BeautyHacker

Hey Aznpurse,

The weather is generally warm in Seoul, Korea. The time I went was mid May and the day time temperature was about 26-28c. I can only imagine that it is substantially hotter now because it's summer already. At night, the temp drops to about 20c so it's still ok to wear short sleeve.

I stayed in the hotel nearby called "Coatel". It's about 3 min walk from Dr. Jungs office and I must say it's GREAT. Not fancy, but has all the amenties that enables your survival after your nose job. (kitchenette, washer, TV, wireless internet) There is a convenient store on premise and shops, restaurant, grocery store and subway are steps away. I stayed there for 7 days altogether and watched TV 24 hours a day. My biggest mistake was that I didn't bring a laptop and it turned out each room has wireless internet. Fortunately there is a room in the lobby where I can use the internet so I use it for 2-3 hours a day at one of the two terminals.

The office is kinda small, especially they moved to different floor recently and the new one is even smaller. There is lots of traffic especially in the afternoon. I didn't really care about the office because I cared most about the quality of the staff. Dr. Jung is professional, kind and patient (he answered all of my email blast) both in consultation and after care, and his team of fellowship Doctors and nurses are all very nice. If you speak Mandarin/ English there are at least 2 of them onsite who speaks these languages. Dr Jung speaks Mandarin himself. I must say I am quite impressed with the staff.

There is no anethestologist on board, they gave me some gas to inhale through the mouth and knocked me out quickly and completely. I didn't know a thing til I woke up 4 hours later in the recovery room.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info! I hope the recovery goes well for both of us.

Probably the reason people are not complimenting yet is because you went through a log of changes, you did Chin, botox for jaw and nose and that would make your appearance alter significantly. Your friends probably will take a while to get used to all these changes if you have done the surgeries relatively close to one another. Recovery from surgery is certainly a very stressful process. I am sure after a while the cheek swelling will be gone and you can restore your full range of motions then you will feel and look more natural to yourself and everybody. I hope the bridge will come down to the degree you desired. I felt that mine has gone down significantly since a week ago. I looked so Eurasian just a few days ago it's not even funny. I didn't recognize myself and couldn't eat. Talk about crash diet, I lost 10 lbs in two weeks which is not something to congratulate upon.

I still don't have the guts to see my friends yet. The first friend I will see is this Sunday for lunch and I am curious if she will notice very much difference. It's hard not to laugh and smile fully though.

oh FYI the hotel has self adjusted independent air conditioning and a fridge

Hope you are recovering well!

Make sure to use warm compresses as much as possible between now and then because that will help speed up the healing process.
I actually like the eurasian look just as long as it doesn't look unnatural. You have to let us know what your friend thinks about your new look. Even though, I haven't gotten any compliments from the friends that have seen me, I'm thankful that they were honest.

I think I lost about 5 lbs, but I made sure to get enough protein and cut out as much fat and carbs out of my diet because I knew I wasn't going to be able to exercise during the recovery.

Aznpurse,

If you're worried about the material, just get an all natural nose with me from the doctor that Azngrl went to. He uses strictly septal and ear cartilage for primary rhinoplasty.

They want me to either hire a nurse for the first night or go with someone else who is going to get a rhino the next day, or bring a friend. I don't want any of my friends to know...

If the silicon was implanted well it shouldn't move but I think there is an easier chance to move than Goretex. If someone felt my nose they wouldn't of been able to tell, no steps, it blends smoothly like my real nose. No one really feels your nose anyway so no worries there. My skin is still fine from the revisions. I've had many revisions & I'm still ok, I think you will be just fine :yes:

is it an american PS?
who and where is the doc?

i want my nose redone. it has silicone now, but the skin is kinda thin.
so i was thinking about getting it changed to goretex.
i was reading goretex only been used for noses liek 10yrs so the PS don't know if something bad to happen laters. and some things about it destroying the bone too.
a lot of PS recommend goretex, but some PS say to be careful that it has the same complications or even worse than silicone.

another PS recommended me to just take the implant out, without putting a new one in. i don'tknow what that will look like or if my bone will be the same?

eeeeeeeeeee.... decisions decisions. it sounds like a lot of people like dr. jung's work here in the forum though.

My skin is on the thinner side too. Anyways Goretex doesn't destroy your nose bone, it molds with your tissues on your nose to bind together. Silicon is just encapsulated in your nose so it's always sitting on top of your nose & tissues just grow around it.

I think the complication risk for Goretex vs. silicon is almost the same except last article I read it said Goretex was 1-2% safer than silicon.

If you just got a silicon implant without breaking your nose or shaving it down, it will be the same when they take it out. :smile:

Are you going to Dr. Robertson then?

AznGrl03,

Yes. I'm seriously considering him. Though, I'm not completely sure as of yet. Thanks a bundle for sharing his info. His work is the best I've seen as of yet.

Girls who went to Dr. Jung,

Let me just say that I think Dr. Jung is a great doctor. And, I want to congratulate on your new noses. Please do not take anything that I'm about to say in offense.

aznpurse,

Here's the thing about silicone. I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I've had it in my nose for a few years now. No problems yet. No one can tell by looking. But my doctor didn't change my nose very much. Just added height to bridge, and I'm not content with it completley.

I've been looking for a revision for 2 years now. But, none of the results really impressed me enough to take time off AND to spend a bundle of money.

I know a lot about Dr. Jung. Probably not as much as some of the girls here as they personally went to him. However, I do know of two individuals who switched out from silicone to goretex and complained that the result was not as sharp as their original silicone.
Silicone- Can last entire life, BUT has risk of extrusion, infection <--can cause piggy nose, displacement. Can look bad over long period. Can make nasal skin oily, constricts blood flow.
Goretex strips- Can last entire life, BUT has risk of extrusion, infection <--can cause piggy nose, displacement<-- but risk is lower than silicone.As one becomes old, the nose can appear whiter, especially when rubbed. Generally has less definition than preformed silicone and sometimes can create wider bridge if original nasal bridge is weak.
Goretex block- Can last entire life, BUT is hard to remove after it is placed in. Has risk of extrusion, infection. As one becomes old, the nose can appear whiter, especially when rubbed.
own cartilage- Can last entire life. MUCH less risk of extrusion, infection, etc. With this, if it doesn't happen initially, it's going to be fine.

Personally, I know Dr. Jung charges 4000 for primary. Azngrl's doctor charges 5100 for primary. Of course this varies from case to case. BUt, if you are flying from the US. It will end up costing the same or pretty darn close.

But, the reason why I'm choosing him is not because of cost <-- though it's a great deal. It's because 1. he uses autologous tissue. You're getting a lot more work for the money. 2. HIS RESULTS.

I have never seen such good results! Go to Dr. Jung's website. YOu will not find any work that is as good as Azngrl's. That's why I chose him.

Azngrl,
The most renowned doctors of the world all agree that your own tissue is always the best type of implant.
If you've only had your implant in for a year. Most likely, it has not rubbed off your nasal bridge any. It generally does this at 10+ years. I've consulted a few doctors face to face about this.