BeautyHacker

Kimosa- My doctor was Dr. Hwang Young Joong at the YES Clinic. Their website is here: http://www.yes5425.com/en.htm

I'm not sure if they have before or after pictures on the website, because I am not fluent enough in Korean to navigate it well. I'm sure the website has contact information if you are interested at all. I highly recommend him! I feel like my nose looks cute and natural, not plastic and overworked. I will have to get some pictures when the tape comes off.

Feel free to ask me anything else!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey deethers I'm looking for a bomb ass plastic surgeon in California too, but in Los Angeles area and so far Dr. Charles Lee is really good but SO expensive. I found another one, google: it VIP Plastic. He's a Korean doctor but he has only one picture. But his prices are like 4,500$ and reasonable. I'm tryna save up my money and deciding which doctor, probably not Dr. Lee cause I don't have 7thousand for a new nose lol.

Hi everyone! New here. :smile:

Just got my cast and stitches off today. I can see the shape already, even with the swelling and scabbing. If anyone wants to know my experience, holler at me. :smile:

I'm from Portland, OR, and had the procedure done in Manila, Philippines. My doctor was the best in the country - Dr. Yap - performed at the best and most upscale clinic here - BeloMed.

A few questions for the pros :smile: . . .

I have some scabbing/crusting. How long did it take for yours to completely go away?

My face is still so stiff! I can hardly crack a smile. When were you able to make facial expressions without feeling them?

My bruises are minimal now. They're fading out to a yellowish tone, light enough to cover with makeup. The swelling is there, but I can already tell that'll subside soon enough too.

Thank you Kimosa and pinky_ohana for wishing me a quick recovery! I get my stitches and tape off today... I'm both excited and nervous haha!

Kimosa - My grandparents actually live in S. Korea so I stayed at their place during the recovery. It is about a 30 min cab ride but not bad, they always give you a sort of mask to wear in public, just looks like the ones some people wear everyday here to avoid spreading a cold or something. They have three clinics, so if you were interested I would call them up or email them and ask which clinic would be best suited for the procedure you are interested in. They might be able to direct you to some nearby hotels, or you can see which are close yourself =). Are you thinking of getting something done?

deelaz - I get my tape and outer stitches out today, I'll let you know if I experience any of that! So far, I can smile without feeling uncomfortable although during the first three days I couldn't smile big or open my mouth wide for a big bite of rice lol. Now I'm fine, I can smile and eat anything basically, and it has been 7 days since the surgery.

I didn't bruise at all, I don't know if that is odd, or maybe common for my procedure, I had an open rhinoplasty to shave down a bump (only slightly) and raise my tip a tiny bit (I didn't get anything extreme, and no implants were put in my nose.) I did get swollen for the first and second day after the surgery but it was presentable by the third, aside from all the tape lol!

Hello all! Just wanted to let you all know I got my surgery done this morning. Not felling very much pain but very drowsy and neausated. My eyes are very swollen and can hardly open them, but my nose looks great even with the splint on. I can't wait till next week to get it off and see the actual result.

I can't believe I'm even online typing this to you guys... but I'm excited. Please pray for a quick recovery and beautiful results for me. Thanks.

Hi deelaz,

I'm a newbie too and finally decided to join. My questions for you re your experience, how much did you spend and what have you gotten done?How long did you stay in Manila for the post ops appointment before flying back? Did anybody recommend you to that doctor?

Thanks in advance. Speedy recovery for you and to all the others who just had surgery like azngirl and sungmina!

good luck to all of you guys above who just got your noses done recently! :smile: I'm really hoping to get my done this summer, so far I have my mom's permission but not my dad's. He doesn't know anything about this yet, I'm praying he lets me because it's so important to me.

May I ask you guys above, how did you feel during/right after the surgery, and how you felt now that you're at home? such as any pain, nausea, etc...

overall, how was your experience? I'm just so scared since I've never had any surgeries before, so I don't really know what to expect.

Thanks guys!

Hi Heartface!

I paid no more than PHP103,000, which is approx equivalent to $2550 USD. That was for a gortex (upgraded from silicone) bridge implant, nostril width trimming, and tip definition under local anesthesia.

Keep in mind you'll be paying extra for lab work and prescription meds, which ended up being around PHP 8500, or approx $200 USD.

I'm still in Manila. I had my surgery exactly a week ago today, the cast was removed two days ago, and I leave in three more days. I'll be fine to fly, but I wish I can stay longer so I can enjoy my nose out here. :smile: My face is still a bit stiff (I can't smile much without pain, but I talk just fine) and I still have lesions where the stitches were. Ah well. Hurts to be beautiful! ;-P

could I please see before and after pix?

Aw, I've been avoiding the camera because believe me, you'll learn this when you have your procedure done: A camera is the LAST thing you want in your face when you're in recovery. I'll be honest, the first few days, I didn't even recognize myself with all the swelling and bruising. I thought I'd been hit by a train. My roomies here called me Shrek and Frankenstein hehe. I think the only "after" pics of me are at the clinic...and the doc forced me to take them! :smile: But I'm sure after a couple weeks - when the swelling is gone for good and I get my complete range of motion back - I'll be the vain photowhore I truly am. :P

Hi Deelaz,

Did you have an open or closed method? What did they do to define your tip?Did they reduce the cartilage there?Do you know how much in mm in each nostril did they trim it by?How long was your surgery?

How is your recovery?Did you have any trouble breathing the first few days following surgery. Could you describe the discomfort you had or you still have.

By the way, was an anesthesiologist administered the anesthesia and how did you get to know Dr. Yap?Was the doctor recommended by someone you know?

Thanks again.

Hey peeps!

Wows, it's been a while since I've posted! :P Lately, I've been getting super self-conscious of my appearance. I know I'm definitely going to get a nose job at the age of 20. But the problem is that I don't know how to tell my parents or friends when that time comes!

How did you tell your parents/friends about deciding to get a nose job? What was their reaction? Has this effected your relationship? Do they see you differently? I'm afraid when the time comes, I will be the next inside story. It will be a major change from a flat bulbous nose to a high bridge nose. :sad:

Congrats Sungmina & deelaz! Wishing you all a speedy recovery! :rolleyes: