BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi Cutesnoppy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel much more better now.
Anyways, how are your legs now? Stable? in the shape that you want?
Can you wear skirt now? ^^

Will update you ^^

Thank you again

Blossoms

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi blossoms,

great to hear from you!

yes, i went over to korea in august, alone - all by myself.

well, it's a long story.
i didnt get my surgery done with dr park, but i'm considering dr jong next year.

i choose dr jong, because he'll take the shape of my calves into consideration.

i'll prefer a better looking shape of my legs, rather than just removing the bulging muscle. because dr park mentioned that my legs will look bowed, if i just remove the G. muscle.

please contact me at xxx Please don't post your email address publicly, but use our PM system

i'll like to keep in touch with you.
and trust me, going over there alone isnt going to be as easy as thought.
much more without much support.
i went over, without telling anyone my intention of the surgery. it was tough. but i'm glad to meet steph, and a lady (who had surgery with dr jong) i kept in touch through emails.

hope to hear from you soon!

kren :smile:)

Wow ladies! Embrace your beautiful, shapely calves :hbeat: I actually want to make mine bigger..

I have an extremely sedentary (read:lazy) lifestye. With a full time job and part time masters program, I don't have any time to exercise. I only walk from the car to the building. I am blessed with lean genes, but I still need to tone up a bit. I love shapely calves, I actually find that feminine and sexy.

Hi blossom,

To answer your questions:

So What were you doing while recovery? Just stay at the hotel?
Or you went out for shopping?
I mostly stayed at the hotel and watched tv and movies on my laptop. You'll want to keep your legs elevated as much as possible so you need to prepare stuff to watch or read so you don't get bored. I went out shopping around day 10, but not for long. I went sightseeing on day 12 and was ok but I would not have done this if I was alone.

And were you go for surgery alone?
No, I had a family member come with me to keep my company.

The heels you wear after the surgery, are they in slope shape? 2 inch? or flat heel?
I wore shoes with a 2 inch wedged heel from the clinic back to the hotel after the surgery but never wore them again after. Wearing flat shoes and walking barefoot helps stretch the calf more and I think that helped with my recovery.

And Were you worry about the surgery? How to make youself so ready for the surgery?
I was worried about going under general anesthetic, but not really anything else. I knew that the results may not be perfect but I wanted to change my legs and had wanted to do the surgery for a long time. I prepared for the surgery by stretching alot in the weeks leading up to it. I'd recommend buying arnica gel and tablets to take as they can help with bruising.

Hello girls!! I have found my sisters!! I have always been ashamed of my calves and I thought I was like the only girl in the world with them. Of course I knew that was not true but now I see you all and I just wanna say thanks for even posting and sharing because it makes it a little bit better to know there are others struggling and trying!! I never considered surgery but seems that everyone is having positive review. Please let me know if otherwise as you can tell, Im a scared cat and will not do it if it is dangerous.

Anyhow, I have some non-surgical tips I thought I'd share. Having monitored my weight and calf size for donkey years, I find that I am at my smallest when I am at my lightest. I read that with extra weight, we do gain muscle even if we do not exercise because the calf muscles gain to cope with the extra weight. So, I would say try and lose the most weight you can with good diet and then go on to the surgery. I mean, just a thought. Also, do avoid calf raises and walking uphill. And spinning classes. I have found that they do nothing but bulk me up.

Good luck to those going to do the surgery!!! If there is anyone in England who wants to email or chat, please get in touch. Im really considering surgery now....

Hi Marshmallow, just wondering how you are doing since your update post. Did it get better?

Hi Christy, I am from London and would like to do this next year as well! I am new and cannot PM. Please get in touch :smile:

Hi

Sorry for delay in replying I have not been on the forum for some weeks now - it is great to hear that you are from the uk and considering similar surgery however Dr Park replied to say that his surgery would not be suitable for me - I have since had several emails to Dr Jong who can offer surgery - please let me know how you progress with things - have you spoken to your family about this - what are their thoughts I would be very interested to know? Have you definitely made up your mind or do you have some reservations - i find it all quite anxiety provoking especially the thought of going alone. I do feel determined that this is something I should pursue as have spent so much of my life affected by this in many ways?

christy2

Hi

Are you definitely thinking of having surgery and if so - Dr park or Dr Jong - have you any thoughts as yet? It looks like only Dr Jong can offer surgery to me though it would be great to share this experience with someone rather than going it alone. I have not even spoke to family about this - have you?

christy2

Hi Christy,
I have been thinking of doing it with Dr Park but had no idea that some of us may not be suitable so I just took pics and will send them to him. I ran through your posts and you mentioned it is because the problem is with your lower and not upper calves? And I am just wondering if you will be willing to share why that may be a problem for Dr Park? I may have the same problem as my lower calves are large. As for family, this is major problem for me. I have not told family yet. I told 2 close friends since I found this website. I read your earlier posts and I know what you mean by this has affected so much of your life. I feel the same. I really am scared (see my name???:smile:)) but I feel that I will always wonder if I do not do this. I think once I do it, I can then move on and either it and wear skirts bravely or hide behind trousers for the rest of my life.

Right now, I am researching on the function of the various muscles because I believe every muscle has a function and is in the body for a reason. If I am going to ask a surgeon to remove part of it, I want to know what I will be missing. I am very happy to share the information I find with you and anyone else on the forum but I do not want to post too much because I know some people do not want to know too much and just want to "just do it". Will update you once I hear from Dr Park.

S

ps: when are you going to see Dr Jong? Decided yet?

Hello all...is anyone going around march 2012 to dr park/ Korea for the surgery? I have been a
Thinking about this procedure for over a yr now...I guess I'm just scared to but I so want to do it .

marshmallow,are u happy with the results of the operation? Did the circumference of your calves shrink after the 6 months pd?

hi Kren,

Now I am in Taipei, I came here with my husband. Not alone. And yes it is true, we cant come here alone. It really really hard time to be alone here. Especially, after operation done. It really difficult to move, to do anything, you really need a super big support from the person who love you.

My operation was done and now i am at the hotel for recovery. I am still worry whether I can fly back to my home town in the next 5 days or not. because the doctor not recommend to walk much. So it is impossible if not walk too much at the airport.

Overall Dr.Jong take a good care of you. All staffs are great!
Let's me know if you wanna know anything. I will go to take a pain killer medicine....and take some rest....

keep in touch.

Blossoms

Hi Gingersnaps99,

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I am in Taipei and in the hotel for recovery.
It was great that my husband come with me or I might call off the operation.

IT a bit difficult for me since I cant speak local language. so difficult to communicate and people here not speak english that much.

Now i feel pain...and need to take a pain killer and rest.
Oh! one thing, i am difficult to go to the toilet....how did you do? you family member carried you to toilet?
Very hard time for me now....