BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS, I really meant it... I will not post or email anymore of MY PICTURES. Noone is listening and I've receive 25 emails asking for pics in the past few days. When you are in my situation, (I am volunteering to work at a few Red Cross Orphanages all summer long in Vietnam and Cambodia), all of the self-inflictions seem so small. GET REAL!!! Babies are bornto become orphans of Aid carriers everyday. They don't get the chance to be loved and cared for from their parents, left alone carrying a deadly virus. I am sorry but my experiences that I was sharing about cosmetic surgeries are inflicting with my daily life and goals, but I am just realizing more and more everyday how beautiful and blessed I am for having a decent face+body.
IT IS TIME FOR ME TO GROW UP

Amen...

eh..there ain't nothing wrong with obsessing with our faces...beauty is a virtue, after all. :biggrin:

Has anyone checked out the new pics of the stitching method double eyelid before/afters on Dr. Tseng's website? It's the first time I've seen the stitching method used on fatty eyelids... and the results look great! Any thoughts?

WHat i want to know is, how is dr tseng compared to dr chuang? besides them both being great doctors

I've consulted with both very recently, and I have to say, that Dr. Tseng seemed a little bit more responsible than Dr. Chuang. Dr. Chuang was rushed, tired and distracted. HOWEVER, I think Dr. Chuang may be a more talented plastic surgeon, because his work is beautiful and diverse. Dr. Tseng's noses look uniformly good, but that type does not work for EVERY face.

My advice is- go consult with as many docs as you can. Their clinics are very close in distance. Go with your instincts and see if you like the noses of the people in their clinics.

I have chosen not to work on my nose during this trip after the consultations, because they both recommended that I wait until my broken nose heals a bit. I broke my nose two weeks ago while playing on my firm's softball team. :sad:

i was doing a search for plastic surgeons and came across this website...

http://georgeplasticsurgery.com/gallery.html

this is what they have listed as their location: George Plastic Surgery
Wisma Indah
498-1-2 Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: (603) 9284 1292
Fax: (603) 9200 8155
[email protected]

if you go to the gallery section of the webpage and look at the pictures, you might notice that they have the exact sets of before and after pictures that dr. charles lee in beverly hills use. his website is www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com. what is going on here??? dr. lee appears to be legit, so is george plastic surgery stealing dr. lee's before and after pictures??? is george plastic surgery even a real establishment? this is really shady!

So my surgery is in 7 days... and I was just wondering, for those of whom have had work done, did you guys experienced much emotions the days prior to the surgery?

I keep thinking... "In 7 days, I'll look completely different from myself... a look I've had for 20+ years!"

On that website above, why am I seeing I believe Charles Lee patients on his website? I seen 2 of those girls before & I think it was Charles Lee before & after.....don't have time to look it up right now :confused1:

Edit - Asin, I didn't even read your comment before posting about the pictures lol. That's the 1st thing that popped into my mind as well.

I was excited & scared. Haha, I was happy to rid of the look I've had for so long lol. The healing part is the scary part because you don't know how it will turn out in a few months after everything settles but you can get a good idea right after surgery if it's going to be good or bad ;)

Hey guys. I've FINALLY finished reading the thread. Very informative indeed. Actually it was so informative until i forgot who did what and where.. cos i wanted to pm them to ask for pictures.. Before and after pictures are just soooo amazing.

Depends on what you mean by safe.
Goretex noses tend to be much softer and not as defined as silicon. It has not been used for that long a period of time in rhinoplasty, compared to silicon. It's supposedly more long lasting as your tissues can grow into it thus preventing shifting and implant movement after a few years. Of course this isn't always good. If the surgeon didn't do a good job and you want to get a revision rhinoplasty, it will be problematic taking out the goretex.

Silicon has been used for a far far longer time than goretex. Main problems include implant extrusion, shifting. As far as i know, the material itself does not disintegrate. It's one solid piece and should remain that way when it's in your body. Apparently, due to the thick asian skin, implant extrusion is not a problem with silicon, cos there's enough support.

Rib cartilage is much harder to work with, more invasive (3-5cm cut on your body). Not that many plastic surgeons have alot of experience working with autologous material. Theoretically speaking, it should be the best material to work with, since the material is not foreign. The biggest problem with this material would be warping/reabsorption into body. But seeing how Dr Toriumi uses ONLY autologous with great success, i'm not sure about the validity of the claims.

But what's REALLY important is finding a GOOD plastic surgeon with a responsible and caring attitude. It really can't be stressed enough. As many people have already said, rhinoplasty is a very very difficult procedure, possibly the hardest plastic surgery procedure. I think there has been an abundance of surgeon information in this thread and in other places if you look hard enough, so it won't be difficult to find good surgeons. Good luck