BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hi, my consultation timings are also kind of tight. I am planning to cab to travel to n fro clinics too.

But how are you going to call for the taxi? Do you happen to have the number? & do they speak english?
And do we need to buy prepaid card in order to make phonecalls? Thx ^^

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also 1.1mil for a fat graft. By the way they give lower quotes over kakao so maybe you should try that?

Technically I'm foreign since I'm born and raised in the US. However whenever I go to consultations and speak English, I feel like a certain tense feeling and coldness from the consultants and doctor... and then when I say i'm korean and start to speak korean i feel a lot more welcome? and they become warmer and friendlier, take care of me more, and quote me a lower price and let me bargain on that price.

Thanks for your info! :smile: Any idea where to get those prepaid card?

I am planning to go consult View, JW and opera just to do my eyes. How about you?

They definately are foreigner prices!!
Fair prices are (from what I have been quoted myself and read)..
5~7M for breast
2~3M for genioplasty implant
1.5~2M for fat graft (full face)
I am not certain about Vline genio..do you mean T osteonomy?
For usual vline though around.. 5~7 M..

I have seen prices on naver blogs and apps for Opera and a lady paid 5.5 m krw for Vline..

Also..You never know what you will be quoted in person and how much leeway there is for bargaining so take online quotes just as a guide..as the consultants usually say, they are only guide prices.

I might be wrong but I think there is a certain ammount of resentment and disappointment for Asians who come back to their native country and only speak English. Locals find it really sad and as a bit of an erosion of their culture in a way with you appearing to be 'whitewashed'.. Koreans are very proud people and are very protective of their cultural heritage and blood and that is why most of the older generation despise interracial marriage.
That is just my observation..and might not be true..but it is interesting and funny that it happened so obviously to you..It is also kind of sad in a way xD At least you can speak Korean and could see the shift.

Btw.. between 1~1.8 m is what I have been quoted for fat graft on kakao from different clinics.

They treat me as every other foreign person when I speak English, I do not tell them I'm Korean until I speak Korean. Typically they think I'm chinese.

Plus I doubt the consultants and doctors feel that way since they're not that old and it seems to be the more older, less exposed people who think that way.

My advice to foreigners consulting at plastic surgery clinics is to at least try to speak some korean perhaps? maybe that could help with cold and unfriendly consultants and doctors :smile:

Haha thanks for the quote. I can't help but feel slightly discriminated. The consultants are the ones to first to represent the clinics. When they're try stealing money out foreigners pocket it just leaves a bad taste. After all this researching i still don't know which one i should go with. Hopefully after consultations with the doctors I'll have find one I like.

Hey thanks for the quotes! Very helpful. I'll definitely use that as a guide. Unique gave pretty similar quotes. It gives me a little more faith in them.

No problem :smile: Here to help~

Hi Nara! Just wondering how long can non-incision method last?? As i read that some people have their double eyelid droop back to monolids in a few years after doing non-incision and they got to go for revisional surgeries :/

I have eyelid that is in between medium to thick, so i am not too sure if non-incision method will work for me :sad: & i also prefer if my double eyelid can last!

Anw i am glad you liked your results!^^

Opera clinic just quoted me 3.2k-4.8k USD for rhinoplasty and full fat grafting + nose = 6.4k-8k USD. I was hoping they would tell me 2k for rhinoplasty like someone else had mentioned earlier :sad:. But seriously 3k for fat grafting? I mean..the price is still okay i guess but...thats like almost the same price as their rhinoplasty! I had an American doctor quote me around 2.2k USD for fat grafting..I would expect them to be cheaper than an American doctor..I'm having second doubts about going to Opera now. Might just stick with the other clinics on my list.

Just finished my surgery with iWell... Apparently my airways are too small making it difficult for me to breathe so they had to take me off GA and I was awake during the procedure. A tiny bit uncomfortable with a bit of pain but otherwise tolerable. Wish me luck for my results guys and I'll let you know what I think once the bandages come off.

I was so nervous on the operating table before I got knocked out, I wanted to cry and I was shivering. I'm such a big baby but it's all over now and I'm glad it's done.