• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keenose,

did u get silicone implant?
because silicone sometimes will make the skin of the bridge lighter in color

kimosa,

so you had goretex(dr kim?) --> silicone (dr kim) --> and now goretex (dr jung)
how long did u wait before get the new surgery? is it okay to change?
how does your nose feel? does it get really tingly feeling?
how did u like the look of silicone of your nose and the look of goretex?

I am planning to go to the same doctor as Azngrl. I've already called him. I will have to fly into town. Please pm me if you want to join me. They basically told me that I need someone there because it is uncomfortable after the surgery. So, if you want surgery too, you can come with me and share hotel costs; and I'll take care of you, vice-versa.

My time frame is lenient. I can go soon or in the future.

Here's a forum for Asian Double Eyelid surgery:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68893

I also had the botox to the jaw and I just started seeing the results this past week. The Dr. told me it would take about 4 weeks for the results to show. I love the results, it really slims down the face and makes it more angular. I never felt the injection since I was under general anesthesia.

For those of you considering nose job, I have enclosed an email reply from Dr. Jung after I sent him my pics of 12 days post op. As you can tell I was very nervous about the swelling of bridge and tip. He is adamant that the swelling will go down soon in approx 4 weeks. His reply is extremely quick (1 day), so I must say he has great customer service!

Hi

I saw your pictures.

(1) When my nose tip deswell in 3-4 weeks, will it decrease in profile view as well?

Usually it will take 4 weeks.
Of course profile view together

(2) What is common % of tip decrease after it's finalized?

It's hard to say exactly, but I think more than 20- 30%.

(3) As agreed by both of us, I only had 1.5mm goretex augmentation, I feel that my nose is VERY HIGH at this point, much higher than I wanted. Sort of look like 5 mm increase if I measure with ruler. Is that normal, will my height go down more? I look very Eurasian now as you can see on the picture.

Don't worry, of course It will go down.

(4) Commonly, when will my bridge height finalize?

I lifted only 1.5mm. Please wait a moment.

(5) IF (not saying I will) I need to take out goretex inplant, can I restore my original bridge height

Yes.

Thanks,

DH Jung

I was told by the Doctors in Korea that if you apply ice pack religiously and stay in door after surgery, there is no negative effects to healing. Despite this, they told me nose jobs are much more popular in winter amongst Korean and there is a longer line up.

I sure hope so too. When I touch my bridge, i don't feel much tissues beneath my skin and the augmented goretex, so it felt like it's pretty much set. That being said, the area between my eyes is still a bit bumpy so when the deswell hopefully my bridge will go down along with my forehead. Dr. Jung just told me to wait (see my last post).

When I looked in the mirror today, it does seem like the bridge is a bit lower than a few days ago. I don't know if really it had lowered or I am just getting used to my new look. To a lot of people, my bridge is more "normal" rather than "high". It's just me who wants it lower.

By the way, at day 24 post op, can you resume your full range of motions on your upper lip? Because now the area on top of my lip (below alar) is still pretty stiff so whenever I smile, it's really really weird as that area doesn't move at all. My upper teeth doesn't even show...I heard that there are some girls who have trouble smiling the full motion for a period after surgery, so I am just curious what your progress is. If you can kindly let me know...

I waited 6 months which is the suggested time. It is ok to change as long as you wait at least 6 months.

Right now my nose just feels swollen. I don't really have a tingly feeling except I have this splint on my nose. When I had my nose done before, I never really had a tingly feeling but maybe a few times while it was healing but it definitely goes away. Just your body adjusting to it I guess.

I don't know how this nose will look since I just got it but from previous I liked the Goretex better. It just looked more natural & smooth & blended with your face. The silicon looked good too but a bit more stick like & made my nose skin more shinier too. :Push:

About the upper lip movement, give it a few months. Before I noticed that I talked a bit funny & couldn't smile all the way but all that goes away after a few months. Especially if you have alarplasty, give it 3-6 months.

I just got my bandages & splint removed the other day & got new ones on. I felt my nose & it felt good, I didn't want to really see it yet lol.

They tried to clean my nose as much as they could inside but I woke up this morning with a crusty inner nose again from my sniffles & can't stop touching it. It bothers me but then again I don't want to rip it out or make it bleed. Argh! :cursing:

I think I was able to smile around 1.5 - 2 weeks. It looks like my smiling motion is in the 95% range. My nostrils seems stiff still. My friend who saw me on Day 10 said my upper lip looked funny. I remember being able to smile then but not fully. I also had chin augmentation and I remember having a really hard time pronouncing "6". My phone # has 3 "6"'s in it , so whenever I had to call a cab or order food delivery, I really sounded funny.

I hope the swelling on the bridge and cheeks goes down some more by next week because my best friend is coming back from vacation and I don't want him to think that I had bad plastic surgery. I still have swelling on the sides of the nose where the bones were broken but I'm not worried about that. So far people's reactions have been: "you look different, did you get a face lift? there's something different about you. you don't look Asian anymore, you look White. Your nose is too straight now. The implant makes your nose look long from the profile...." So far it doesn't seem like there have been any compliments. :sad:

Like you, I don't know if I'm getting used to my look now or if I'm starting to look better day by day. Hopefully the latter. So far, I really love the chin, botox on the jaw muscles, and how the tip of the nose is turning out. I can't wait for the rest to catch up.

doobao,

thanks for the info. so u recently got back from korea. how was the weather?
where did u stay? and did it have air conditioner there?
i'm looking at getting goretex with dr. jung too but someone said the clinic was really small cramped. did u find this to be true?
and did he have an anesthesiologist?

thanks hope your nose is doing good!

i know that silicone its easier to tell if you got nose done. and you can sometimes move the silicone.
but for goretex, if someone feels your nose, can they tell? is there like a step you can feel.

your skin didn't thin out from the revisions? i want goretex but i'm worried i'll have no skin.

Kimosa I hope you feel better with your recovery! The first week is always the toughest week. So, does your throat and tongue hurt as much?

You can try to clean the crust inside of your nose with tweezer and q tip, just be really really gentle and clip the stuff out with the tweezer. i guess you can't get it out 100% but at least 50% is better.

I think you will be really happy with the results! Dr Jung is a really talented doc and he can augment your nose by a big degree with Goretex. Looks aside, I feel that the bridge FEELS very natural, the curves are natural, the alars are healing well. All in all he is a very skillful and patient who tries to understand exactly what the patient wants.

Wow, 3-6 weeks to fully recover my smile, that's a long time...sometimes I think it's not the nose that gives away people having nose job, it's the strange upper lip! I can't imagine not being able to smile and laugh full motion for a few months. I will keep my finger crossed. Just as long as I can recover 100%, i am fine and can wait a bit. Just kinda hoping it will be 6 weeks instead of 6 months. :P