BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I am getting surgery tomorow I just had my consultation with dr park and the clinic is not at all wat I expected !! Not sure if I like the ladies in reception either it just seems dodgey ... Surgery is scheduled for 2morow morning I'm rlly having second thoughts !

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, Dr. Park and his staff are great and will take care of you and you will be so happy as soon as you can look at your smaller calves!;)

Good luck!!!!

Hello All,
Just wanted to give you girls an update and I definitely need some support right now. I had my surgery 3 days ago and am in so much pain right now. I can barely walk with the wedges and cannot even keep my legs together or straight when walking on flats. they are in an angle that makes it appear like I am sort of squating, if that makes sense. It takes a lot of effort to get out of bed. And the required exercise are nearly impossible to be done.
For those of you who had it done, was it this difficult for you and what did you do? I tried to do the exercise where you lean your stomach against the wall but i can only do it for a second before I start sweating and will only give up in the end.

Please help!

dear luvlie21

keep your mind strong, and i'm sure all these temporary pain will be over soon.

you should check with dr park about your condition, he'll give the best advice according to your situation.

keep us updated!

love,
kren : ))

Hi Luvlie21,

I kept my leg elevated most of the time, stretch them while I'm in bed. That helps to loosen the calf muscle. For walking, use wedges till can walk well than change to flat.

But check with Dr Park to make sure all is ok.

Stay positive, the pain will get better as the day goes by.
Take care.

Dear Luvlie21,

It seems that you are experiencing the painful phase sooner than most of us (the average day of occurrence was day 5/6 post op). Are you regularly taking the pain killers DP gave you? Are the wedge shoes you brought with you high enough? Or maybe are they too high for you, which could explain why you can hardly walk with them?

Wedge shoes are supposed to relieve you, but the problem is that when you use them too often, your healing process gets slower; in a sense, it is "better" for you to suffer now and get used to flat shoes, hopefully will the pain fade away faster.

I was too lazy to stretch on those days post op, and this was a big mistake: I was lazy, and as stretches hurt, I did everything to avoid the pain, and stretched less and less.

I know this is hard, but if you want to heal and get better soon, you have to stretch, drink as much as you can to stay hydrated and eliminate, take your pills regularly. You can elevate your legs to get relief; oversleeping will not help (when I did that, it was harder for me to get up afterwards). You can change your position while sleeping frequently. Bandages or compression stockings really help also, you should ask DP for the stockings now, I think you are already ready for them.

Don't worry about the way you look when you walk: nobody knows you there, nobody won't judge you; and once back home, after your recovery, everything will get back to normal. I will be 3 months post op soon, and I can almost run as before (which wasn't the case about 2 weeks ago, I could walk fast, but not run).

Be STRONG girl, and think about how gorgeous you will look in the end!

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how my surgery is going so far..

I am on day 5 now, I have to say that I havnt needed any of my pain killers and I think I am recovering really well compared to some of the previous girls on here and I'm very happy that I went through with it!! No regrets so far !! :smile:

That's great, missjesss! I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well :smile:

Ok ladies, short update on my recovery….
It has been 6 months since my surgery and my mood changed from super excited and happy to not so satisfied anymore.

My previous calf circumference was 35,5cm, I had a really fast recovery and as long as I wore I compression bandages my calves were around 32/33cm after surgery.
At the 3 months mark, I stopped wearing compression bandages and felt ok, my calves were about 33,5cm and I think this was also the time I could run completely normal and I didn’t feel the calves at all anymore.
Now 6 months post-op I noticed my calves got bigger and bigger. When I measured them today they were 34,5cm. I know the healing process is long and there might be swelling up to a year, but my calves don’t feel swollen, they feel hard (you can basically feel the muscles).

I’m not gonna lie, this makes me really sad. Before I went to Korea for calf reduction, I already tried liposuction on my calves – it didn’t work of course. Then all the money I spent for this calf reduction surgery, I don’t want to end with only loosing one centimeter. I’m really frightened it continues like that and my calves will get back to their old shape in the next few months…

Ladies, did anyone experience the same in the healing period? Did your calves get bigger around the 6 post-op mark? I’m so frightened of a hypertrophy of the remaining muscles…:sad:

Any help????

missjesss,

great to hear that you have a smooth recovery.

marshmallow,
I did mind with Dr Jong. Before my procedure, Dr Jong did mention to me that for some people, the calf will become thicker if they use the calf muscle too much after surgery. He recommend me to avoid jogging which I used to do, & switch to swimming which uses less calf muscle.
You probably can try wearing the compression bandage again for a while & see if the size reduce. Maybe can also e-mail Dr Park for his advice.
Hope you resolve your concern...