BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just an update on 4th PS Group trip of 7 buddies flying to Korea on this coming 3rd June to BK Dongyang Plastic Surgery Clinic and have their beauty enhancement by Dr Kim.

Most of them will be doing their eyes & nose surgeries and 1 having facial bone surgeries.
These are the procedures that our group buddies will be doing.

Facial bone, Eyes, Rhinoplasty & Fat Graft procedures :
1) Facial Bone ~ Zygoma & mandible Surgery
2) Eyes ~Revisional double eyelids surgery, levator muscles correction & magic epi
3) Ptosis ~ Double eyelid & levator muscles correction
4) Eye lift / Eye bags ~ Upper & lower blepharplasty
5) Fat Graft ~ Upper eyelids fats injection
4) Rhino ~ Deviation correction, rasping, ear cartilage graft on tip, alar base reduction and foreign body partial remove(fillers)

As for this trip, I will be there to assist them through the whole surgeries procedure till they return. We will go in separate 3 groups.
First group ~ 3rd June, 3 buddies & myself.
Second group ~ 4th June, 2 buddies.
Third group ~ 11th June, 2 buddies.

To be updated again, and my upcoming trip after June will be in Sept & Dec.
For those who is keen to join on our next up coming PS Group trip do e-mail me at : [email protected]

Pictures will be share for those buddies who are willing to contribute to my posting.:smile:

Hello guys,

Its been a while I drop by. I am enjoying that new look of mine. I was just wondering if any of you had experienced more changes post-op after 6 months and longer. My surgeon said that my nose is shrinking but it will stop after 6 months or so and the tissue will become soften and will release itself a bit. This is what I am hoping for as I personally think he was tab bit conservative in elevating the tip of my nose. Just a word of wisdom for those contemplate on rhinoplasty...please speak with your surgeon about what you want in term of the end result of your surgery. Your nose WILL DROP about at 15% or more (from swelling, bruising and settling into position) . Please don't get me wrong I still look much better than my before but I did had an ideal look that I did not portray well to my surgeon. Current my noses look tight and its seems like its still trying to hold on to dear life :smile: and it does not seems to want to soften up and release itself :sad:

Anyhow, I am just curious if anyone wants to share their experience with their healing process of their rhino surgery. Did you experience changes even after 6 months and more as what my doctor had explained?

Thanks,
want2change

SERIOUSLY!! My daughter called me Feiona (sp? - Shrek's wife)... I'm not as swollen now, but still have the yellowish bruise on my cheeks. I can't believe how it affected my cheeks...

Hi Azn Girl and everyone else,

Tomorrow will be exactly two weeks after my surgery. All of my bruises under my eyes have been gone. Actually, they were pretty much completely gone two days after I had the cast taken off. Like I didn't need any more concealer to cover it at that point.

I must say, I can still tell that there's still swelling. My bridge looked a little wide to begin, and now I can tell it's getting a little more narrow every day. Also where my incisions were in my nostrils...the swelling diminishes a little more there every day.

As far as the symmetry, I swear it changes? I can tell that patience really is the key to recovery, and I wish I had more of it! Two weeks down, two more to go...then maybe I can make a more clearer assessment.

Oh and let's talk range of motion. Still can't completely smile, which is a big part of my personality. It still hurts to laugh. I can't wrinkle my nose, or be expressive at all, really. This is the part that bothers me most about recovery I would say. I feel so boring and mundane, and that's totally out of character for me.

hi wnt2change!

my question for you, is did you doubt the symmetry in the first few weeks/months after your surgery? how did you handle it and how did it turn out?

Hi everyone,

It's been a really long time since I was here :smile: Hope everyone's recovering great and enjoying their new looks!

I'm intending to go to Taiwan mid-June 2008 to do PS with either Dr Chuang or Dr Tseng. I've emailed Dr Chuang so far and am awaiting his reply. Is anyone interested to go with me so that we could perhaps negotiate for better prices?

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks very much! :smile:

It's exactly 1 week and 2 days post op for me.

I'm loving the results so far... but I have a couple of concerns as well.
- alar asymmetry
- bridge height

I had alarplasty along with septorhinoplasty and at the moment, looks like the alars are not as symmetrical as I would like. I did talked to the doctor about this during my 1 week post op visit, but he said it's just due to the asymmetrical swelling on the tip and that it will become more symmetrical as the swelling reduces. Humm...?

