BeautyHacker

Hello!!

I've been a silent reader for a week now (I just finished ALL the pages). Unlike most of the readers here, I'm opting for a more Eurasian look than a "natural" look. I would LOVE to make my eyes look bigger but I don't think I'm a candidate for an epi bc my eyes are somewhat close together. Any other options to making the eyes look longer/bigger? I already have double eyelids...

I'm also interested in NJ but I think that if I do anything to my nose it'll make my eyes look even closer together...

When I get the time maybe I can post pictures of myself here and you lovely ladies can possibly give me an idea of what I can do to improve my features?

Thank you for all the advice and help given on this thread already!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the helpful information! I am not taking Arnica pills, since it's not on sale in Canada. I didn't know about it until after the fact from this forum (doh). I believe my healing would have been much better if I have taken them as I see patients (on and off this forum) raving about it. For most people who take it, the purple bruising is gone 1.5 weeks post op. Now it's 10 days post op for me and I still have obvious purple bruises on my face. I am just worried when I start my NEW job on Monday when I anticipate many questioning. :sad:

As for the protein, I am getting my source from almonds and soy milk. I lost 8 lbs since the surgery--this shows the degree of my post-op emotion stress. I felt that I ate normally only with lesser amounts and some food restrictions. I understand that nutrients very important so I am trying to intake more fruits and veggies.

How is your nose bridge and tip coming along? Have you noticed that your bridge has narrowed substantially since the operation? You said your tip is showing some definition, has it become smaller? For me, I still feel that my nose is quite large. The bridge is wide and the tip is very bulbous. This is my 10th day and I am hoping it will decrease in size in a few weeks after the swelling is gone. I must say though the size now is already much better than the time when my splint is taken off.

You can just tell people at work that you had a deviated septum corrected.

I stocked up on protein powder so that I wouldn't loose muscle and gain fat while I was recovering. I just started going to the gym and lifting light weights a few days ago. I know I'm supposed to wait another 2 weeks to lift but I feel fine and haven't had any problems.

The bridge looks better. It's narrowed down in the front. I hope it decreases in height from the side view in the coming weeks. My whole nose was huge when the cast came off on Day 5. From tip to bridge, it was the same width, just like a cat. I looked like a cat. I almost cried but tried not to since it would increase swelling. I thought I made a mistake having plastic surgery. There is still some swelling on the width of my nose below the bridge where the bones were broken and narrowed. My tip was very bulbous after the cast came off. Now, I can see a little bit of nostil definition. From the side, the tip looks great. My nostrils are still small. Too small to stick my finger in. I started applying Mederma scar gel on the alar scars to minimize excess scar tissue. I think the tip is the last part of the nose to deswell. So we won't see the final results until about 6 months.

Thank you, doobao.

I actually had very little bruising, if any at all. Nothing blue or purple, just a little yellowish bruising on the tip and between my eyes (I had eyelid surgery as well). It took about 4 days or so for the yellow bruised areas to go away, and that's about it. My doctor gave me Arnica to take before and after the surgery and that was all I ever took.

Ok guys I went back to Korea to have a touchup on my eyes & get my nose redone higher. This is seriously the last time I'm getting surgery!

I went to Dr. Kim to get my eyelids revised just like 1mm lower. I loved how deep & big my eyes were when he fixed them from a previous bad surgery in the States but I just want them a little lower.

Then I went to Dr. Jung to get my nose redone higher. I wanted Goretex & actually had Goretex done with Dr. Kim & then changed out to silicon before. I think Dr. Kim does a really natural looking job on noses but since I want it much higher & I liked how the Goretex looked, I wanted Goretex & chose to go to the best nose doctor in Korea.

Dr. Jung is so nice! I really really like him & he listened to everything I said & was very patient.

Right now it's only been 1 day since I got surgery so I don't know how it looks under the splint but I'm scared. My nose is sooo swollen & my cheeks are so big! I think because I got the sides of my nose shaved down just a tiny bit it's making it more puffy.

The bad thing is with this huge splint thing on my nose I can't even wear my sunglasses! Oh & I think I got sick too. I can't believe it but I can only breathe through my mouth until my nose packing came out & I think I got sick by breathing through my mouth the whole time. Yech! My tongue feels weird too.

Doobao - You still in Korea? Did you get the extra splint right away or after he took your original splint off?

Hey Kimosa,

I flew back to Canada 5 days ago. Yes, I agree that Dr. Jung is super super nice. Not only Dr. Jung but also his team of docs and nurses are also caring and professional. So, i assume that you operation took place at the new office, because they recently moved from 2nd floor to 6th floor on the same building.

I am just curious...you went to Dr. Kim for Goretex and Silicone, what was the height of the goretex? Did Dr. Jung take out your goretex and replace it with new Goretex or did he layer on top? Did you specific to him how much of a height increase you wanted? He said he normally increases 3 mm unless otherwise indicated. Since you wanted yours higher, did you add 5 mm?

