's gotten surgery is happy, and those who want it to really consider if they actually need it to feel complete in their lives. Good luck everyone!:hugs:

^ Similar story. I was walking up the stairs at school and a guy said "Damn. Look at your calves!" (Not in a disrespectful way, we were friends.) And it didn't seem like an insult to me so maybe my big calves aren't that bad. :P Some guys might dig it? Hopefully. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,
I really want to reduce my calf size. I have a really small top half and a chunky bottom half. My legs are pretty much all muscle. I have been told if you do high intensity cardio 45-60 minutes on a running machine every day then the calves will strink but I also know in Korea that they cut the muscle out. I see some of you have had that. Is there any chance you could email me photos at all please? Did it hurt as well and how much was the operation?

Thanks

Vicky x

you might focus on reducing the size and they may make them look leaner.
But bottom line is: Your calves are meant to be liek they are. It's in the genes. It's the same with ankles. Or boobs. Or lips.
Sorry :-/

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Vicky,

A few of us have written quite a bit about the procedure and our recovery so you should be able to find alot of the info you need just by going through our previous posts. My recovery was not too painful. I think my surgery cost about USD 4500, but I had additional travel and hotel costs. The whole thing was totally worth it and I have absolutely no regrets.

Please feel free to PM me, or post any specific questions you have

• 2 weeks later...
I had my surgery done in Feb this year, so I'm still in the healing process. Apart from slight tightness in the morning and being unable to run fast (although I admit i've not been trying to!) I have no problems whatsoever. Having this surgery has changed my life so much, I can actually wear shorts or a skirt without feeling like a freak. Some of the pictures I have seen on this site, in my opinion, didn't look too bad to start with, whereas even my own mother now says how bad mines were. I can't praise Dr Park enough (and his excellent staff) I only wish that I had known about this procedure years ago.

I know that if you are a "toe walker" (i.e. walk on your toes as opposed to on your heel) then you will have bigger calves as you are constantly working them out. I have a friend who has walked on her toes since she started walking and her calves are huge, but rock solid!

Hi cutesnoppy,
could i have your picture before and after also? xxxx