BeautyHacker

oops. I meant to address that to Aznpurse. Sorry.
Aznpurse,
So if you'd just rather remove it and be done with it. There are plenty of experienced doctors in the US who will do it for a 1000 dollars. It is a relatively easy process.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to touch on some points here:

Goretex is not going to be as sharp as silicon, it is supposed to look more natural. If you want a sharp nose, I suggest silicon then.

Your own cartilage can also have the risk of warping. Usually if done by a good doctor it won't happen but it's still a risk with cartilage.

Also, as with most doctors that I've read about. You can't just go off the pictures on the website. It gives you an idea of their work but when I went into Dr. Jung's & Dr. Kim's office they had a whole computer of before & after pictures I've never seen on their website & they are much better than what you see online. ;)

Kimosa,

You are right. Doctors usually have better pictures in their office than their website due to privacy issues.

Just wanted to add a note. Warping and reabsorption generally happens with costal cartilage, not conchal or septal. The problem with conchal and septal is that it's in a very limited amount, and you only have so much. However, if you are doing a mild to moderate increase, it should be enough.

Please correct me if someone has heard otherwise.

lots of good info. thanks a lot.
so to increase the height of the nasal bridge, you can use conchal cartilage?
hm... i knew a lot of docs used it for the nasal tip.

i heard some can use fat graft too. anyone heard this?

silicone L is where it has the tip attached too right?
did u need open rhino for that?

Yes. I got open rhino for the silicone L, which has a tip. The doctor also placed septal cartilage at my tip. You don't NEED to do open for silicone L. However, I wouldn't get it closed. Your chance of extrusion is MUCH greater if just inserted through a closed method.

wait... aznpurse... I thought you have silicone already. If it doesn't work for you now, don't go back to it if you get a revision.

I thought conchal was ear cartilage? If so, you can only use that for the tip, not the bridge. Costal which I believe is rib cartilage can be used for the bridge. :yes:

Actually you can use conchal cartilage for the bridge. Both my bridge and tip is of ear cartilage graft.

Any good recommendations? I like the shape of my nose, and would like to keep it, but I would like a more prominent nose bridge. Overall I feel there is some excess skin on my nose which would look a lot better if it had some support in it to make it slightly higher, while retainer the same nose shape.

I am willing to spend under 2k. I have not heard of any good ones in NYC. What do you guys think? :confused1:

I always thought there wouldn't be enough ear cartilage to do both bridge & tip but I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for letting me know ;)

Ok, I just got back from taking out my stitches. Not painful but I do feel better after having my nose cleaned out too.

I am really liking my new nose so far! It's still thick looking & the tip is huge but I like the overall shape & can't wait for it to go down & also for the sides to kinda slim down.

The sides of my nose are bruised a little though. I kinda look like I had a rough night or something lol :P

maskd2003,

my actual nose was actually not bad. i had a moderate size bridge so my PS just placed a thin silicone (I). and my tip is my tip untouched, it was high to begin with. i kinda regret getting nose surgery in the first place because i had a good size bridge and high tip, but you know with the glam of celebrities and their beautiful high noses i wanted to get noses like them. unfortualtey my PS just put in a slab of straight silicone and done with.

So if you had your silicone replaced with Gore-Tex does the capsule formed around the silicone inhibit tissue growth in the Gore-Tex implant? How is the mobility of the replaced Gore-Tex implant?