BeautyHacker

Hi Panache397

I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience. I visited BK two weeks ago and I went to the floor name 'for foreign patients' to consult with Dr Kim. I heard that this clinic is very busy but that floor was absolutely dead, there were so many nurses but no patients were waiting. Is it just that floor or are they getting such a bad rep that they are losing their patients? Is Dr Kim the one that did your surgery? Unfortunately I can't find much docs that speaks English in Korea so i am kind of struggling...any advice will be appreciated. Or pls PM me to share more

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Panache397 - i am so sorry to hear about your experiences and thank you so much for this post. In fact, I consulted with Dr Kim two wks ago and apparently they had a floor for 'foreign patients' which was absolutely dead - there were so many nurses and no patients. Is it that they are getting such a bad rep that they are losing their clients or is it just that floor? Is it Dr Kim that done your surgery?

I really want my surgery done in Korea but seems there are not much choices for English speaking docs. Any other insights you can share will be appreciated or pls PM me

-----------

oamyo, thanks so much for your reply! it was very helpful and it also gives me a better idea of what he would be like as a doctor as well as the fact that he is skilled. btw, do u preside in seoul?

oh and if possible, could u send photos of ur before/after results? ^^* [email protected] just the nose is ok lol. I would love to see his results from someone not posted on the website. of course it's not obligatory.

I want to share my 2cents after my nose job just a day ago. I think Korea probably has more qualified surgeons than U.S. for asian rhinoplasty. Besides that, the doctors in U.S. tend to want to charge more just because they have offices in Beverly hills.

Have surgery oversea does has its pros and cons. I'd recommend a lot of research and communicate with the surgeon extensively. An expensive surgeon doesn't mean quality, he might has less experience due to his price. A busy surgeon might mean that he can't give you as much attention as he should. Bottom line, if something or somewhere doesn't seem right, don't go along with it. I'm just thankful to some of the earlier posters who shared their experiences. Goodluck everyone.

So who did you decide to go to?? Are you pleased so far?

I eventually went with Dr. Park at OZ Cosmetic clinic. Here's their website.
http://drpark.co.kr/eng/index.htm

I also considered Dream clinic, but their email address seems to be outdated.
http://www.dreamsurgery.co.kr/about/english/eng_default.aspx

Another I contacted, Dr. Lee in L.A., but they actually gave me the quote of $6800 without what exactly what procedure I wanted for my nose. Then doctor Jung (also in Korea) just seems really busy even though I think he's good.
http://korea.nose.co.kr/english/main/main.asp

Additional info:
http://www.ksaps.or.kr/english/

This is like the second day post surgery so still a lot of blood clots. But from what I can see, the general symmetry and shape do not surprise me or freak me out. I don't have much swelling might also helped. Right now I worry more about the scars. I will try to post updates once I'm back to states. Feel free to PM me if you have specific question.

How'd your nose turn out?

The most important thing on my list is design. The second most important thing for me is that if anything goes wrong, that I be in a country where I understand what rights I have (which I feel would be incredibly difficult if I can't speak the native language in a foreign country). Price is probably the last thing on my list.

I believe a surgeon who knows what he/she is doing is most important. Dr. Lee seems to get a lot of asian patients (at least, that's the demographic he seems to be targetting). I was considering Dr. Toriumi because he's a world renowned surgeon (particularly famous for his work in revision and rib cartilage use). However, my nose naturally slants to the left and I don't really want to make it any worse.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect surgeon. Even the best of surgeons have unhappy patients. I just want to find a surgeon who understands what I want.

What other plastic surgeons were you thinking of?

----------------------------------

i did not see any pics of rhinoplasty on the oz clinic's site. how did u feel so confident in doing nose surgery there?

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. I am interested to get my surgery done in Korea, and researching on Dr Jung, would it be possible that you can also email me a pic of your nose to [email protected] Your help is so much appreciated!

I have uneven eyelids. It's starting to bother me more now.
I remember that it all started more than a year ago when I woke up and noticed that one eyelid crease is more defined than the other (one has 3 creases, the other has 2). Now I notice that while the more defined one is getting more defined, the other one looks even less defined. I wonder if there's a bit of sagging?
What should I do???

OZ clinic is very popular, among one of the most popular clinics in Korea. I think the two most popular clinics in Korea is BK and OZ, with Dr Jung who is only specializes in rhinoplasty. We all know that BK is overrated, they have many horror stories from this clinic and the surgeon only wants money. Instead, they have OZ, I don't know if they have horror stories because I don't see any now but they have one extremely advantage for going with OZ Clinic. The advantage is that the cost of the procedures is extremely cheap for one of the most popular clinics in Korea.

For exemple, for the all kit procedures for rhinoplasty, implant augmentation, tip plasty, open, ear cartilage, the cost for this is only maximum 2200$ USD.

As if you want implant augmentation, alarplasty and ear cartilage, it's only costs maximum 1700$ USD. Others exemples, double eyelid surgery with medial canthoplasty costs maximum 1000$ USD. Mandible reduction costs maximum 3300$ USD. For the plane tickets, if you are from North America, going to Korea is not expensive compare going to China or Taiwan. The flight costs maximum 1000$. The OZ clinic suggested a good hotel for 80$ USD per night. For one week? 600$ for hotel, 200$ for other stuff.

Ok, now, all I write is money talk but I know that besides money, they need to have a good surgeon in OZ clinic. Just to compare the prices, Dr Lee is extremely expensive. His rhinoplasty costs minimum 7000$, double eyelid surgery is 5000$ and mandible reduction is 9000$. For BK clinic, the prices are around 2000$ for double eyelid surgery and epicathoplasty, 4000$ for the all set of rhinoplasty (except open which is more) and 5000$ for mandible reduction.