BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi everyone, I've got a quick comment to add. I've never considered surgery, however I just completed the 30 Day Tracy Anderson Method. My calves have NEVER been so small in my life. I carry weight in my legs, and have always exercised to reduce my body fat. Unfortunately this caused my calves to get more muscular. Tracy Anderson's method has been the only thing that has EVER reduced my leg circumference. I'm very, very happy. Give it a try.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutesnoppy, i did not use my calf musces at all - i did even skip to walk to the train station etc., i'm using the bus every time now because i was so paranoid about getting bigger calves again. it seems it didn't help though :/ i really hope a miracle happens and this is only temporary!!
i e-mailed dr. park, let's see what he thinks about it!

moodarhee, don't worry - i can't remember someone had the same problem like me! Everything will be fine and you will have nice legs just in time for summer:graucho:

From my own experience, I was in severe pain from Day 4. They pain was so severe that I couldn't do any of the stretches. Even Dr Park, after his a check up told me to just rest and not to persist with the stretches until the pain subsided. It was really painful and I could barely walk even with the support of the shoes. Dr Park did say that the patients who experienced more pain or had a more difficult recovery usually have a better result.
I have vouch for that, as i am very please with my result. I am two years post surgery.
Stay positive and the pain will eventually go away, and hopefully you will have a great result like me.

moodarhee,
Dr Jong don't encourage me to continue with jogging at all. He even mention to me jogging is not good for my knee. But I don't think I can do without jogging, will just jog once in a while:P

marshmallow,
Sorry to hear that your calves become bigger without over using it. Can understand your disappointment. Hope Dr Park comes back with a solution.

The pain worsen by day 5 for me but the location of it shifted. It was initially in the calf region but from the 5th day on, it was around the mid calf to tendon areas, making it nearly impossible to walk on flats and even hurt with wedges. I guess this is the contraction phase that the doc was referring to. Today is day 8 and i feel like it is only getting tougher.

I just looked in the mirror this morning and starting to like what I see. Though I am not 100% content yet. The front view is pretty decent so far with minimal amount of swelling but the backview still looks grotesque. I know its contributed by the empty space, making it appear like I have major fatty calves.

I hope I will be part of the "tough recovery = best results" statistic.

I am upto day 9 and my tightness is starting to go away, however I still feel really tried after walkin around but I know thats normal, my calves are alot straighter I feel as tho Ive gone from massive calves to pin legs lol, I'm really happy with the shape I really dont think they need to get any smaller now!! I think all that is happening now is my calfs are just trying to readjust to the final results and would you believe I have had my legs aspirated twice and they got absolutely no fluid out of my left leg! lol the only thing I hope is my calves dont get any smaller!! I will post my progress very soon so all you girls thinking about giving the surgery a go can see

glad to hear you're recovering well!!
i had to laugh when i read there was no fluid coming out of your left leg...i experienced the same when dr. park aspirated me. good to know i'm not alone, haha:P

keep your head up and think about your new beautiful calves!!:smile:

Glad to hear you are doing better! My recovery was extremely difficult and slow. It killed me to do the stretches, but I told myself it would be worth it and tried to just deal with the pain. I did have a muscle spasm in my right calf, which explained why that one was so sore. Dr. Park told me not to stretch that calf for awhile.

Hang in there. It will be worth it!

I'm sorry you are not totally happy with your results yet! Once I stopped wear my stockings, my calves looked bigger because they were not being compressed and were now being allowed to swell. Remember, the swelling takes a LONG time to go away. My calves kept changing shape for a little over a year. Don't get discouraged. It is a long process!

Hey ashmi, nice to hear from you:flowers:
i know, it takes time to see the final results. after your calves were fully recovered after a year or so, were they back to the circumference/shape they had when you wore compression stockings?
my calves were so small and looked so great every time when i changed the stockings. i ask myself if the calves will ever look like that again because you could bandage your belly for example and it would look ultra small when you remove the bandage - but after that, it goes back to its normal shape. (i hope you understand what i want to tell/ask you)
is the shape of the calves caused by the stockings a realistic status to aim for or will they never look like that again?

Hi ashmi99

So are you saying our calves will continue to change shape over the next 6 months to a year? I can tell mine are still a little swollen but definately straighter, theres still a little bulge on the inside of my calves but Amy said that will disappear over the next month or 2. I have to say I think im pretty lucky that I didn't really experience much pain.

Marshmallow
When you aspirated your legs again did you get any fluid out of your left leg ? I have yo aspirate on Friday again.

I can only speak for myself, but I know in the stockings, my calves were straighter, with almost no shape. After they were fully healed, they were still small, but had a bit more shape, which I actually prefer. If you look at the pictures I posted on my photobucket, I think you will see what I mean. In the 1 month picture, I had just taken my stockings off and my calves look very straight. The next pictures, I'm no longer wearing stockings and you can see they have a bit more shape.

Hi missjesss. Yes, your calves may continue to change. I had a "hollow" spot in my leg and over time, that filled in a bit.