BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hi janberan,
How are you feeling today? What procedure did you have done? Glad to hear that you didn't have any pain. I will be sure to load up on the water and food!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power v and buccal fat removal aren't the same.
Power v is facial liposuction where the fat is removed through incisions made on the skin. Mine are behind my ear.

Buccal fat removal is done by teasing the fat out through incisions made inside the mouth.

So, with buccal fat removal you can only remove fat in the buccal area whereas power v can remove fat on almost any area of the face and neck. I had fat removed along my jawline and lower cheeks between my ear and mouth.

Hey! I'm feeling alright.. I'm just tired.
Staying in my apartment cause I'm too tired to go out and don't want to show my fat taped up face.
The only areas that hurt are where my fat was removed (tail bone and outer thighs). Other than that no pain! If I touch the incision areas it just feels a tiny bit sore

Hi jan,

Can I ask you a question, does power V is permanent or last a while? If only last a while, approximately how long?happy healing :smile:

did the doctor mention when will you be able to see the result of power v? How much did you pay for each procedure?

Every clinic has a different name for facial lipo and facial threading. I have had facial lipo (mine was called Acculift) and I've also had buccal fat pad removal but I've not had facial threading yet (many different names for this procedure usually with the word Power or Lift in the name)

The facial lipo and fat pad removal are two separate procedures but usually performed together, to slim down your area below the cheekbone and under the chin and the facial threading is like a mini face lift for a more defined jaw (V line effect without surgery). If you have a lot of fat removed by facial lipo then you should have facial threading to prevent sagging. You can have absorbable threads so once your skin binds to the underlying tissue it will gradually re absorb after a few months so you have no threads under your skin or you can have the non absorption threads that can be re tightened every 3 years as you naturally start to age and gravity pulls your skin down. Hope this helps.

Hi LJ88,

If you are doing only lower blephoroplasty it will only be sedation and LA.

Most of us are concern of post op and forgot about pre-op Stop any medication or even supplements 2 weeks before the op. I had my lower Blep done 3 weeks ago. While. I read about not able to take aspirin,I didn't know Omega 3 fish oil is not allowed too. This caused more bleeding during my surgery and my left eyes was badly bruise . Vitamin E should be avoided too.

All the best to your surgery :smile::smile:

You are so right. As I went into more depth of the procedures on facelift, I get more confused. :shame: Can I seek your opinion, how long does the absorbable thread last as compare to non-absorption one? Would pple go for absorption or non-absorption one or facelift?

I see... Thanks Jan and HKPhooey for the in-depth explanation :smile:

How are you feeling now Jan? You've survived your first day! and night! Aren't nights the worst? I hope you were able to sleep comfortably :smile:

mrs king i cant believe we're gonna be there round the same time.btw ill be there for you because ive been through 2 jaw and boy is it hell but you can do it.we can recover together n i plan on hving fun on my last trip to korea. If you're up for it we can go sight seeing,we'll see where it goes

i had the v ine 6 months ago and when you look at me,my skin looks normal and not saggy but when i pinch my chin area,the skin isnt as tight as it used to be.it feels like i have rolls lol.i just hope it stays firm n so far my teeth are in tact.hope that helps

Ladies, any bone shaving from your face WILL make you sag and age faster than those who have some jaw/cheek bones. Just think of your facial bones like the frame of a canvas making it taut. Although you can't deny that V-shape face is very young and attractive looking, but for the longer terms...Maybe not.

Whatever you choose to do, please please chose your doctor very carefully. They don't tell you the whole truth, they won't be nice and polite if you tell them you're not happy, they won't accept any responsibilities but blame everything on you eg; you are too fussy, your eyes were already uneven, etc... You don't want to pay a lot of your hard earned money for a broken dream.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your endeavour.

makeover, can't believe either that we end up on going over on the same days!You are so sweet in offering help :smile: Thanks a lot! We should def hook up and recover together. Would love to hang out and enjoy the city also. I'll send u my digits thru email and lets talk before our trip.

motherhen, thanks for the kind advice! How are you doing? I was going to mention this filler that I found to you in case you are interested, Sculptra, that is supposed to be very effective and relatively safe. It stimulates collagen production in one's body therefore produce natural volume. I would consider it for my forehead.

I am considering bone surgery and not worried about sagging because I need a mid/lower face and neck lift anyway and was planning on having one. But I feel my bone needs to be reduced first before lift. Do you see a problem with cheekbone and jaw surgery first, then maybe in 6 months, do the lifts?

Take care