My other concern regarding the height is the fact that I LOVE the height as it is right now. But I've been reading that the height will reduce over the next couple of months as the swelling reduces. The doctor said he added about 3mm to the height... but if it'll come down a bit more in the next couple of months, I think it'll still be too small (if it reduces more from this point).

Another thing regarding my eyelid surgery... as I've said, it's been 1wk2days post op.. and my eyelids are still very red. Is that normal? I know the swelling is normal, but pictures I've seen of eyelid surgery at 1 week post op are less discolored compare to mine. Plus it does not look symmetrical as well...

So I'm exactly two weeks post op today. I'm right there with you on the alar symmetry too. Honestly, I had a feeling that was going to be a concern even when I still had my stitches and cast on. Kind of like I could forsee it.

Check out this picture of a very famous Filipina model:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9964/clati9.jpg

Her alars are asymetrical too.

Here's a front view from the cover of the mag she was featured in:
http://www.ruffagutierrez.com/php/articles/displayCover.html

My surgeon showed me a pic before the surgery and how my nostrils were a little uneven from that angle to begin with. I'd rather my nose be even from the front angle, than even from the bottom (where no one really sees) and crooked from the front.

I catch myself looking into a handheld mirror all day picking out what people MIGHT notice. I NEED TO STOP.

I find that my bridge is a little off center, but the side is off to is more tender to the touch...swelling. =/ I WANT SYMMETRY NOW. =/

Wish I could help with your eyelid surgery... know nothing about it. =/ Keep us informed.

Is the daughter recognizing Mommy yet and not Feiona? What does she think? :smile:

You guys all got yours done and I want mine but NO MONEYYYYY T.T Damn I really want my nose done bad but hard to save up with so much payments. I barely started to build my credit and I don't think it's high enough to apply for finance, and I doubt my mom will sign for me lol. HOPEFULLY I can get it around July-August like I planned =(

Deelaz, I so get where you’re coming from on the lack of expression. I have two kids… a 3 yr old and a 6 mon old. My three year-old is such a joker and she always has something cute/smart/etc to say… and I can’t laugh at any of her jokes. When I laugh or smile, it feels like my alars are going to rip off my face any second.

And like you, I’ve spent too much time with my handheld mirror picking out things I’m afraid people will notice, things I like, things I am not so sure about, and things I’m definitely worried about.

Oh yes, the day after the surgery, she said "Mommy, you look like a monster, but I still love you like my pretty Mommy" and after I had the sutures out and the splint removed, she said, "Mommy, you only look a little like a monster now (I supposed due to my puffy eyelids). And tomorrow, you be allllll better!" - Kids.. they say the darnest things. :smile:

OMG... the first 2 days after the surgery was the worst for me. I had always been 90% happy with the way I look and just needed that little 10% changed.... looking in the mirror and seeing my ugly puffy cheeks, with big round nose, puffy swollen red eyelids, and more.... I felt like Frankinstein. For a day there, I was sure I made the biggest mistake of my life by doing the surgeries.

Hi, deelaz

The asymmetric of my nose is the LEAST OF MY WORRIES from the beginning. What people have to pay attention is the height (particularly the tip area) if you're as fanatic as I am. It will drop no matter what and I mean it will drop at least 10 percent minimun or more. Mine dropped at least 15 percent particularly the tip area. I did not mind the bridge as it was high from the beginning and he kepted as that. My nose was perfect at 1 month and half in terms of height because the swelling really starts to manifest itself. To be honest, it really freaked me out when I first got my cast off because my nose looked like a bone in the middle and the base was so odd. In the span of time of that month and half, it began to take shape (very pretty) and at the end of 2 - 3 months time I started to see my nose changing shape and size weekly. The tip started to drop slowly! I am not saying I don't like my nose, it is still much better than my before. My doctor put 3 mm lay of cartilage at the tip of my nose and I would said at least 1 mm lay is gone.

So to all who is contemplating nose surgery speak to your surgeon about the shrinkage aspect.

Good luck all.

want2change

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recs for Dr Hsu?
(I think he operates from Taiwan as well)
I realised a lot of you have been reco Dr Chuang
however I am still contemplating on who to choose
for a rhino. Also, does either Drs provide services
using either cartilage/silicon/goretex?