BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Ohhh I am super excited and thought I shared this with you. I had my calves resected exactly two weeks ago. Prior to the surgery, they were 37.5/38.5 on left & right, respectively. I am still swollen but not as bad as I was like 3 days ago despite the fact that I've been walking around all day today. And after a long day of being up and about, they both measure 34cm. Also I have yet to aspirate myself and Dr. Park only aspirated me 3x when I was there.

ok... so what's the excitement about..? Well prior to the surgery, I was never able to zip pass the mid calf area with knee high boots. I had purchased a pair of boots a few months ago, it fit at the store but once I bought them home, i couldn't zip them up. The pair I tried on and pair I bought home were different boots, nonetheless the same style. Very disappointed, of course but still kept them since I knew I was thinking about the surgery. In any case, I tried them on just now and THEY FIT with a little bit of room to spare. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I know I still have a long recovery ahead of me but i was truly ecstatic about this new discovery. So please don't burst my bubble yet and share this excitement with me. :happydance:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree.. Thank you Marshmallow!!!
The different stages gives me a better understanding of what I will go through. As someone had posted back in pages 30 something, he's like toothpaste, you squeeze and a little will come out.

That's fantastic luvlie21! I was just as excited to try on boots after my surgery :smile:

Luvlie, that's great!!:biggrin:
I also was super excited and I caught myself looking at my calves in shop-windows/mirrors all the time!!:graucho:

ashmi99

I am listening to your advise regarding not to obsess over the final results I have not even measured my calves since the surgery because I know they are going to be up and down due to swelling and the fluid!

I'm just happy that I did get this done so I can finally wear skirts, boots, dresses, shorts & bikinis without any major concerns or hangups :smile:

I can barely even see a scar at the back of my knees it seems to be very small and healing really quickly!!

Now im trying to decide what exercise would be ok to do in a few weeks time back in the gym, I'm wondering if Pilates or yoga would be suitable that wouldnt involve much calf work or even the cross trainer?

missjesss

congrats to your new calves!!! they look great!!
your speedy recovery is amazing, you can tell from the pictures there is already a big change in your calves shape!

by the way, seeing your pictures makes me miss the young dong hotel and their amazing hazelnut coffee bags:P

ough, i miss seoul...

missjesss...looks great!! And yes, I think yoga or pilates would be fine. Just make sure you feel comfortable. No need to push yourself. I can't remember when Dr. Park said it was okay to start exercising, but I am sure you have consulted him.

thank you girls :smile:

marshmallow I did not even try the hazelnut coffee bags!!! I seen snow for the first time when I was over in Seoul :smile:

ashmi99 I will email Dr Park but I am just keen to wait for my results on my legs a few more months because I want them to heal naturally and I don't really want to encourage them to tone up again! So I will wait I think I just need to eat healthy now that I can't exercise for a while :smile:

Janine those after shots were taken in the hotel room in Seoul, I've noticed when I take my bandages off.. my legs are quite straight and skinny but if I wear my compression stockings they look a bit bigger and more shapely so I don't know what to expect now lol I'm just happy that bulk has gone how are your legs coming along? I am missing you and Josephine it's a pity we live so far away!