BeautyHacker

I'll be in Shanghai for business for about 4 weeks from June to July. Message me and maybe we can go look at those clinics together! :biggrin:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out that I have about 2 weeks free in from Mid to the end of May. If anyone is interested in going to Taipei during that time, please let me know.

My fiance is super busy during that time, so I'll be going alone. Yikes. If anyone wants to go together... MESSAGE ME! Thank you!

I don't want to go alone.. :sad:

hey perezhilton, i might be going around in may also!!! i am exceited i really don't want to go alone, i be happy to go with you!

Hi guys, this is my first post here on the forum. I've been reading all the posts here for the past couple of weeks from page 1 and I thank all of you for contributing your experiences. I am having Dr. Charles Lee in LA, Calif. do my Rhinoplasty. I chose him because of his experience with Asian plastic surgery, his reputation, and most importantly, he does Closed Rhinoplasty so there will be no columellar scarring.

Over the past 2 years, I've been going from consultation to consultation in Boston and New York. I've seen some of the best surgeons in NYC and have spent over $1000 just in consultation fees. I never really found the surgeon I wanted since I felt they didn't understand what I wanted. It seemed that most of them assumed I wanted a Caucasian nose. It was obvious then that they just didn't have enough experience with Rhinoplasty for Asians.

I have learned alot about Rhinoplasty techniques from all the consulting I've done. After looking at Dr. Tseng's work, I noticed that he makes his incisions at the base of the tip (the fold/crease where the nose meets the upper mouth). This might be an older technique, but what this does is that it causes the skin to tug slightly upwards when it forms the scar. This can cause the tip to droop down a little. I noticed this in most of his photos. (You'll notice this in the photos looking up into the nostrils. They have a slight depression where the scar formed.) The tips appear to droop slightly because of this and even look more rotund than before the surgery. Most surgeons when performing Open Rhinoplasty will make the incision in the middle of the columella. The problem with this is that if the tip is being augmented, the skin, naturally, will stretch to adjust to the augmentation. When the skin stretches, so will the scar. From close distances, this may be noticeable. The good thing about Endonasal or Closed Rhinoplasty is that the scar is inside the nostrils so it's undetectable. The one negative aspect of it is that it takes a very skilled surgeon to perform this kind of procedure since he is pretty much blind and doesn't have the luxury of seeing everything in the open as in an Open Rhinoplasty.

Actually, his prices are very reasonable compared to some of the surgeons in New York city like Ashton, Pearlman, Sultan, and Baker. They charge anywhere from $8000 - $11,000.

Remember, this is your face. Don't just go to a surgeon because he charges less. Make sure he's reputable, qualified, experienced, etc. And most important of all, go with your instincts. You should feel comfortable with the person who is going to operate on you.

I'll actually be consulting with surgeons at the end of may and hopefully even finished my surgeries around then. Still, I'd be happy to go with you around to Shanghai's clinics.

Yea I know but I'm only 18 and I'm a student. I cannot afford to spend 7,000 on my nose :hrmm: and vip plastic surgery is pretty reputable (I heard about them from this forum) and the before and after picture is nice (but there's only one :tdown:). mkryu how much did Dr. Lee quoted you? I really want to go to him but no can do. When are you planning to get it done? I wish the best for you and hopefully I can save like 5,000 buy July-August:Push:

I think they raised their prices. I got quoted $7,900 and it includes a 5-day stay in one of their apartments. The apartments are supposed to be really nice. The receptionist told me that it has a 50+ inch TV...so that'll give me something to do while I'm recovering. I'm getting it done mid-May. I'm making all the preparations now. I just ordered my pre and post surgery vitamin kit along with bromelain and arnica.

If you have to, you can also finance part of it. They have interest-free loans for up to 1 year. Or you can put the balance on a new credit card that offers a 0% interest introductory rate and pay it off within the year.

Hi mkryu! i'm also getting my surgry done in California in the middle of may! Although I considered going to Dr. Lee, for my own reasons I decided against him and chose another Dr. You should PM me so we can support eachother and talk privately! I'd PM you myself but it seems as though you don't have enough posts for me to contact you that way.

hey iconic321, I can't seem to be able to PM you too.

Woah woah woah, that's so much. I don't know about raising prices I think it just depends on the nose? Oh wait! you're staying in the apartment for a while hmm maybe that's why it's a little bit more pricey. Are you from another state? I asked him for a quote like 1 week ago. He asked for my picture and said that I needed to straighten out my bridge cause it has a small bump:yucky: and he wanted to raise the tip of my nose with my ear cartilage. And that was all, maybe that's why mine was 1 grand cheaper. But financing is so much of a hassle isn't it? The interest are pretty high and I read Dr. Lee's finance thingy, it said that I have to have 650 credit score but I'm BARELY building mine so I don't think I'm qualified T.T. Hey everyone is getting there nose done around May-August:roflmfao:we should all share our experiences ehehehe. Hopefully I'll have enough saved by then =(

How much did your doctor quote you btw?

He's going to be breaking my nasal bone and resetting it to make it narrower. The middle of my nose is too wide. He'll also be augmenting the tip, narrowing the nostrils to match the middle of the nose and adding a tiny implant at the bridge.

The apartment is free for surgeries about $5000. I think it's a special for out-of-town patients. I'm flying in from Boston.

I feel bad for mentioning this but another option for borrowing money for students with little or no credit can do is take out more money on a Student Loan. Somehow it seems wrong because you should be using that money for tuition or room and board...not cosmetic procedures...unless you're studying to be a model.