BeautyHacker

Recommendations for eye plastic surgery (all around)

Update on emails I got:

JK – DES only, non'inc.
They said they can fix the difference between the eyes by cutting more skin on one eye. Then I read the reviews that they have a lot of botched jobs and I couldn't fine anything on the doctor.
Price: 1,65 million KRW non-inc.

ITEM
DES+Pt
Incisional
Price: 1,54 ; 0,77 (Pt); 0,77 (Epi)

Anyone has any info about them?

ASAN
Has decided to try out the hospital. Wow…The price is really:
Price: 4000-4500 USD
I mean… Well it worth checking out.
But I guess this includes staying at the hospital and other post-care.

MVP
DES (Inc)
Price: 1500(DES); 1000 (PT); Epi(600); Lat(600)
Doctor Kyung Bae Hyun; Hyo Seok Seo
I like their B&As. Saw positive reviews here, totally going for consult at least.

Semin (SM)
Des (Inc)
Price: 1,76-2,3; 0,88 (Epi)
Dr.Hong (head surgeon)
Read positive review on soompi.

Here is the list of clinics I am not even going for consult due to blacklisting, botched jobs, bad reviews, ridiculously high price etc:
BK, Girin, Opera, JW, Regen, BIO, ASAN. + others that I even sent the inquiry.

Found a few clinics with doctors certified by ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgery). But most of them all in Korean thinking to send them email in english and I guess we'll see.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

"others that I even sent the inquiry." - here I meant I did NOT even sent the inquiry.

Unfortunately no, but I'm going to contact my friend from Korea and ask what she knows about the clinics I wanna go.

There are two more clinics I liked: Daily PS and BCI PS. BCI specialize in eyes and their B&A are good but not all of them. And daily PS has reaaaaly good B&As but there is no info I could dig on them. I sent email to both clinics but didn't get any answer yet. And I am not sure if I will =)
But I am going to visit them anyways even without appointment when I'm in Korea.

I didn't consider neither of them. Maybe I'll do some research on dream...but there are two of them so I think it will be a bit hard to separate one from another.
I'm starting to lean towards clinics for locals though I am still not sure how I will be able to communicate but that's another story.

Hey people.

I just came back from Seoul this morning. I had my eyelid surgery done on 14th April, at a small clinic, recommended by a Korean friend.

Same as all of you, I sent email to different clinics like Teuim, Banobagi, Girin, Opera, ASPS for online consultation. And emailed DocFinder for recommendations, my friends going with me on the same trip engaged another similar medical agent, and I got her to recommend good doctors too. It's all coming back with the recommendation of Banobagi/Cinderalla/JW/ID those really big names and big scale hospital/clinic.

At the end decided to have it done at the small clinic. I've actually written my review and experience on another thread:
# Feel free to kakao me for more info in case I take a long time to reply here! I have a few post on that thread, you can just got to the last page or last few pages.

My kakao ID: tchule

Hey there, have you gotten yours done?? Sorry i didnt' see this post! I just got back from Seoul this morning. Which clinic did you go to?

Could you let me know the websites of both clinics? Thanks in advance

I went to laprin to help my friend with the consultation and the consultant was quite *****y :/ the doctor was nice though. The prices were crazy high even though I asked in Korean.

The small clinic i went to is called Lead Plastic Surgery. I'm still waiting for the recovery.
The consultant there does understand basic english but wasn't willing to speak. I was there with a korean friend and he was the one doing the translation for me and bargaining the price. Dr Lim there is able to communicate in English.

The location of clinic is near exit 3 of apgujeong station. I had my procedure done on 14th April and now my right eye is still a bit more swollen than the other one. Overall I do like the clinic and doctor! One special thing the doctor offer was botox injection on my forehead. I don't have any visible wrinkles on my forehead to begin with, the reason for the botox was, by my best understanding, to correct the bad habit of using too much eyebrow muscles and forehead muscles to lift up my eyes. Doctor recommended non incision methond + ptosis correction + fat cells removal. Due to the weak eye muscles, eyes may look sleepy, after ptosis correction, botox will sort of numb the forehead/eyebrow muscle and hence force my eye muscles to work. And for recovery it will strengthen my eye muscles and to be less reliant on the forehead and eyebrow muscle. Does it make sense? I'm not medically trained but that sounds sensible to me.

First price was quoted at 2.5m KRW but due to an event going on it was reduced to 2.2m KRW. My friend was helping me to bring it down to 1.8m KRW. Dr Lim said that, if I agree to his proposal to get botox injection, he will do it for me free of charge, and it's completely optional. I thought that's agreeable to in the end, I paid 1.8m KRW for non incision / ptosis correction / fat cells removal / botox.

The paperwork in the clinic are in Korean, so you may need to get someone to translate or bargain for you if you would like to go there.

Hope what I am sharing here is helpful! (I dont know how to upload picture, but i'm willing to share)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,
I don't know any negative review about Dream but if it any help, i do mine there recently and so far it looks great. Btw I do non-incision with Dr. Park. Have u decide where to do yours yet?

Tapiocabee did you narrow down your search for under eye fat repositioning? I am considering it for this summer.

hey crandon, yeah I finally managed to narrow down a list of 3. Originally I had consulations lined up for Jayjun, ITEM, COOKI and iWell. I did some digging and found out that Jayjun had a death earlier this year so I crossed them off immediately and I also found iWell had a negative review or 2 so I crossed them off as well. My new revised consultation list is Wannabe, ITEM and COOKI, I'm not going to add anymore as I know I'll be too tired after 3 consultations in a day :smile: hope that helps!

Hello please let us know how your consults go and prices too if you don't mind
When will you be going?
Thanks so much for sharing!