BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha, 34 cm. would look like stick legs on me! I just measured again...15", or 38 cm. (I'm currently a little less than 140 lbs)

Honestly--assuming you girls who are consulting with Dr. Park are of Korean or other East Asian descent--I would find it almost unnatural to see an Asian girl with small calves, because about 90% of you have the Skittle figure type (basically petite everywhere, but with short, muscular legs), as do most of my Eastern European relatives. (I have to wonder if it's a cold weather adaptation for our ancestors, since Russians and Asians have Siberia in common, and big calves like ours on short legs are less likely to get frostbitten than long, skinny limbs, whose blood has further to travel to get back to the heart)

haha...it's not me that is 34 unfortunately....it is K36 above. i would be happy with 34, i think. or would i want less less less? :P K36, sorry, not "belittling" your pain. I know like 34 can be bad too. I was around 35 to 6 at some point when i wasnt gyming, climbing, working out. And still I wanted it to look smaller because I think it is the muscularity which gives it bulk and manly shape. Sighs. I am wondering where the rest of the girls who have been through the surgery are...hopefully post Christmas shopping for knee high boots. And then I hope they return to share more experiences and give some advice. Im almost decided on the procedure. And have very practical questions like what are the must brings. Compression stockings? What else? Im also wondering if the painkillers help and how much they take and then the antibiotics. And to share experiences in general about how they felt, did they feel tired? Could they eat? Was there room service in the hotel? If not, have to walk out to get food?!

And which anaesthetic to choose-spinal or general. Seems stupid I know cos a lot of people will go for spinal? But i hear it is painful to administer. Can someone share? This is quite a big question for me as I am quite concerned about the anaesthetic. And the post op care- the aspiration. Dont want to POKE myself!! I told Dr Park and he said he will do aspiration for 1st 2 weeks and then later will teach me! I think he ignored I said I didnt want to poke myself..

More questions:

1. I checked and the procedure is done by an endoscopic pencil. Anyone knows if that is correct. No graphic details please. I just want to know enough but not too much. I am thinking that the incision is quite small. 2 cm? Can only do endoscopic then?

2. Which airlines did you fly?

3. How did you get to hotel from airport? There were a few options I read from the website

4. Can you walk unassisted after the one day stay in the clinic post op? As in walk to your hotel room?

5. How did you sleep with legs raised? Were they propped up on pillows?

6. For those who have given birth, what is the level of pain compared to childbirth? I dont know what Im after in this question. If you say childbirth, I am going to freak out too cos I want kids too! But at least it means Im training to endure pain....yikes....

thanks everyone!

Shopaholism, your post just gave me a thought. We dont wear high boots in winter do we? Well I dont cos I cant fit them! And so they are always cold....you see where im getting at? So if you are right....then what is happening is that this is a VICIOUS EVIL cycle. We get cold, so we remain bulky so we dont get frostbite. Nevermind that this evolutionary stuff happens over time. In our case, cold legs means fat legs! Maybe it is time to wear stockings to keep warm even under jeans

I think you have something there! I have exactly one pair of high boots that fits, besides my trusty Uggs (yeah, yeah, I look like an Eskimo, but at least my feet are warm). These high boots are a very stretchy pleather material, cuffed at the top like pirate boots. Because my feet are extra-wide (that might be a trait of the "pear" figure, definitely not the Skittle, but I also have bad inborn bunions) I have to size up anyway just to get my foot in, and most of the time the calf portion is still too small!

Me too..I haven't seen any boots that fit me! Oh well.

hey no worries, no offense taken! It is just that I am too small just over 5 ft and I have huge bulging useless for calves!!!!!! Sigh..

Honestly--assuming you girls who are consulting with Dr. Park are of Korean or other East Asian descent--I would find it almost unnatural to see an Asian girl with small calves, because about 90% of you have the Skittle figure type (basically petite everywhere, but with short, muscular legs), as do most of my Eastern European relatives.

I've been in South Korea and in Japan and have to say the majority of Korean girls, I saw on the streets, had very nice slender calves. In Japan I noticed more "radish legs" and "O" legs as well.

Hi, I had this surgery in September 2011 with Dr Park and I'll try to answer your questions.
Painkillers help, but not much. When you have to stand up from your bed, the pain is so bad, no painkiller can make it better.
Yes, I did feel tired after the operation but I could eat, although less than usual. You can order your meal in the hotel restaurant and they will bring it to your room.
I have chosen SA due to less risk of complications. Pain was bearable. After the surgery your legs will be much more painfull. :shocked:
Dr Park will provide you with compression stockings and painkillers. But I would advise to bring probiotics. I found antibiotics the worst part, and they have to be taken 3 times per day for the whole week!

1. Yes, it's an endoscopic procedure and incision is indeed small, something like 2 cm.
2. Finnair (from Europe)
3. Official taxi
4. I needed assistance to walk up and down the stairs in the hotel.
5. You can ask pillows in the hotel and put it under your mattress.

2weeks?

Hi mangoChutney tnx for sharing...are u satisfied with the results? Was it worth it? Where u able to go back to work asap?

Hi Keleidoscope, I slept 2 weeks with legs elevated and needed some help to go down the stairs for 3 or 4 days. But please, also keep in mind that even the most simple things, like putting on jeans, lace up your shoes, going to WC, washing yourself etc. will become challenging for the first days after this surgery.

I took 3 weeks of vacation and it was enough for me. When I was back to work I was able to walk normally. Yes, I am very much satisfied with the results but I think everyone has to decide for himself if it worth it. At the end it stays a surgery and if you can change your mind and be happy with yourself and your legs without operation, then it's even better I think :smile: