BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I arrive in Seoul on the afternoon of Wed the 18th. VIP will be providing the accommodations in their OfficeTel. Which is great for me since the VIP is only a 10 min walk from there & I've heard from other patients that it's like a studio apartment with kitchen & fridge & pleasant enough.

I'll be more than happy to meet if you'd like. : )

hey PPpeppeepers and samsammimilili
i also go to seoul, korea on may 17th if your wanna join.
i going to Dr Park at oz clinic

hey how did surgery go???
just wondering what clinic did u go to?i planning to go to Dr park at oz.

Hi Jenny,

I went to Regen for nose revision, fat graft and v line.
Surgery went very well :smile:
Today is my day 9 post op and i've removed the stitches inside my mouth.
Do note that I got it removed earlier cos i'm going back home tml...:biggrin:
Normally the nurse will only remove stitches on day14.
However Dr Lee said my recovery is very fast thus agreed to remove em.

Brought a fellow member to Regen today and she kinda like the ambience and service.

In 2012 Regen will be moving to a new building in Gangnam.
So those who are interested do take note :smile:

Happy Friday everyone! (I'm in Korea)

I have made an appointment with Shimmian Clinic to have my reduction rhinoplasty surgery on Jan 10, 2012 with Dr Jung. He seemed very honest and told me what seems to be the opposite of VIP and Banobagi. The surgery would be about 1 hour long (others said 4 hours) and he could slightly curve my nose outward the way most young people do (Dr Lee at Banobagi told me he could only cut a straight line because if he curves it there would be extra skin left over). Dr Jung briefly explained the basics of what he would do on his little desktop tablet. He was using some big words here and there so I wasn't able to catch all the technical terms. I should have written it all down but I was the last person at the clinic and the staff was kind of waiting on me to finish. Plus, Dr Jung looked very tired so I didn't want to hold him for too long. Anyways, I plan on going back before the surgery so that I can have him or his staff write down EVERYTHING they will do to my nose (technical terms). This way, I can do some last minute research and prepare mentally/emotionally for my surgery.

About my nose:
I have what they call a maverick nose with deviated septum, so I am getting a reduction rhinoplasty. He said he will cut the hump, cut a little off the tip (droopy), use septal cartilage for the tip, and cut both sides of my nose so that he can push the left and right sides closer together (make narrower from front view). Lastly, he will NOT need any septal cartilage for the bridge. He also mentioned something about spreader grafts but I have no idea why he did.

Question:
1) After he cuts my big nose and gives me the curve I want, doesn't Dr Jung have to use some sort of cartilage to cover the bridge area of my nose? Or is that only for patients who get a bigger nose (higher bridge)? So is skin enough to cover the bridge after he cuts/shaves the bone?

2) If Dr Jung is making my nose smaller and narrower, why would he need spreader grafts? For support? I'm reading on the internet that people with spreader grafts are unhappy with a WIDE nose.

3) Has anyone heard of cutting both sides of the nose so that he can push it closer together? He said there is some material in the nose at the tip of the dorsum, which is why I wouldn't need any septal cartilage for the bridge. I asked him, "wouldn't it be sharp like a triangle tip once pushed together? How do I get the roundness on the bridge?" That's when he mentioned the "material" that is naturally there where the two sides meet.

PLEASE HELP! thanks for reading. take care.

Sadly true, men do not even look at the face. I asked my ex-boyfriend once, he said he would rather put a plastic bag over the head of a girl with an ugly face and nice body, than dealing with a girl with an ugly body and nice face. :huh:

Could not agree more with you... :yes:

Talking about button noses, the following academic research conducted on beauty and babyfaceness might be interesting: http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/kindchenschema/kindchenschema.htm

There is nothing wrong with Asian noses. Take a look at the girls here: http://asianmodelsblog.blogspot.com. They are gorgeous, but do not necessarely have high bridges. Such a pity that I only realize that now...

I guess that concern about the piggy nose is rather related to how much leeway your nose has got after PS, e.g. when bumping into a wall. I have noticed that kissing has become more troublesome ever since I got my nose job done.

2,5 mm is indeed very low, considering that you needed a fair amount of augmentation. When I went for revision, I asked dr. Hsu to remove the goretex graft and not add any additional height. He told me he would insert a 2mm piece of rib merely to make sure that possibly depressed areas would be filled up properly. The 2mm graft was not meant to augment my bridge.