I was the same with you one day after surgery...extremely swollen and bruised. It got worse on the 2nd and 3rd day that I could barely open my eyes. It depends on the person, but for myself when the splint was off on 5th day, my nose was super super huge(bridge width swollen, tip huge, height is way too tall). I guess that's because i did everything under the sun to my nose (alarplasty, tiplasty, osteotomy, augmentation). It's 12 days post op for me and I still feel that my nose is quite swollen despite the fact that it came down in size substantially since the first day.

Dr. Jung gave me a moldable splint after the 5th day (not the very first day), if you wear it religiously after the original splint comes off, it really helps decrease your swollen nose. You can see the effect right away after wearing it for a few hours.

Funny thing is that I am completely opposite of you in terms of preference of bridge height. I didn't want a height increase at all...but Dr Jung convinced me to augment the bridge to make nose look more defined. So I added 1.5mm, which he said it's very small. Until today, 12 day post op, I still find my bridge too tall...it seemed like a 5mm height increase to me...maybe I am not used to the appearance of the nose. I am praying that my bridge height will decrease further after a few weeks, otherwise I may have to complete revision surgery. I look like Eurasian now, which is NOT my preference.:sad: Dr. Jung is adamant that the height will come down after it de-swell in a few weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed and try to stop being paranoid.

I feel for you for having a weird tongue on the first few days..for myself, I had a sore throat. In the first 3 days of operation I thought I had NO WAY of recovering fully until 2 months but I gradually felt so much better after the 7th day. You will feel so much better in a week or so...so be patient and I hope you recover well!

Yeah I did the op on 6th floor where they moved. Everyone there including the receptionist & nurses are very nice. They were remodeling some stuff there still when I left.

I had the Goretex & changed it out to silicon. So Dr. Jung just took out the silicon & added Goretex. I will have to ask him if he knows how high the silicon was, because I never asked Dr. Kim & I'm curious now. He said he was going to add 2mm to the height with the silicon so I'm guessing total is around 4-5mm. I'm really not sure, I will be sure to say when I know the real answer.

You are only 12 days post op, trust me when I say this, that it will go down. You just had major surgery to your nose & it's bruised, swollen, been messed with & of course will be big for a few months.

My throat is kinda sore & my nose has been runny & stuffy & feels like crap on top of it being swollen. It doesn't feel good having a stuffy nose!!

Do you have an email or can you PM me under my username? I can't PM you & I just had a few other questions. Thanks :smile:

Hi everyone~ I have a question- can anyone recommend a good dermatalogist in Korea? I've already been to Dream but didn't like the doctor I consulted with. Please let me know if you've heard anything or had a good experience. Thanks!

My cheeks were so swollen also after getting the bones broken. It looked like I had cheek implants, like chimpmunk cheeks. I still have a little cheek swelling left, well I hope it's swelling and nothing permanent. I am 24 days post-op now.

You're not supposed to wear glasses or sunglasses for about 5 weeks.

My tongue also felt weird, almost like I burned it on hot pizza the day before.

I hope both our bridges will decrease in height to our liking. Mine makes my nose look too long for my face from the profile. Actually, when I use my finger to pull the skin over the bridge towards the other eye, it seems like the perfect height. Do you feel the swelling at the bridge makes your nose look longer from the side?

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find the Asian eyelid surgery forum so pardon if I'm posting off topic. I had my eyelid surgery/epi/botox shot today morning and am recuperating at home.
The surgery itself was relatively quick and painless, maybe 45 mins for bleph/epi and a couple of mins for the botox masseter muscle slimming shots.

IMO the most painful parts of the actual operation/procedures were the botox shots on the sides of the face...they KILLED! I gasped when they put the needle in and then they asked me to clench my jaw as tight as possible when it felt like the needle was STILL in my cheek...eeek! However, the surgeon told me that usually ppl find injecting anaesthetic around the eyes much more painful than the botox but for me it was def the other way around.

There was definitely alot of swelling when it was all over and done with, but I could open my eyes up and walk around no problem. Me and my mom took the taxi home. It took time for the local anaesthetic to wear off and I think the worst pain is happening now. It's not so bad now that I've popped a couple of tylenols and its become this sort of tight, swollen feeling. There's also a bit of bruising under the eyes but nothing serious.

I was in the check-in office before my surgery and met this girl who said she had received the botox shots to the jaw and her results were fantastic. I actually had wanted to do the jaw shaving, but I was persuaded by my operating surgeon to have the shots.

I definitely am anticipating healing up within the next few weeks and hopefully being able to exercise 2 weeks from now and take some pics in 4 weeks.

If anyone has questions or has had these procedures done and wants to chat feel free to PM me. Good luck to everyone who is healing up---godspeed.

PS...I read someone posting about taking protein powder. I actually bought a 2 lb tub of high quality whey protein powder and a tub of glutamine to speed scar healing, but my surgeon emphatically told me NO protein powder. We get enough protein from our diet, she told me, and extra protein will cause overgrowth of scar tissue and slower fading of scar lines. Unless that you are vegetarian or don't eat enough proteinaceous foods, my surgeon advised me to stay away from protein powders. Hope this helps!

hi! i'm new.
this is a great thread. good job and great info.

for nose surgery, do you guys think getting it done in the summer (hot, humid) affects healing and risk infection?